Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A.J. Thelen

Old
09-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Hemsky01

vCash: 500
A.J. Thelen

Anybody know if the wild are going to keep Thelen around (Wild or AHL) or send him back to junior?? I see a lot of PA Raider games (Thelen's junior team) and would really like to see him back there this year. Would really appreciate the info.

Hemsky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 02:51 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
I'ld have him play in the AHL, but i think they'll send him back to the Raiders.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 03:21 PM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky01 View Post
Anybody know if the wild are going to keep Thelen around (Wild or AHL) or send him back to junior?? I see a lot of PA Raider games (Thelen's junior team) and would really like to see him back there this year. Would really appreciate the info.
He'll be in the AHL. He signed a tryout contract this spring, played in the playoffs for Houston last year. Apparently, he didn't do too badly.

The Big E

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 04:14 PM
nuckfan insk

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E View Post
He'll be in the AHL. He signed a tryout contract this spring, played in the playoffs for Houston last year. Apparently, he didn't do too badly.

The Big E
and how much did he play ??? one game ??? and got all of what 1 or 2 shifts ? and it was a reg season game.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...3?pid=00078353
minny still hasnt offered him a contract. and apparantly has told the raiders that if he doesnt crack the wild he will be sent back to the whl

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 11:26 AM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannoabram View Post
and how much did he play ??? one game ??? and got all of what 1 or 2 shifts ? and it was a reg season game.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...3?pid=00078353
minny still hasnt offered him a contract. and apparantly has told the raiders that if he doesnt crack the wild he will be sent back to the whl
That'd suck for him. I think that the Wild are still pretty high on him. I'm still pretty confident he'll be on the Aeros. Obviously, we'll see in a few days when the first cuts are made.

The Big E

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Hemsky01

Thanks for all the info. From when I have seen Thelen play (approx. 20 times live), he doesn't look nearly ready for the AHL. He didn't dominate the WHL and actually was quite up and down last year. Saying that, he can skate, pass, and has a great shot so the raw tools are there. I just think his decision making would develop much better in the WHL than the AHL because he would be blown away by the AHL. Just my opinion. I would appreciate as soon as you hear something if you would update the thread. Thanks in advance.

Old
09-20-2006, 06:36 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

I am friends of the thelen family, and apparently AJ's been told he's goin back to PA...

after spending all that dough in the offseason, signing AJ would leave minnesota with very little wiggle room with the cap...

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Hemsky01

Great to hear the AJ will be coming back to Prince Albert. I think he can turn into a dominant defenseman in the WHL. Anybody know when the wild would be thinking of sending him down. The Raiders play their first regular season game Friday and their home opener on Saturday. (which I will be attending )

Old
09-21-2006, 02:52 PM
nuckfan insk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
I am friends of the thelen family, and apparently AJ's been told he's goin back to PA...

after spending all that dough in the offseason, signing AJ would leave minnesota with very little wiggle room with the cap...
great to hear. the season starts tommorrow for the raiders he probably wont be back till after the wekend though eh ?

Old
09-21-2006, 09:28 PM
WILDTATE10

vCash: 50
i saw on a diffrent Minnesota Wild board that he got sent to houston.

WILDTATE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 10:47 PM
ceber

http://www.wild.com/team/Press.asp?story_id=4901

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 11:32 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

*eats his words*

you know, it might be a struggle for him to even make houston

But if he signs, doesnt he get paid houston money if he plays in houston, but big money if he's up with the big club?

