HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Starter tonite? Nov. 18

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 08:20 AM
knowitall

vCash: 500
Starter tonite? Nov. 18

Is Salo starting tonite? Is he back from injury? Or is Conklin going again and whats the scoop for Salo's return?

Old
11-18-2003, 08:28 AM
mrhockey123

who cares
JK
alls I wanna know is when we get to see Mr.Oates......oh man im just drooling, i guess my expectations are high but OMG this is the sweetest thing to happen to this hockey team in 10+ years

Old
11-18-2003, 08:28 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowitall
Is Salo starting tonite? Is he back from injury? Or is Conklin going again and whats the scoop for Salo's return?
I have heard nothing of Salo's return, which would leave me to believe that he is not back yet. This would make me guess that Conklin will be getting the nod; but who knows, MacT has done stranger things; maybe it's time for Valiquette to get a start.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:31 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

They'll be riding on Conklin until Salo returns from his injury. In today's journal, MacT said that if Conks is up to it, he'll make 7 starts in a row up till the Heritage Classic.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:46 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
In today's journal, MacT said that if Conks is up to it, he'll make 7 starts in a row up till the Heritage Classic.
While our upcoming schedule is fairly easy for the next 4 games or so, I think it would be a mistake to ride Conks that hard.. I'm still waiting for a definitive description of Salo's injury and a timeline on his return. Doesn't it seem odd that we still haven't really heard anything?

Old
11-18-2003, 09:21 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
While our upcoming schedule is fairly easy for the next 4 games or so, I think it would be a mistake to ride Conks that hard.. I'm still waiting for a definitive description of Salo's injury and a timeline on his return. Doesn't it seem odd that we still haven't really heard anything?
Yeah, kind of makes you wonder if it's more serious than what's being let on. According to the papers he was only on the ice for around 30 minutes during practice.

But if that's true, then that begs the question of why be so secretive about it? You don't suppose that a seriously injured Salo would undermine Lowe if he's really IS looking to trade for a goalie?

Old
11-18-2003, 09:25 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Yeah, kind of makes you wonder if it's more serious than what's being let on. According to the papers he was only on the ice for around 30 minutes during practice.

But if that's true, then that begs the question of why be so secretive about it? You don't suppose that a seriously injured Salo would undermine Lowe if he's really IS looking to trade for a goalie?
Can I venture a guess that it has more to do with the success of the club without him. If we went 0-4-0 without him, then we would hear more about it, but the fact is, no one (by which I mean the fans) is missing Tommy. Which brings up the point, has anyone even really missed Isbister? When's he back?

Old
11-18-2003, 09:42 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
Which brings up the point, has anyone even really missed Isbister? When's he back?
I've missed him. There were a couple of games on that trip where we really missed his size in the top 6.

Old
11-18-2003, 10:17 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
Can I venture a guess that it has more to do with the success of the club without him. If we went 0-4-0 without him, then we would hear more about it, but the fact is, no one (by which I mean the fans) is missing Tommy. Which brings up the point, has anyone even really missed Isbister? When's he back?
Isbister is supposedly back for tonight's game according to the papers. 4th line, Salmo comes out, Chimera takes his spot on the 4th line.

Bart

Old
11-18-2003, 10:19 AM
barto

Quote:
I've missed him. There were a couple of games on that trip where we really missed his size in the top 6.
I agree, although there are LEVELS of "missing" someone...I'd have maybe missed him more if we'd had a worse road trip after he went down...

Bart

Old
11-18-2003, 11:50 AM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
I have missed him as well, maybe we could have won that game against Ottawa if Izzy didn't hurt (i'm happy with the tie but the extra point couldn't have hurt )

after MacT sat Izzy out against Calgary, Izzy returned to score the Game winner against the Blue Jacvkets and he's was gtreat until the Chara hit

Closed Thread