HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edm-Nas Rumour off Spector's

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 06:08 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

vCash: 500
Quote:
My thanks to "Snepts For PM" for the following regarding the Nashville Predators: "A friend in the Nashville Predators General Manager's office told me this morning that multiple deals are imminent.
ooooh yeah, that sounds reliable.

Old
11-18-2003, 06:10 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
Man, if you can get Legwand - do it. And then throw in whatever you have to (within reason) to get Hamhuis too. Nashville might be thin on defense, but when the three "names being dropped" in trade rumours are d-men, you never know.

But nah, that would be too good to be true.
Amore realistic trade would be comrie and chimera for Legwand and Kloucek

Old
11-18-2003, 06:11 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
Man, if you can get Legwand - do it. And then throw in whatever you have to (within reason) to get Hamhuis too. Nashville might be thin on defense, but when the three "names being dropped" in trade rumours are d-men, you never know.

But nah, that would be too good to be true.
maybe they want to swap one of their young offensive defense men for one of our older leader types (Staios/Smith). You should also note they are stronger Rw then Lw(particularly in the prospect department) while were the opposite there should be room to swap there.

Old
11-18-2003, 06:18 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
Amore realistic trade would be comrie and chimera for Legwand and Kloucek
value looks pretty good there I think. Probably the closest thing valuewise... I'd like to see, how ever, the Oilers try to include say Laraque, Horcoff and a second to get Hamhuis and Upshall so it'd be:

Comrie
Laraque
Horcoff
for
Legwand
Upshall
Hamhuis

I'd LOVE to see us get Upshall and Hamhuis. I mean people are saying that he will be nothing more then a good third liner. But IMO if you put him, Stoll, and Torres on a third line 10 years down the road, you'd have the BEST third line in the league easily!!!! It'd be like McCarty, Draper, and Maltby but better offensively!

druel.... druel....

Old
11-18-2003, 06:28 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Now, Laraque is the best we have plenty of enforcers with Brookbank and McKenzie,

Old
11-18-2003, 06:33 AM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
Wow, with Oates here now, and legwand and Hamhuis a possibility, you can only imagine the lines.

Smyth Oates Hemsky
York Legwand Dvorak
Torres Stoll Isbister
Pisani Horcoff Moreau
Pisani Reasoner Moreau (when healthy)
(assuming Chimera or Laraque gets dealt)

Brewer Semenov
Smith Staios
Hamhuis Bergeron

Old
11-18-2003, 07:07 AM
Radulov for Czar*

Don't count on Legwand being moved, same with Hamhuis. I think that Arkhipov and Upshall would be the first 2 to go, but Arky's picking up his play and I'm a huge Upshall fan so I think I would rather have them than Comrie.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:18 AM
Safir*

Why are you Nashville fans so worried about weakening your teams defence? It isn't like you guys drafted a couple of promising D-man in 2003.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:30 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
Don't count on Legwand being moved, same with Hamhuis. I think that Arkhipov and Upshall would be the first 2 to go, but Arky's picking up his play and I'm a huge Upshall fan so I think I would rather have them than Comrie.
I don't think Comrie would agree to go to Nashville so you're safe.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:34 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
I agree I don't see Poile moving his best 2 way foward in Legwand and a stud of a defensive prospect in Hamhuis for a hold out (Hammer is leading the league for rookies in Minutes played with over 20min per contest). If anyone were to be moved from the Preds, I see it being Upshall/Arkhipov/Kloucek/Brookbank/Allison.
Arky has a lot of upside, but you have to give up value to get value.
Quote:
only wingers Scott Hartnell,Scott Walker and D Marek Zidlicky are deemed "untouchable" by Predators management
Although all these players are key to the Preds this year, I see Legwand being more untouchable than Harts and Walker, and I see Kimmo being more untouchable than Zids. Kimmo leads our team in Ice-Time and Although Zids has shown to be very good, he isn't the leader of this defence. That title belongs to Kimmo, so I have questions about this source. Either way, it is fun to speculate; therefore, here is my speculation Upshall, Klooch and a 3rd for Comrie.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:35 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIM
I don't think Comrie would agree to go to Nashville so you're safe.
BTW, how much is he holding out for?

Old
11-18-2003, 07:39 AM
dem

Oilers wouldnt have went out and got Oates if they were close to getting Legwand.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:44 AM
vb

I could Lowe being interested in Upshall...I remember Lowe asking him if he would like to be an Oiler in the "3 days in June" special last year and Upshall was pretty emphatic.

