HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oates Question

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 08:45 AM
boxall9

vCash: 500
Oates in on Saturday

I know he said he would need over a week to be ready to play but what do you think the chances are of him going hard this week and playing on Sat.? I'm sure he would really like to play in that game, and imagine the ovation he would get being intoduced for the first time in front of 60,000 fans of which probably about 45-50,000 are Oilers fans! If that didn't make him positive he made the right choice, nothing would.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:54 AM
boxall9

This is also a great signing because if Oates has a good experience here he will have nothing but good to say to future free agents the Oil are interested in. They can have Oates call them and say what a good choice he made picking the Oilers.

Old
11-18-2003, 11:59 AM
Cerebral

I'd truthfully say there is a 1% chance he'll be ready for Saturday. He acknowledged that he hasn't been on the ice much and it takes a while to get into game shape.. you can be in tip top physical condition but you still need to skate with a puck and stick for a while to get back the feel of the game. I'd be fairly surprised if he was even back in time for the Columbus game..

Closed Thread