HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Toronto - Detroit trade proposal

Old
09-19-2006, 09:36 AM
REF

vCash: 500
Toronto - Detroit trade proposal

My proposal is only a minor deal as rosters begin to pair down, heading towards opening day, teams are adding a need or two & dealing some extras who don't fit. Thoughts...

To Det
Tellquist/Antropov

To Tor
Cory Emmerton/Justin Abdelkader

REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Transplanted Caper

Why would detroit trade a solid prospect for a backup they don't need and a forward that holds no more trade value then a late-mid round pick? Makes zero sense for the Wings, although the Leafs would run with it.

Transplanted Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Peter Griffin

The Wings have Hasek and Osgood already, acquiring Tellqvist will mean they have to send one of them down and pass through waivers. I don't see the Red Wings biting.

The Canucks on the other hand would likely have some interest in Mikael Tellqvist. Probably wouldn't offer anything more than a 3rd/4th round pick though.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 09:47 AM
REF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
The Wings have Hasek and Osgood already, acquiring Tellqvist will mean they have to send one of them down and pass through waivers. I don't see the Red Wings biting.

The Canucks on the other hand would likely have some interest in Mikael Tellqvist. Probably wouldn't offer anything more than a 3rd/4th round pick though.
Ahhhhhh ya, geeez sorry bad post, not enough sleep last night, I totally forgot they had Hasek.

REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 10:51 AM
VanW27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
New Jersey may be interested in one of Tellqvist/Aubin also, I think a mid-round pick is fair compensation for a descent back-up making not much more then the league minimum.

VanW27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Big#D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwychen27 View Post
New Jersey may be interested in one of Tellqvist/Aubin also, I think a mid-round pick is fair compensation for a descent back-up making not much more then the league minimum.
New Jersey would have no need for either Tellqvist or Aubin. Scott Clemmensen is in camp right now and will sign at the league minimum once Lou Lamoreillo clears some cap space. Clemmensen fills in admirably in the 10 - 12 games that Brodeur doesn't play. Who knows what the other two would do with the diminished playing time?

Big#D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 12:59 PM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI20 View Post
My proposal is only a minor deal as rosters begin to pair down, heading towards opening day, teams are adding a need or two & dealing some extras who don't fit. Thoughts...

To Det
Tellquist/Antropov

To Tor
One word: Stupid

shadoz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 03:19 PM
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
New Jersey would have no need for either Tellqvist or Aubin. Scott Clemmensen is in camp right now and will sign at the league minimum once Lou Lamoreillo clears some cap space. Clemmensen fills in admirably in the 10 - 12 games that Brodeur doesn't play. Who knows what the other two would do with the diminished playing time?

He also has other guys to sign and everyone seems to figure they will take reduced rates. The players did not sit a year just to come back and be paid less than the new market dictates.

...Bad trade for anyone in a Leafs proposal, esspecially this one

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
the wings have six goalies under contract i think and four of them could possibly handle the #1 job. liv, howard, hasek, osgood. why would we want one more. and where should we put him. howard needs he's AHL games and will get them and hasek is our clear #1 right now. only place for him would be the press box. and why would we want antropov. emmerton and abdelkader is some of our best prospects to give them up for those guys. not even holland would be so stupid.

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 03:58 PM
JorgeRocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI20 View Post

To Det
Tellquist/Antropov

To Tor
Tellqvist is worth about as much as a bag of elephant dung to most teams in a trade.

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Talent Analyst

No way Det would do this .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote