HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Prospect Tracker 2006-2007

Old
10-09-2006, 02:55 PM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhaa View Post
He is here to make it in the NHL, not AHL. I just hope he is given a proper chance, otherwise he will be gone back to Europe next year. He did really well in Finland, being one of the best players in the league. I think he is a little above the AHL level, but has to bump out an NHL regular to get a spot on Florida roster.
Of course he wants to be in the NHL. But you don't just come straight over and hop onto an NHL team. He might have to put in a couple years in the AHL before he can be a regular. That's how it works. Many of these Euros bolt back to Europe after 1 or 2 AHL seasons. Sometimes it takes 3 years or so before you make it. Some just don't seem to realize it.

Last edited by Acadmus: 12-15-2006 at 12:16 PM. Reason: removing gratuitous nastiness
sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 03:03 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Well thank you for stating the obvious. Of course he wants to be in the NHL. But you don't just come straight over and hop onto an NHL team. He might have to put in a couple years in the AHL before he can be a regular. That's how it works. Many of these Euros bolt back to Europe after 1 or 2 AHL seasons. Sometimes it takes 3 years or so before you make it. Some just don't seem to realize it.
I agree, although i'd be suprised if he after this season, he can't crack the NHL, that he'd stay in North America. Unless he is really commited, which we don't know. Of course there is the chance that he makes the Panthers this year if he continues to play well in the AHL.

Oh, i noticed Stewart didn't get any points in the Amerks second game either. Did he play well, show of his skill or did he just float around the ice like he can often do?

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Crossbar

Rochester wins it in the shootout, 2-1 final.

Anderson - 1 GA, 64:58 MINS, 31 SH, 30 SVS, (stopped 5 of 6 in SO) 1st Star
Booth - 1g-0a-1pt, plus-1, 3 SOG, 0 PIM, 3rd Star
MacDonald - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 0 SOG, 0 PIM (goal in SO)
Kreps - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 1 SOG, 0 PIM (no goal in SO)
Sprukts - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 2 SOG, 2 PIM (no goal in SO)
Stewart - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 1 SOG, 0 PIM
Larman - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 2 SOG, 0 PIM
Globke - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 2 SOG, 0 PIM
Semenov - 0g-0a-0pts, plus-1, 1 SOG, 2 PIM

Everblades drop preseason opener vs. the Wildcatters 4-2
Shantz - 1 GA, 29:54 MINS, 20 SH, 19 SVS, 2nd Star
Swanson - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 0 SOG, 4 PIM
Johner - 0g-0a-0pts, minus-1, 1 SOG, 2 PIM
Tuma - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 0 SOG, 2 PIM

Plante - 4 GA, 74:01 MINS, 31 SH, 27 SVS, 0 PIM (5-4 loss vs. Regina) stopped 1 of 3 in SO
Collins - 0g-0a-0pts, minus-1, 2 PIM (3-2 loss vs. Erie)
Caruso - 1g-1a-2pts, plus-2, 0 PIM (6-2 win vs. Kingston) GWG
Travis - 1g-1a-2pts, even-0, 2 SOG, 0 PIM (3-1 win vs. Robert Morris) GWG, 3rd Star
Duffy - 1g-0a-1pts, even-0, 1 SOG, 4 PIM (7-1 win vs. Bemidji State)

Crossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 07:44 PM
sabrefan27

Stewart and Kreps healthy scratched tonight. They have combined for 0 points in 6 games. Stewart has been decent, but Kreps has been completely invisible.

Old
10-15-2006, 12:14 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Stewart and Kreps healthy scratched tonight. They have combined for 0 points in 6 games. Stewart has been decent, but Kreps has been completely invisible.
Oh great, yet another success involving the panthers and the Amerks. Why do we even bother sending prospects there? So Stewart, Meyer and Kreps aren't playing.

Old
10-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Oh great, yet another success involving the panthers and the Amerks. Why do we even bother sending prospects there? So Stewart, Meyer and Kreps aren't playing.
With Stewart, it was probably a message to try harder - let's hope he gets it.

10-15-2006, 12:58 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughExcuses View Post
With Stewart, it was probably a message to try harder - let's hope he gets it.
I remember a couple of years ago, we all thought we had an amazing 2003 draft. Stewart, Meyer, Kreps, Roussin and Horton were all looking great and some others we had hopes for. Now, Stewart has really not progressed, Meyer and Kreps seemingly can't crack a middle of the road AHL team, Roussin just plain sucks and Horton is the only one who seems to have done well, and even he isn't progressing as fast as we'd hope.

I was broswing hockeysfuture and had a look at all of our prospects not ranked. Man do we suck at drafting. I've noticed we don't pick europeans much in the later rounds (I mean second round and on) and when we do none of them turn into anything, maybe with the exception of Sprukts. We seem to draft overages late on, like Peter Aston for example. What the hell was that? I know most late round picks never develop into anything, but my god i can't recall one late pick apart from Roussin ever catching the eye.

LaPoint had two assists in the USHL last night. 3 Points in two games.

