HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anze Kopitar will...

View Poll Results: Anze Kopitar will...
Start the season in Manchester to adjust to the NA game, no matter how well he plays in camp 10 13.89%
Start the season in Manchester and get called up at around the 20-25 game mark. 12 16.67%
Start the season on the Kings in spot duty until his game rounds out. 4 5.56%
Start the season on the Kings as the 2nd line center and learn on the fly. 42 58.33%
Make a great pass and then cannonball into John LeClair and separate his shoulder. No, wait... 4 5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-22-2006, 12:45 PM
multiball

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to multiball
Anze Kopitar will...

So many other threads spiral into this discussion, it needed to live on it's own. For the 06/07 Kings season, Anze Kopitar will... (pick one) and why?

multiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 12:49 PM
kingsfan25

He'll start in Manchester.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 12:56 PM
JimBeam

He will start as the 2nd line center. He has the Skills to do it and is showing us all that he belongs there. And after Conroy I think he is the Kings next best Center rookie or not.

JimBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 01:24 PM
VADEN

he will open the season as the 2nd line center because of the injury to mccauley &
hopefully plays well enough to keep it

VADEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Chazz Reinhold

He's starting as the second line center with the Kings based on what I've read about his play during training camp.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 03:38 PM
ILuvLA

This one's a tough call. Went with starting in LA. DL and the brain trust did say that if he was impressive in camp, they might change their minds about starting Anze in NH. He's made a strong case for making the Kings during camp & the preseason games so far.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 03:40 PM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
He's starting as the second line center with the Kings based on what I've read about his play during training camp.
I agree. Here are some qoutes from people that have seen Kopitar play at training camp, prospects camp etc.

Quote:
Kopitar has the body of a Thornton, positioning of Thornton, but like someone already said he has the stick handling of a Euro. Much more distinct than a North American like Vincent Lecalier or Joe Thornton.
Quote:
Kings haven't had a prospect this good in all that time. The kid has all the skills to be a superstar along with the strength to be a power forward if he wasn't so skilled. The only question is whether or not he'll develop the mental game to put it all together. And from what I've seen so far in camp and from my interview with him, I think he just might do it. Kopitar is so much more mature than all the other young prospects I've met over the years...a reason for optimism.
Quote:
Kopitar was IN****ingCREDIBLE! Definitely lives up to the hype and then some. The guy has great hockey sense, good speed, and makes things happen. Can't wait to see him center the first line with the Kings for the years to come. I really think he should be on the roster this year.
Quote:
Very impressed with Kopitar! Watching him tonight I think he should get a roster spot come opening day. I was seeing him in front of the net time after time. He was making nice passes to Fro (I think they will play very well together) I saw him a couple of time take the puck back from SJ and keep the offensive rush going. It looks like he knows what he needs to do and just does it.
Quote:
Basically Kopitar has moves with the puck that Thornton doesn't. Can't compare the playmaking ability yet.
Quote:
So far, Kopitar has been able to make things happen on most shifts. Kopitar has made a bunch of smart plays. Nothing really flashy, but he's always in good position, makes good decisions with and without the puck...
Quote:
Kopitar's puck control abilities are comparable to Frolov's along the boards.
Quote:
Kopitar anticipates really well, too. Solid defensive play by Kopitar just prevented another San Jose goal.
Quote:
Kopitar made things happen on most shifts and was the Kings' best player, which was impressive given that he was up against Sharks superstar center Joe Thornton on just about every shift. Kopitar more than held his own against Thornton. "He's an excellent player, always tough to play against," said Kopitar. "But it's fun to play against him. Everything is hard against him. It's hard to get the puck away from him because he's so big and has a long reach." Kopitar knew what to expect when facing Thornton. "I played one time against him in the World Championships and it was really hard and it's always going to be hard," said Kopitar. As for playing against National Hockey League-caliber competition, Kopitar exuded confidence. "I feel pretty good [about playing at the NHL level], but I know I can play better too," he said.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 04:04 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

never seen him, BUT if he really is worth all the hype he's been getting, then I don't see why he wonh't go into the Kings fulltime. If you remember, Frolov never played int he AHL becuase he clearly was NHL ready. Remember, holding kids back can hinder their development too, but Lombardi seems to know how to handle devleopment.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

I think it all depends upon the Health status of Alyn McCauley .... IF he's good to go, I think only 1 of Kopitar or O'Sullivan "start" the season with the Kings, however both finish the year on the team almost assuredly ... now if McCauley can't go for the start of the season, I think the Kings keep Kopitar up for a few more games and then send him to Manchester ...

It's got nothing to do with his Talent, Kopitar obviously has enough skill to get a shot at the NHL now, and I really don't buy into this whole adjust to the NA game BS, Kopitar is a coaches kid, he knows more about the ins and outs of hockey than most 19 year olds, my only thinking is there's much more to an 82 game full NHL season than just 'talent' and maybe that's why Kopitar would spend some time in the AHL to get used to the travel and grind of a longer season than I think he's used to , oh and all the female hockey groupies, that alone could wear the poor kid out

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Osprey

I think that he'll probably start the season with the Kings. I'm a little torn on what happens after that, since I acknowledge that he may start slowly and get sent down for a few months, but I went with staying on the Kings just because the alternatives (such as Armstrong as 2nd-line center) aren't appealing. Barring more injuries, circumstances just couldn't be any better for Anze.

BTW, props for that last option, multiball

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 04:34 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
Here are some qoutes...
If these quotes were from DL or MC or someone of stature like that I'd say he's starting in LA. However, since they're not, I say he'll start in Manchester and be the first forward call-up either due to injury or because they outright need him.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Quattro

he'll start on the 2nd line because they are woefully thin in the top 6. I don't think they have a choice.

Quattro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Kick

I'll say he starts in Manchester this season as well and will be a mid-season call up.

Kick is offline   Reply With Quote