HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ilya Zubov

Old
09-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Luke87

vCash: 500
Ilya Zubov

What do you guys think of him , what kind of potential does he have?

Luke87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Sens are like Whoa

I'd also like to know.

If he's anything like Sergei Zubov, I'd be happy.

Sens are like Whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 09:06 AM
EJsens1
HFBoards Sponsor

The word is that he is one of the fastest players outside the NHL. Just a rocket. Sadly, word is also that he is a big boozer and party goer!!

EJsens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Sens are like Whoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead View Post
The word is that he is one of the fastest players outside the NHL. Just a rocket. Sadly, word is also that he is a big boozer and party goer!!
Well, seeing as how he's only 19... I'm sure he'll grow out of that phase.

Quote:
Skating: A very good skater with an impressive technique...above average top speed...smooth on the ice...very good stride. Technical Ability: A very technical player with soft hands...at times tends to overhandle the puck...very effective stick handler without the puck, especially in defensive situations. Shot: Posesses a laser of a wrist shot with a quick release and good power...loves to shoot the puck top shelf and is very good at it...good, strong slapshot, but needs to work on itís accuracy...can effectively shoot the puck with a backhand...likes to shoot the puck Hockey Sense: Sees the ice very well and effectively uses his teammates...overhandles the puck. Not because he doesnít see his linemates, but because he loves to play with it...very mature for his age and proved to be quite capable at the pro level during the 2003-04 season. Defensive Play: Posesses a solid defensive awareness...still hasnít fully grown to take on the physical play, but posesses solid positioning and has the appropriate attitude regarding his defensive responsibilities. Physical Play: Hasnít yet fully grown, or filled in his frame, so tends to struggle with the physical aspect of the game...tries hard, but isnít yet very effective at it. Mental Game: A very coachible player, who listens carefully and executes instructions well...fits very well into any locker room. Faceoffs: Needs to further improve this aspect of his game....doesnít quite have the mass or technique yet to be effective at the faceoff circle.
From Russian Prospects.

Sens are like Whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 09:32 AM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead View Post
I don't know where you're getting this from. Maybe a link? Or clarify a joke that didn't quite land.

From what I saw at the world juniors last year he's much like Kaigorodov. He's not overly big, is a good skater but doesn't have stand out speed, great awareness and passing ability. He also wasn't noticeably scared of contact. He should be one of the leaders on the WJ Russian team this year. Good talent and great value for a 4th rounder. Would have gone higher had there been a transfer agreement.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 09:43 AM
EJsens1
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Stanley View Post
I don't know where you're getting this from. Maybe a link? Or clarify a joke that didn't quite land.
No joke, just through a player that played with him last year. It was one of their goalies.

EJsens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Roy G Biv*

For some reason, I see him as the next Sergei Zholtok (RIP).

One of my all-time favourite Sens.

Roy G Biv* is offline   Reply With Quote