Last edited by J17 Vs Proclamation: 10-15-2006 at 01:06 PM.
Old
10-15-2006, 01:07 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Who's fault is that? Florida's. They want the dual, then deal with this. Same thing with Buffalo. Don't complain when your players don't play, it's no ones fault but your own. And Meyer did play, anyway.

Old
10-16-2006, 12:53 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Some updates on our prospects.

Plante was involved in a 6-2 win against the Prince Albert Raiders. He stopped 32 out of 34 shots to record win. He seems to be going well this year.
Calla registered 3 points including a goal in a rout against the Chilliwack Bruins which ended up 8-0. He finally managed to get some offense going, and as a prospect that is the main question against him, does he have the offense for the pro's.

McArdle recorded a point and an assist verus the Regina Pats, he now has 10 points from 8 games. He hadn't tallied a point in his previous couple of games.

Collins hasn't tallied a point in his last 4 games, and now has 7 from 9 games.
Caruso has 8 points from 11 games, which is very good considering he was supposed to be a defensive Dman. It's been awhile since we have a D man prospect score some fair points in any league.

Some good news on Frolik, it appears he has played two games recently. Im guessing he didn't record any points in the first, but he scored two points (1 goal and 1 assist) in a 6-4 loss for Rimouski. 6 points in 4 games, but i'd expect his PPG to rise, only 4 games into NA and has had an injury.

Screw it, i can't be bothered to do any more research for now.

Old
10-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Chuck Schwartz

LaPonint had a goal and an assist last night but was -2.

So far on the season he has 2 goals and 3 assists in 3 games and is a +3.

Chuck Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
You're not serious are you?
In all fairness, +/- is not as accurate a stat for a defenseman as the differential of takeaways vs. giveaways is, but it isn't meaningless either. Unfortunately there is no official tracking at lower levels of play for the full array of defensive stats. If you could always see the +/-, takeaways, hits, blocked shots, etc., you'd have a better idea of how important and talented your defensive prospects are. You'd also want eyewitness accounts of whether he goes to battle in defensive corners, and whether he usually wins those battles, and whether he's physical in front of his net, positionally sound defending the blueline, etc. Being on the ice when a goal is scored for your team doesn't mean you helped it much, and being on the ice when a goal is scored against your team can indicate a defense partner who isn't very talented as much as it could indicate your own defensive abilities. So Lauser's about 75% right in discounting the +5 rating Lapoint had, though given the 3 points he's still accounting for some of the +, while one can only surmise the opposition isn't finding him easy to beat in order to bolster the - side of the equation.

Really we'd need someone watching the games to know anything about his play - so anyone with time can start a thread on the USHL boards and see if anyone's attending a good portion of that team's games.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 01:54 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
LaPonint had a goal and an assist last night but was -2.

So far on the season he has 2 goals and 3 assists in 3 games and is a +3.
You've given him a new name.

Awesome, isn't a PPG in the USHL considered to be very good, especially for a defenseman? Have you seen any of his play to date?

Old
10-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Chuck Schwartz

Quote:
You've given him a new name.

Awesome, isn't a PPG in the USHL considered to be very good, especially for a defenseman? Have you seen any of his play to date?
I've either played with, watched, or coached him for the last 5 or 6 years. I don't need to watch him to know what he's doing in the USHL right now. Although a scout I talked to who keep in mind is a big hater of LaPoint told me that he felt in watching all of the Buc Bowl games that LaPoint was the second best defenseman in the USHL this season behind Michigan State recruit Jeff Petry. He said LaPoint will do well at North Dakota and will play in the show. Take it for what its worth i guess...

Old
10-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Chuck Schwartz

LaPoint named USHL Defensive player of the week

http://hockey-thoughts.blogspot.com/

Old
10-18-2006, 11:51 AM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
I'm not that big hater of LaPoint am I? I went to the Buc-Bowl and scouted everyone for mckeenshockey.com as usual.

Here are the notes I took on LaPoint - whom is making me look like a genius for having me in my top 40 this past summer.

I agree with the scout Schwarz talked to compeltely, LaPoint is arguably the best defenseman in the league right now, and if he's second, it's only to Jeff Petry of Des Moines. I have no doubt he'll be a stud with North Dakota very shortly and I have little hesitation saying he can play in the NHL down the road.

Great pick by the Panthers.

Anywho here are the notes.

Derrick LaPoint
" Made a seamless transition to the USHL and is already one of the top defenseman in the league. Looks like he added an inch and about ten pounds over the off-season, although he still neglects to use that size and is not' a physical player. Swift skater for a big man despite wasted upper body movement, light on his feet, pivots smoothly, can skate with is man off the rush while maintaining a tight gap, can close that gap on the puck carrier in a hurry with his exceptional lateral bursts. Possesses above average foot speed, and has a strong stride, possesses good speed both forwards and backwards. Deceptive change of gears through the neutral zone makes him a threat to carry it up the ice on his own. Instinctive puck mover, makes quick crisp passes that he can stretch the ice with precision, creative from the point and can quarterback the power play. Does not panic in the face of pressure and delivers an accurate outlet pass to keep his man in stride.

