HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Armstrong-week to week

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2003, 05:58 PM
guzmania

vCash: 500
Armstrong-week to week

TSN Link:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=60668

Broken finger on left hand.

Options?

No very good options are available. Adam Oates? Seems like we're just gonna have to suck it up one more time.

Old
11-15-2003, 06:12 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
If Armstrong can't play Wednesday, a very realistic scenario, Eric Belanger or Brad Chartrand probably would be the center on the No. 1 line.

What about using Cammalleri to fill in? Give him a chance with some offensive players.

Old
11-15-2003, 06:33 PM
LA's Ice Man

I was at the game today, I thought he had gotten hit in the mouth. I saw him get hit and even though he had gotten hurt, he still managed a slap shot , not a very good one. After the shot he dropped his stick and both gloves and skated to the bench holding his mouth. Anybody at the game see the same thing. This happend a few second before the game ended..

Old
11-15-2003, 06:36 PM
guzmania

Cammalleri is the guy who we will try, but I can only hope, without much of a conviction, that he can handle the NHL. Oates has a track record. Costs us nothing but his salary. Cammi will get the call, but I think we should have more.

Old
11-15-2003, 09:48 PM
LuckyLUC20

ATTN: Jozef Stumpel, get your butt back on the ice faster!!!!!!!

I hope Armstrong is a fast healer.

Old
11-16-2003, 07:48 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
Cammalleri is the guy who we will try, but I can only hope, without much of a conviction, that he can handle the NHL. Oates has a track record. Costs us nothing but his salary. Cammi will get the call, but I think we should have more.
Don't forget about Steve Kelly or even the long-shot of Yannik Lehoux. Although my money would be on Kelly. Cammalleri is having his moments in Manchester unfortunately some of those moments are him picking himself up off of the ice, getting shouldered off the puck, making blind passes to no one. Yes, he is scoring by knocking in rebounds, but is not a dominant center by any means.

Old
11-16-2003, 11:45 AM
BINGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Don't forget about Steve Kelly or even the long-shot of Yannik Lehoux. Although my money would be on Kelly. Cammalleri is having his moments in Manchester unfortunately some of those moments are him picking himself up off of the ice, getting shouldered off the puck, making blind passes to no one. Yes, he is scoring by knocking in rebounds, but is not a dominant center by any means.
I would have to agree with you KB, the squid has had his share of problems moving the puck through the neutral zone.

I also wondered why Steve Kelly is playing in Manchester. He is without a doubt their strongest skater right now. I think that he is better than Chartrand and Avery, and the way he is skating, he deserves a call up.

Hey KB, how about the officiating from Frenchy the other night? Do you think Flinn deserved teh match penalty? Looked like BS to me.

Old
11-16-2003, 01:26 PM
nuksforlife

Send a message via MSN to nuksforlife
i feel horrible for the kings, it sucks you have had all the injury problems but good job starting the season off pretty well!!!

Old
11-17-2003, 02:41 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGO
I would have to agree with you KB, the squid has had his share of problems moving the puck through the neutral zone.

I also wondered why Steve Kelly is playing in Manchester. He is without a doubt their strongest skater right now. I think that he is better than Chartrand and Avery, and the way he is skating, he deserves a call up.

Hey KB, how about the officiating from Frenchy the other night? Do you think Flinn deserved teh match penalty? Looked like BS to me.
The squid has had his moments both + and -. His goals are as much the result of the hard work of his line mates as anything. The Ferraro brothers line shut him down the other night. Didn't see anything amazing on the PP from squid. I think he needs some more time in Manchester to get his game and conditioning back.

It's funny about Kelly. He probably could play 3rd or 4th line on some NHL teams and is a good plug-in when called-up to the NHL. By keeping him in Manchester, the Kings have a good play maker that can give the younger players a chance to succeed. Also, I'm sure you have witnessed, Kelly WILL protect his linemates. Kelly was a first round draft choice that people think was a bust. Given his limited time in the NHL maybe he is a bust in that respect. But when you look at how he has stayed with it, toiling in the AHL with call-ups here and there, helping and protecting the younger players, I'm glad the Kings have him.

