HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers Prospect Tracker 2006-2007

Old
06-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Acadmus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy View Post
yup...think happy thoughts everybody
Someone get a fax machine on reserve...just in case...

06-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Heimy

Maybe they just don't want to pay first round money for a guy that projects to be a bottom 6 player.

Heimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Well then Martin better show his GMing acumen this afternoon. This seems to be step one in his tenure. I think that McArdle can be a definite future piece on this team, and I hope that Jacky doesn't drop the ball today.

With that being said, if a signing isn't announced by today, all is not lost. From what I understand, it takes a few days for the news to be released to the press.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Interesting tidbit: After doing a quick google news search for all things McArdle, has anyone heard that Medicine Hat forward Derek Dorsett bit McArdle's finger during the Memorial Cup final.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Interesting tidbit: After doing a quick google news search for all things McArdle, has anyone heard that Medicine Hat forward Derek Dorsett bit McArdle's finger during the Memorial Cup final.
BIT?!? What a wuss!

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 03:38 PM
PanthersFanatic12

As reported in the Mcardle thread , he was signed today per Team 1040. I wonder if Plante signed ? He prolly did if he was invited to camp sutter. News Prolly hasnt leaked out yet.

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 04:39 PM
GudVibransons

Anyone know what Drew Bagnall's status is? Has he signed and if not, what's the deadline?

GudVibransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 07:52 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagman-O-War View Post
Anyone know what Drew Bagnall's status is? Has he signed and if not, what's the deadline?
Don't think he's signed yet but I can't remember. I'm sure we'll sign him given our lack of prospect depth on defense. THe deadline for college players is sometime in August. I'm not sure if it's August 1st but I know it's later in the summer.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 12:57 AM
GudVibransons

Cool, I didn't know when the college deadline was. Who knows, he has a chance of becoming the first Hobey Baker winner to play for the Panthers.

GudVibransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 01:00 AM
Alter Haudegen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Depends on who you ask. Giants fan will tell you that he bit him, Tigers fan will say that McArdle shoved his hand down his throat (to check his tonsils ). The fact that the league suspended Dorsett only for one (mandatory) game (he got a match penalty -> automatic one game suspension) but didn't add further punishment shows that it wasn't that serious.

Last edited by Alter Haudegen: 06-02-2007 at 04:58 AM.
Alter Haudegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 11:11 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagman-O-War View Post
Cool, I didn't know when the college deadline was. Who knows, he has a chance of becoming the first Hobey Baker winner to play for the Panthers.
Hobey Baker Finalist*, he didn't win it IIRC. Still though, nice accomplishment nonetheless.

Old
06-09-2007, 03:51 PM
PanthersRule96

So I was watching some videos of the prospects for this draft. I really like Mayorov, he's got size and speed and that's a great combination in the draft. Esposito looked good too with his skills in some video I saw but I see the knocks in his game. Lars Eller.....ehhhhh, I was hoping to be more impressed, I felt like I was watchign myself because I play the identical style to him from the video I saw but he looks pretty skilled I guess, I'm not crazy on us going after him. Backlund looked not too bad, he looks solid out on the ice, not big, not super fast, but a creative player who can set plays up. The Russian Korostin also looked good in some video, quick, flashy etc.. but generally the Russians are more eye-catchy on the ice in their style.

I saw from the main board some videos of Lapoint, Calla, Caruso, and Frolik. I love this video of Frolik here against Team USA. Even though he's not doing too much in terms of getting great chances or whatever, he's playing the body and I can definitely see the Elias comparisons although he's lankier than Elias. He reminds me of a mix between Havlat and Elias from everything I've seen thus far and I'll take that. They weren't lying, Calla has UNREAL speed, the kid can flat out fly. He'll be Campbell's replacement some day probably. His speed alone shoudl alow him to do some things on offense.

http://mfile.akamai.com/16532/wmv/nh...Frolik_700.asx

Old
06-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
So I was watching some videos of the prospects for this draft. I really like Mayorov, he's got size and speed and that's a great combination in the draft. Esposito looked good too with his skills in some video I saw but I see the knocks in his game. Lars Eller.....ehhhhh, I was hoping to be more impressed, I felt like I was watchign myself because I play the identical style to him from the video I saw but he looks pretty skilled I guess, I'm not crazy on us going after him. Backlund looked not too bad, he looks solid out on the ice, not big, not super fast, but a creative player who can set plays up. The Russian Korostin also looked good in some video, quick, flashy etc.. but generally the Russians are more eye-catchy on the ice in their style.