Possesses a strong shooting arsenal, gets the shot off in a heart beat, shots get to the net quickly and accurately, he often shoots low looking for tips and rebounds instead of scoring himself. Impressive hands, carries the puck with composure, can cradle passes and zone clearing attempts easily. Communicates well, could be a captain some day, directs his teammates, and supports the puck carrier well. While he is not physical, he is a heads up defenseman, maintains proper one on one positioning, and anticipates the play well, can skate with his man, uses his long reach to be disrupt passing lanes, blocks shots exceptionally well. Played a 2-1 perfectly, taking the pass away before blocking the shot with his long reach. Passing the test of the higher level, and could be an astute selection by the Panthers. "

www.mckeenshockey.com

X-SHARKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Chuck Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-SHARKIE View Post
I'm not that big hater of LaPoint am I? I went to the Buc-Bowl and scouted everyone for mckeenshockey.com as usual.

I actualy wasn't refering to you. I was refering to another guy I know who actualy has a kid in the USHL too. But thats a great assesment.

Last edited by Acadmus: 12-15-2006 at 12:21 PM. Reason: brevity - shortened the quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:42 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Quote:
I actualy wasn't refering to you. I was refering to another guy I know who actualy has a kid in the USHL too. But thats a great assesment.
Oh cool, I was just teasing....do me a favor and keep me updated on the Jambore if you can make it as i'm still seeing what I can do.

If it was on the 10th and 11th, I would be money to go, but it's going to be tough on a Monday and Tuesday.

X-SHARKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I'm liking what I have been reading about LaPoint. The kid looks like he will be a real good pick for the Panthers. Lets just hope they give it time and develop him correctly.

Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming!

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I'm liking what I have been reading about LaPoint. The kid looks like he will be a real good pick for the Panthers. Lets just hope they give it time and develop him correctly.

Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming!
I don't know - sounds a little like Mike Wilson. Let's hope he learns to throw his weight around a bit more.

Old
10-19-2006, 12:04 AM
David

How is Anthony Stewart doing?

Any hope for a recall any time soon?

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Acadmus

Well, I know for one game earlier this week he was supposed to be a healthy scratch.

EDIT: This thread was merged, so I deleted a comment about where to ask the question.

Last edited by Acadmus: 10-20-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old
10-20-2006, 07:31 PM
hockeywinger

Dan Collins had 1 goal and 1 assist Thursday night and now has 9 points in to 10 games

hockeywinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Crossbar

Rochester wins again, defeating the Peoria Rivermen 3-1

Anderson - 1 GA, 60:00 MINS, 51 SH, 50 SVS, 2 PIM; 1st Star
Larman - 2g-0a-2pts, plus-2, 2 SOG, 4 PIM; SHG, GWG, 2nd Star
Booth - 0g-2a-2pts, plus-1, 4 SOG, 0 PIM; 3rd Star
Lojek - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 0 SOG, 2 PIM
Meyer - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 1 SOG, 0 PIM
Vallin - 0g-1a-1pt, even-0, 0 SOG, 0 PIM
Jacina - 0g-0a-0pts, minus-1, 1 SOG, 0 PIM
Kreps - 0g-0a-0pts, minus-1, 0 SOG, 0 PIM

Everblades lose season opener 5-2
Tuma - 0g-0a-0pts, plus-1, 0 SOG, 2 PIM
Johner - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 2 SOG, 2 PIM
Brine - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 3 SOG, 0 PIM
Damon - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 3 SOG, 0 PIM
Swanson - 0g-0a-0pts, minus-1, 0 SOG, 2 PIM
Shantz - Did not play

Frolik - 0g-0a-0pts, minus-1, 4 SOG, 2 PIM (2-1 loss vs. Chicoutimi)
Collins - 0g-1a-1pt, even-0, 0 PIM (6-3 win vs. Brampton)
Caruso - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 6 PIM (4-1 win vs. Mississauga)
Plante - 5 GA, 60:00 MINS, 35 SH, 30 SVS, 0 PIM (9-5 win vs. Lethbridge)
McArdle - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 6 PIM (6-1 loss vs. Calgary)
Dillon - 0g-1a-1pt, even-0, 1 SOG, 0 PIM (2-1 win vs. UMass Lowell)
Travis - 0g-0a-0pts, plus-1, 2 SOG, 4 PIM (10-1 win vs. Carleton)
Beaverson - 0g-0a-0pts, plus-1, 1 SOG, 0 PIM (6-5 win vs. Alaska)
Bearson - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 0 SOG, 0 PIM (2-2 tie vs. Minnesota Duluth)
Duffy - 0g-0a-0pts, plus-1, 0 SOG, 0 PIM (6-2 win vs. North Dakota)

Crossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:54 AM
Chuck Schwartz

LaPoint with an assist for 2 goals and 4 assists, 6 points in 4 games.

Old
10-22-2006, 04:22 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvechKiN* View Post
Does anyone have a Michael Frolik update?
Thanks
Scored a goal and 2 assists tonight for rimouski in a 7-5 win. He's played I think in 5 games and has something like 8 points I think? He also played center tonight and won 10 of 16 faceoffs which I think was best on his team.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote