HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would Gainey give to get his hand on Jack Johnson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2006, 12:48 PM
  #1
Habs Monte Christo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
What would Gainey give to get his hand on Jack Johnson

Hey guys!

What do you think that we would have to give to get Jack Johnson??

He'll play with our 06 1st rnd pick this yr in Minnesota College.

picks? Prospects? pro players? or little of each?

Let me know

Habs Monte Christo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 12:51 PM
  #2
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Monte Christo View Post
Hey guys!

What do you think that we would have to give to get Jack Johnson??

He'll play with our 06 1st rnd pick this yr in Minnesota College.

picks? Prospects? pro players? or little of each?

Let me know
Good Veteran D-Man because Carolina needs one badly, a top prospect and a 1st round pick.

Therefore, something like...


Souray + Perezghogin/Kostsitsyn + 1st round pick.

Thats what it would take IMO.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 12:57 PM
  #3
Russeltown
Registered User
 
Russeltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
I guess Fischer will play with Erik Johnson, not Jack

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:00 PM
  #4
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
Chip, Latendresse and Price. Don't ask me how I know.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:00 PM
  #5
kostybros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Qc city
Country: Canada
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Monte Christo View Post
Hey guys!

What do you think that we would have to give to get Jack Johnson??

He'll play with our 06 1st rnd pick this yr in Minnesota College.

picks? Prospects? pro players? or little of each?

Let me know
jack johnson will play another in at the university of Michigan, it's eric johnson who will play in minessota.

they want an nhl ready defense for this year and they will ask for a lot. I think they would want komisarek or markov to be involved and gainey won't do that unless he thinks andrei will leave for ufa.

kostybros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:00 PM
  #6
Brett38
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 786
vCash: 500
Souray, Perrezhogin, -1st '07, 1st '08

for

J Johnson, 2nd '07, 2nd '08

Brett38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:02 PM
  #7
larue*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Chip, Latendresse and Price. Don't ask me how I know.
How you know doesnt matter.....that will never happen.

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:03 PM
  #8
Habs Monte Christo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
I guess Fischer will play with Erik Johnson, not Jack
Sorry...your right! I would still want Jack Johnson!

Habs Monte Christo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:06 PM
  #9
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Jack would be less expensive then Erik but not much!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:08 PM
  #10
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
How you know doesnt matter.....that will never happen.
You're just saying that.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:10 PM
  #11
larue*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
You're just saying that.
Well as for now I hope you are wrong. Too early to be talking about trading anyone of those three.

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:12 PM
  #12
Pat
Registered User
 
Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Chip, Latendresse and Price. Don't ask me how I know.
oh dear god no...never

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:16 PM
  #13
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
Well as for now I hope you are wrong. Too early to be talking about trading anyone of those three.
I was kidding around. It's safe to assume that if Gainey had the assets to get JJ, wanted him and found the asking price fair and if JJ was available it would be done.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:27 PM
  #14
Habsy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
You're left testicle... Oh and a #1 and Souray

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:27 PM
  #15
zednik20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Chip, Latendresse and Price. Don't ask me how I know.
Have you heard of Cam Ward ?....so you can take out Price....

zednik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:29 PM
  #16
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednik20 View Post
Have you heard of Cam Ward ?....so you can take out Price....
Done. Don't change the way you negociate.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 02:42 PM
  #17
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,460
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Chip, Latendresse and Price. Don't ask me how I know.
Two forwards and a goalie when the whole reason the 'Canes are even thinking about dealing Johnson is because they don't have any top d-men?

I won't ask how, just why

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 03:14 PM
  #18
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,072
vCash: 500
Ribeiro + Aebischer + 2rd pick ...



Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 03:23 PM
  #19
neopreneur
Registered User
 
neopreneur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Providenciales (PLS)
Posts: 1,799
vCash: 500
Gainey won't trade for JJ because we can't afford him right now.

Carolina wants at least a solid NHL-ready defender in return plus probably a good prospect and picks...

Our depth at D right now is bad. I'm sure Carolina would want one of these: Rivet/Souray/Komi/Markov

We are a team of the rise... trading for JJ would set us back and I think I speak for most us when I say I don't want anymore setbacks.. lets start contending.

neopreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 04:09 PM
  #20
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by porneau View Post
Gainey won't trade for JJ because we can't afford him right now.

Carolina wants at least a solid NHL-ready defender in return plus probably a good prospect and picks...

Our depth at D right now is bad. I'm sure Carolina would want one of these: Rivet/Souray/Komi/Markov

We are a team of the rise... trading for JJ would set us back and I think I speak for most us when I say I don't want anymore setbacks.. lets start contending.
trading Souray and a package for Johnson would not be a set back at all

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 04:13 PM
  #21
TSV
Registered User
 
TSV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Tahiti
Posts: 546
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TSV
markov and perez

TSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 04:29 PM
  #22
neopreneur
Registered User
 
neopreneur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Providenciales (PLS)
Posts: 1,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
trading Souray and a package for Johnson would not be a set back at all
How so?

neopreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 04:35 PM
  #23
habsfan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Good Veteran D-Man because Carolina needs one badly, a top prospect and a 1st round pick.

Therefore, something like...


Souray + Perezghogin/Kostsitsyn + 1st round pick.

Thats what it would take IMO.
how about nothing . this is a guy who could possibly spend the next three years in school , do we really need to tear our team apart to acquire him ? now if he was availabe for this year my offer would be rivet , a 2nd. next year and a 5th. in 08 . but if he was available this year he would be playing with the hurricanes instead of being dangled as trade bait .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 04:35 PM
  #24
catmanhabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
im curious...why is it we all talk about our prospects like theyre Gods, but then when we talk about other teams prospects, all of a sudden theyre even more valuiable then our own? like johnson...either of them, whove never even stepped onto an nhl ice yet, are worth like 4 guys? souray, perez and 2 first round picks? markov, kost, first round pick? man im glad alot of you guys arent our gm, wed be in big trouble! seriously though, i think we really undervalue our guys sometimes, no one is worth 4 picks and 2 prospects for one prospect. thats nuts. dont forget, carolina needs a d man now. thats called necessity, they dont hold the cards, the other teams do. johnson is still in college, hes not worth much more than a carey price, or someone like that imo. he could be had for souray and a pick...maybe 2nd round or third. anything more than that would be too much imo. of course im no gm either so what do i know lol

catmanhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 04:37 PM
  #25
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by porneau View Post
How so?
because he can do close to what Souray brings to the table right now. I woudn't mind having a weaker D for a year if it means having a better one the next 15....

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.