I saw from the main board some videos of Lapoint, Calla, Caruso, and Frolik. I love this video of Frolik here against Team USA. Even though he's not doing too much in terms of getting great chances or whatever, he's playing the body and I can definitely see the Elias comparisons although he's lankier than Elias. He reminds me of a mix between Havlat and Elias from everything I've seen thus far and I'll take that. They weren't lying, Calla has UNREAL speed, the kid can flat out fly. He'll be Campbell's replacement some day probably. His speed alone shoudl alow him to do some things on offense.

http://mfile.akamai.com/16532/wmv/nh...Frolik_700.asx
I saw the same videos....Yeah I like Mayorov's skating, but I could see how a lot of people think he could bust too though. But he definitely has the potential to be a high scoring top 6 guy. I don't know if we should take a chance on him. I guess we'll see. I came away very unimpressed with Lars Eller also. Of course, it's hard to judge a player based on a short video clip. From what I saw though, it's possible he doesn't turn into a top 6 forward, but a mere third liner. I liked what I saw from Backlund. Looks like he has good sense and the reputation of his shot lived up to expectations. He's gritty and I liked his speed bursts with the puck. Lot of potential there. I liked what I saw from Korostin as well. Kind of small and maybe not the greatest speed, but creative. I'm hoping we can pick him up in the second round, but he may not last that long. I loved what I saw from Ryan McDonagh. He might not turn into a top pairing defenseman, but this kid is rock solid from top to bottom. I can definitely see the Chris Phillips comparisons, plus he may be a little grittier. He also reminded me of Keith Carney of a few years ago, when he was ultra-solid and hardly ever made mistakes. I was disappointed with Pacioretty. I've heard comparisons to Rick Nash a lot lately on these boards and I don't see that at all. Big guy, average skater, will go to the front of the net, but is very unpolished. Needs a lot of work if he is to become a top six forward.

That was a nice video of Frolik. I was impressed with how physical and solid on his skates he was.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 04:25 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
I saw the same videos....Yeah I like Mayorov's skating, but I could see how a lot of people think he could bust too though. But he definitely has the potential to be a high scoring top 6 guy. I don't know if we should take a chance on him. I guess we'll see. I came away very unimpressed with Lars Eller also. Of course, it's hard to judge a player based on a short video clip. From what I saw though, it's possible he doesn't turn into a top 6 forward, but a mere third liner. I liked what I saw from Backlund. Looks like he has good sense and the reputation of his shot lived up to expectations. He's gritty and I liked his speed bursts with the puck. Lot of potential there. I liked what I saw from Korostin as well. Kind of small and maybe not the greatest speed, but creative. I'm hoping we can pick him up in the second round, but he may not last that long. I loved what I saw from Ryan McDonagh. He might not turn into a top pairing defenseman, but this kid is rock solid from top to bottom. I can definitely see the Chris Phillips comparisons, plus he may be a little grittier. He also reminded me of Keith Carney of a few years ago, when he was ultra-solid and hardly ever made mistakes. I was disappointed with Pacioretty. I've heard comparisons to Rick Nash a lot lately on these boards and I don't see that at all. Big guy, average skater, will go to the front of the net, but is very unpolished. Needs a lot of work if he is to become a top six forward.

That was a nice video of Frolik. I was impressed with how physical and solid on his skates he was.

Yeah he was so solid, wrecking people and the one guy ran him and the guy fell down lol.

I know it's hard to tell a lot from those clips but I've seen more video of Esposito and Backlund than of Eller and Mayorov. WHen I was watching it I was really trying to look at the skating strides, and the way the players woudl read the play and react with teh puck. Mayorov like I said I liked the most, Eller.....probably the least. All the guys have stickhandling and a solid shot and everything, it's the intelligence and speed and ability to react that is what's key to translating to the NHL, and the quicker you can move and react, the quicker you are as a player and the better chance there is IMO to becoming a successful NHL player.

Old
06-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Yeah he was so solid, wrecking people and the one guy ran him and the guy fell down lol.

I know it's hard to tell a lot from those clips but I've seen more video of Esposito and Backlund than of Eller and Mayorov. WHen I was watching it I was really trying to look at the skating strides, and the way the players woudl read the play and react with teh puck. Mayorov like I said I liked the most, Eller.....probably the least. All the guys have stickhandling and a solid shot and everything, it's the intelligence and speed and ability to react that is what's key to translating to the NHL, and the quicker you can move and react, the quicker you are as a player and the better chance there is IMO to becoming a successful NHL player.
I understand, and I agree with your assessments on Mayorov and Eller. Eller doesn't seem that offensively gifted, isn't as heady as I expected, and made some poor decisions. Mayorov no doubt has talent and speed, but IMO if he can't put the tools together to be a top 6 forward, he doesn't have it in him to be able to play a 3rd or 4th line role. It's boom or bust for him, and that's what I've heard a lot as well. But what I'm also saying is that it's a 2 minute video clip. We could be completely wrong. I'm so looking forward to draft day, actually draft weekend I guess, not just for our own picks but to see where everyone ends up. This is such a crazy draft, I don't remember anything like it.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote