HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best Kneejerk Reactions to the Losing Streak

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 06:35 AM
discostu

vCash: 500
Best Kneejerk Reactions to the Losing Streak

Alright, I may not be the best one to be proposing this one, since I've been open to the idea of trading Bonk, but the guys on the radio were talking about some pretty funny stuff this morning.

They've been making fun of all the knee-jerk reactions a lot of fans have had to this losing streak. They were saying they should have a contest on some of the best knee-jerk reactions fans are having to this lockout. They had some good ones that people had in a joking manner, and others they were making fun of that people were actually serious on (i.e. the fire Martin ones).

I'll list some of the basic ones:
Fire Martin - You can't win with him as coach, bring in Ted Nolan to fire up the troops
Trade Lalime - He hasn't won anything. He'll never lead us to a cup. Trade him, and let Emery play.
Strip Alfie of the Captaincy - No team has won a Stanley Cup with a European captain. Give the "C" to Schaefer or Neil, they deserve it!

Some of the funnier ones that were made in jest:
Fire Melnyk - The Sens have played badly ever since he's come in. Bring back Bryden!
Move the team - No NHL team has won anything in Ottawa for years, it's best to start over and move the team to Portland!
Stop paying them - This team played it's best hockey when they stopped getting paychecks, so let's stop paying them!

Anyone else got some good ones?

Old
11-18-2003, 07:00 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu
Stop paying them - This team played it's best hockey when they stopped getting paychecks, so let's stop paying them!

I like this one.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:03 AM
Spezza

That paycheck one is superb

Job swap day - They swap jobs with the Sens press core. They spend all day watching the press core act like hockey players (which should lighten the mood) while they eat donughts and talk a load of **** all day. Maybe then the team won't put so much stock into what they've read all season. semi serious

We could try inserting Spartacat into the lineup. Although, I'm not so sure if his skating is quite at the NHL level - but hey, nobody likes playing against a lion. deadly serious

Old
11-18-2003, 08:06 AM
BigDaddyGarrioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu

Don't know if you visit sensnetwork but we have a 110 page thread on Patrick Lalime, he's become the hunted animal.

Old
11-18-2003, 11:30 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE

I like this one.
Thanks, that's a Discostu original.

Old
11-19-2003, 03:54 AM
discostu

Heard another one today:

Let's trade for some players with heart and determination. I hear that there are a couple of guys that are playing real well this year that could really help this team. One is a guy named Daigle, a real comeback kid. The other is this guy named Yashin, who's picking up a lot of points right now. He could be a real asset in the playoffs.

BTW, I like the Spartacat one. Someone's gotta have a few more of these. I thought Other Dave would be all over this thread.

Closed Thread