Francois St. Laurent should not be officiating Monarchs games. He has issued Match penalties to a Monarch player in every Monarchs game he has worked. It was apparent that he still harbors ill feelings towards the Monarchs for their appealing his call in Portland earlier this season. He tanked the game, and declared open season on Kelly. The mysterious Boarding call in the 1st against Kelly. I mean really, Kelly goes shoulder to shoulder with a guy 5-6 feet from the boards and because the guy falls into the boards, Kelly is whistled? Then in the third when the Hartford d-man literally tackled Kelly right in front of St. Laurent, no call. Well at least he didn't call Kelly for a DIVE!!!Flinn probably shouldn't have hit Scott with his glove on, but I don't think it deserved a 2-handed axe-chop to Flinns head!!!The Monarchs took a chance in skating Flinn on Sunday. If the AHL supports St. Laurent, additional suspensions/fines could be handed out and they have already backed St. Laurent for crap calls before. I think the Monarchs are on thin ice with this one because the penalty to Flinn was for for intent to injure. I don't know how the AHL will view Flinn punching an opponent in the face with his glove on. Basically if they determine that Flinn was attempting to injure, wouldn't that send a message that fighting in general is an attempt to injure and all those who fight should automatically be ejected? Scott had taken some wacks at Flinn all night, but wouldn't drop the gloves with him. 4-games to Steve Kelly for pushing a linesman that initiated the contact. How many to Scott? By the way, I think we can thank linesman Joe Ross for Scott getting the gate.

Old
11-17-2003, 04:16 AM
BINGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
The squid has had his moments both + and -. His goals are as much the result of the hard work of his line mates as anything. The Ferraro brothers line shut him down the other night. Didn't see anything amazing on the PP from squid. I think he needs some more time in Manchester to get his game and conditioning back.

It's funny about Kelly. He probably could play 3rd or 4th line on some NHL teams and is a good plug-in when called-up to the NHL. By keeping him in Manchester, the Kings have a good play maker that can give the younger players a chance to succeed. Also, I'm sure you have witnessed, Kelly WILL protect his linemates. Kelly was a first round draft choice that people think was a bust. Given his limited time in the NHL maybe he is a bust in that respect. But when you look at how he has stayed with it, toiling in the AHL with call-ups here and there, helping and protecting the younger players, I'm glad the Kings have him.

Francois St. Laurent should not be officiating Monarchs games. He has issued Match penalties to a Monarch player in every Monarchs game he has worked. It was apparent that he still harbors ill feelings towards the Monarchs for their appealing his call in Portland earlier this season. He tanked the game, and declared open season on Kelly. The mysterious Boarding call in the 1st against Kelly. I mean really, Kelly goes shoulder to shoulder with a guy 5-6 feet from the boards and because the guy falls into the boards, Kelly is whistled? Then in the third when the Hartford d-man literally tackled Kelly right in front of St. Laurent, no call. Well at least he didn't call Kelly for a DIVE!!!Flinn probably shouldn't have hit Scott with his glove on, but I don't think it deserved a 2-handed axe-chop to Flinns head!!!The Monarchs took a chance in skating Flinn on Sunday. If the AHL supports St. Laurent, additional suspensions/fines could be handed out and they have already backed St. Laurent for crap calls before. I think the Monarchs are on thin ice with this one because the penalty to Flinn was for for intent to injure. I don't know how the AHL will view Flinn punching an opponent in the face with his glove on. Basically if they determine that Flinn was attempting to injure, wouldn't that send a message that fighting in general is an attempt to injure and all those who fight should automatically be ejected? Scott had taken some wacks at Flinn all night, but wouldn't drop the gloves with him. 4-games to Steve Kelly for pushing a linesman that initiated the contact. How many to Scott? By the way, I think we can thank linesman Joe Ross for Scott getting the gate.

How many times have we seen the glove shot in both leagues? I hope that the AHL doesn't lay down the law on Flinn. The entire game Scott was backing down from Flinn. That "tomahawk chop" was brutal, if the game was televised, something would of happened by now.

I totally agree with the Kelly thing. He not only adds depth, but gives guidance and leadership to the young guys.

Old
11-18-2003, 05:58 PM
LuckyLUC20

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=61019

Army is out 6-8 weeks. This is just perfect. As if things couldn't get any worse.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:13 PM
punchy1

Mums the word then Lucky, be careful how you wish mate.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:32 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Mums the word then Lucky, be careful how you wish mate.
oops.

I hope the Hockey Gods don't read Message Boards. :p

Old
11-18-2003, 08:23 PM
jfont

Awards:
if the kings could overcome these injuries and still make the playoffs it will be a magnificent bit of coaching by andy murray. but teams will be targetting little ziggy palffy now...its best you put some enforcers on the team also for protection. i know the kings need more scorers but you only need to dress just one...