Old
09-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Hemsky01

So now that Thelen has been sent to Houston, does it mean he cannot be sent back to PA (Junior)?? If he doesn't make Housten, he would then go to the ECHL?? I can see that the Wild have a 1st rnd pick invested in him and want to try to develop him themselves but I just think getting 25 minutes a night and being a dominant defenseman while getting ES, PK, and PP icetime in PA would have been better for his development . Oh well, maybe that is just my selfish heart wanting to see him in PA for one more year

Old
09-22-2006, 04:36 PM
nuckfan insk

Quote:
So now that Thelen has been sent to Houston, does it mean he cannot be sent back to PA (Junior)?? If he doesn't make Housten, he would then go to the ECHL?? I can see that the Wild have a 1st rnd pick invested in him and want to try to develop him themselves but I just think getting 25 minutes a night and being a dominant defenseman while getting ES, PK, and PP icetime in PA would have been better for his development . Oh well, maybe that is just my selfish heart wanting to see him in PA for one more year
exactly and with clayton stoner, shawn belle, curtis murphy, paul albers, ryan stokes, there is probably a lot more ice for him in Prince Albert. and a chance to be a leader as well. in houston he would not be a go to guy, and would eat up a year of rfa status, while in pa he would not eat up his ufa status
also he can still be sent to junior

Old
09-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Hemsky01

Quote:
exactly and with clayton stoner, shawn belle, curtis murphy, paul albers, ryan stokes, there is probably a lot more ice for him in Prince Albert. and a chance to be a leader as well. in houston he would not be a go to guy, and would eat up a year of rfa status, while in pa he would not eat up his ufa status
also he can still be sent to junior
Are you sure about the last part? Can he only play so many games at the pro level (NHL,AHL, ECHL) before he cannot be sent back again? Totally agree with you on icetime and chance to develop his game in Prince Albert being much better.

Old
09-25-2006, 05:31 AM
nuckfan insk

Quote:
Are you sure about the last part? Can he only play so many games at the pro level (NHL,AHL, ECHL) before he cannot be sent back again? Totally agree with you on icetime and chance to develop his game in Prince Albert being much better.
yes im sure he can still be sent down. thelen still does not have a pro contract yet

Old
09-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Hemsky01

I talked to Don Clarke (GM of the Raiders) on Saturday and Thelen can definitely be sent down but they expect a decision within the next 2 - 3 weeks. (Won't drag on very long) I would be interested in hearing from the poster who knows Thelen's family if they have any inside info on the situation.

Old
09-26-2006, 12:44 AM
nuckfan insk

Quote:
I talked to Don Clarke (GM of the Raiders) on Saturday and Thelen can definitely be sent down but they expect a decision within the next 2 - 3 weeks. (Won't drag on very long) I would be interested in hearing from the poster who knows Thelen's family if they have any inside info on the situation.
don clarke is a moron. but that is another story, and yeah he is a moron. an arrogant one too. i hope to see thelen back

Old
09-26-2006, 03:41 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
At what point will Thelen be considered stalled. Playing two years NCAA and now maybe two years junior. Is four years of amateur hockey really the best thing for a guy that was hopefully going to be our PP QB and play big minutes. I still think he has a lot of potential. But he could be entering his second season in a legue he could have played in at 16 years of age. If he still has things to prove in the CHL. I will have to lower my expectations for him.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Hemsky01

Quote:
don clarke is a moron. but that is another story, and yeah he is a moron. an arrogant one too. i hope to see thelen back
I'd love to hear about the Don Clarke is a moron; PM me sometime if you want. Other than some crazy hockey decisions, I have spoken to him a number of times (as I frequently go to Raiders games) and he seemed nice enough. By the way, what did you think of the home opener? Pretty sweet game other than the loss.

Old
09-27-2006, 05:49 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
next time I run into his dad I'll let yall know

Old
10-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Westbeach55

the aeros just played there first game and thelan was on the bench hemsky are you originally from prince albert

Westbeach55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Sabes

Thelen back to P.A

http://www.raiderhockey.com/thelenreturns.htm

Sabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 02:11 PM
HoustonHockeyNut

The Aeros are pretty deep on the blueline this year. I was wondering if Thelen would make the team. Hope he has a good season in juniors!

HoustonHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Hemsky01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westbeach55 View Post
the aeros just played there first game and thelan was on the bench hemsky are you originally from prince albert
Nope, just moved to SK for University and now live about 1/2 hour outside.