I just hope that if a deal goes down it creates room for Rita rather than having him thrown into the deal.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:45 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
apparently $1.13 million or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
Oilers wouldnt have went out and got Oates if they were close to getting Legwand.
Legwand is a good two-way player and has the potential to be a poor man's Modano but his face-off skills are just as lacking as any Oiler aside from Reasoner(Legwand is around 45%) Oates is also better on the PP are two most glaring issues that Legwand would not fix even if we were close to getting him.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:45 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
Numbers have neen published between $500K which the CBC claimed he would sign for just to get out of here up to $4M which was reported in Florida.

You're guess is as good as anybodys since no one knows.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:06 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIM
Numbers have neen published between $500K which the CBC claimed he would sign for just to get out of here up to $4M which was reported in Florida.

You're guess is as good as anybodys since no one knows.
I'd personally be obliged to trust what Comrie said he'd play for in comparison to a article in Florida with no factual basis..

Old
11-18-2003, 08:35 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
Comrie to the Predators for Legwand and a little extra in return.

Seems to me a pretty good deal for both teams. Comrie a good and solid NHL scorer.

Legwand could use some scenery change for sure. With Nashville defence first game plan, Leggy wasn't the right player, especially with his short comings on defence (albeit he's working to combat those). Therefore he should fit nicely with the Oilers speed offense.

Oilers fans don't burn me alive, if I said anything wrong about the Oilers game plan.
Legwands shortcomings on defense? Do you even watch any Preds games? Yeesh.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:37 AM
Mr Sakich

the funny thing about this thread is that it seems like nashville is a team of superstars and we are offering a bag of pucks. Here is a sad fact - there are no current nashville predators who have EVER scored 50 points in a single season. Comrie had 61 in his first year and was on pace for 68 last year. His value is at least as high as any single player in the pred organization and is certainly an short term upgrade over anyone mentioned on this thread.

Old
11-18-2003, 09:01 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Man, you guys remember only about a year and a half ago, Kloucek was supposed to be the next big thing to hit the Ranger's blueline? I remember the Rags board telling us how Kloucek is untradeable and how the Oilers would have to overpay to get him? Look at him now...

I would love to have Legwand on the Oilers...and I'd be willing to trade Comrie + a combination of Izzy, Horcoff, Chimera for Legwand and a defensive prospect. I don't think they could get both Legwand and Hamhuis but a Legwand and Kevin Klein combo wouldn't be too ridiculous.

Old
11-18-2003, 09:22 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
the funny thing about this thread is that it seems like nashville is a team of superstars and we are offering a bag of pucks. Here is a sad fact - there are no current nashville predators who have EVER scored 50 points in a single season. Comrie had 61 in his first year and was on pace for 68 last year. His value is at least as high as any single player in the pred organization and is certainly an short term upgrade over anyone mentioned on this thread.
Because points are the only thing that determines the value of a player I mean at 22 years old Legwand should have had 5 or 6 50 point seasons so far.

Old
11-18-2003, 09:41 AM
momentai

Geez, some of you guys are seriously OVERRATING Comrie by a longshot. Comrie for Legwand straight up is a steal for the Oilers nevermind adding Hamhuis into the mix.

I wonder if Ryan Suter is the one involved in the deal. He would be an excellent pick.

Old
11-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Hemsky4PM

Can anyone name me a rumor from Spector's that has actually happened? I doubt the reliability is even 2%! File this Nashville stuff under "see it to believe it".

Old
11-18-2003, 09:52 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Can anyone name me a rumor from Spector's that has actually happened? I doubt the reliability is even 2%! File this Nashville stuff under "see it to believe it".
Well they did mention Oates to Edmonton but its probably one actual trade results from every 100 rumours. It gives a pretty good indication of who is being shopped though and what teams feel their needs are by what they are recieving.

Old
11-18-2003, 10:03 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I'd personally be obliged to trust what Comrie said he'd play for in comparison to a article in Florida with no factual basis..
and the number was?

Old
11-18-2003, 10:06 AM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
I agree that until we see the trade happen for real we should treat this speculation as just that. Nonetheless - I think if we can get Legwand out of Nashville we should.

How about:

Comrie, Horcoff and Rita

for

Legwand and Dan Hamhuis

Am I leaning too much on one side?

Closed Thread