Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

OHL Livestream

Old
09-22-2006, 09:56 PM
JacksonGalaxy

vCash: 500
OHL Livestream

Anyone have this? I'm considering getting this but I have a few questions. I live close to an OHL market (Plymouth) but I'm unfortunately just out of range of the few local TV broadcasts and the radio doesn't come in too well. So when I don't go to the games I'm limited to the internet radiocast which doesn't always like to work.. so I'm interested in this, obviously for more than just my own team though.

From the few people I've asked last season it was pretty unreliable. Quality not always great, some games are just randomly not shown.. Wondering if it's more of the same this year though. I saw today they had four or five games that just said "Game not available, webcast problems originate at venue." I'm not sure if that message was just because the game's were already over or if they have these problems a lot.. I did see they have two games from yesterday already archived though, which I feel is a really nice feature.

I know someone who has the WHL package and likes it, I guess the quality's always good and it's pretty reliable. If anyone who has it or had it has any opinions they'd be appreciated.

JacksonGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 10:21 PM
STS44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebda View Post
Anyone have this? I'm considering getting this but I have a few questions. I live close to an OHL market (Plymouth) but I'm unfortunately just out of range of the few local TV broadcasts and the radio doesn't come in too well. So when I don't go to the games I'm limited to the internet radiocast which doesn't always like to work.. so I'm interested in this, obviously for more than just my own team though.

From the few people I've asked last season it was pretty unreliable. Quality not always great, some games are just randomly not shown.. Wondering if it's more of the same this year though. I saw today they had four or five games that just said "Game not available, webcast problems originate at venue." I'm not sure if that message was just because the game's were already over or if they have these problems a lot.. I did see they have two games from yesterday already archived though, which I feel is a really nice feature.

I know someone who has the WHL package and likes it, I guess the quality's always good and it's pretty reliable. If anyone who has it or had it has any opinions they'd be appreciated.

This is a pretty good product. Games not being webcast seem to be from some of the older venues that aren't up to speed technology wise. Archives are an incredible feature and I love it .... I am a big WHL fan but I live in the Eastern US - archives make it possible to catch Red Deer, Brandon, Swift Current, Prince Albert, Spokane and Prince George games. I'll watch the OHL game live - big Knights fan -
then catch a game or two from the WHL the following day on the archive. If you use it a lot the season package is a great deal. The WHL webcasts do seem to be a lot more reliable than the OHL for some reason. Give it a try and hopefully you'll like it as much as I have.

STS44 is offline   Reply With Quote