HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Obvious Det/Wash./NYR Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 04:03 PM
ginnungagap

vCash: 500
Obvious Det/Wash./NYR Proposal

I'm sure there's lots of people who will be mad after just reading the subject but here goes:

I didn't think Washington would move Kolzig earlier but by now he's probably had enough of playing behind an unmotivated team with two NHL defensemen that he'd waive the no-trade clause. Washington is also probably eager enough to move Jagr that they would dig a little deeper to get it done.

to NYR- Jagr
to Washington- Joseph
to Detroit- Lindros

Lindros would probably have to be healthy (or as healthy as he gets these days) before it happened and Detroit might have to take on another contract from the Rangers- but nothing too outrageous. Washington could almost definitely move Kolzig without much of a problem and maybe even get a nice return to boot. The Caps couldn't really lose in this one, they're not going to win too much no matter what they do, might as well get some young talent for Kolzig and cut a nice chunk off their payroll- getting Joseph to agree to go to Washington could be the sticking point though. The most he could hope for would be to be out of Detroit and play well enough to be traded to a contender at the deadline. Detroit and the Rangers get 90's superstars with alot of question marks, at least Detroit would be getting a shorter term contract with Lindros and if anyone could motivate him it would be his buddy Yzerman. The Rangers would only do the deal if they wanted Jagr anyway, by their track record they might and are probably the only team in the league that would.

Flame away.

Old
11-18-2003, 04:05 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
wow. what an original proposal. i can't wait to discuss this one!

Old
11-18-2003, 04:07 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnungagap
I'm sure there's lots of people who will be mad after just reading the subject but here goes:

I didn't think Washington would move Kolzig earlier but by now he's probably had enough of playing behind an unmotivated team with two NHL defensemen that he'd waive the no-trade clause. Washington is also probably eager enough to move Jagr that they would dig a little deeper to get it done.

to NYR- Jagr
to Washington- Joseph
to Detroit- Lindros

Lindros would probably have to be healthy (or as healthy as he gets these days) before it happened and Detroit might have to take on another contract from the Rangers- but nothing too outrageous. Washington could almost definitely move Kolzig without much of a problem and maybe even get a nice return to boot. The Caps couldn't really lose in this one, they're not going to win too much no matter what they do, might as well get some young talent for Kolzig and cut a nice chunk off their payroll- getting Joseph to agree to go to Washington could be the sticking point though. The most he could hope for would be to be out of Detroit and play well enough to be traded to a contender at the deadline. Detroit and the Rangers get 90's superstars with alot of question marks, at least Detroit would be getting a shorter term contract with Lindros and if anyone could motivate him it would be his buddy Yzerman. The Rangers would only do the deal if they wanted Jagr anyway, by their track record they might and are probably the only team in the league that would.

Flame away.
why would the rangers make this trade? they clearly can just trade with the caps and get jagr without giving up anything of value.

Old
11-18-2003, 04:09 PM
MoS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
why would the rangers make this trade? they clearly can just trade with the caps and get jagr without giving up anything of value.
exactly. the wings run off like bandits

Old
11-18-2003, 04:23 PM
Trottier
Very Random

This is a recording. :p

If you want to offer up a fantasy league type trade scenario, that's cool. After all, most of the speculation on this board anyway.

But if you want your suggestion should be taken with a scintilla of legitimacy, first consider the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ramifications.

This one doesn't, in the least.

Old
11-20-2003, 07:33 AM
ginnungagap

There's a reason I put obvious in the title- I don't read all of the proposals on this board religiously but I don't think anyone's posted this exact deal before. Sorry for the repetition if someone has. My thinking was that if the Rangers truly are interested in Jagr than unloading Lindros would be a good thing, he's been either hurt or unproductive this season and last year was a disappointment. I agree Washington and the Rangers could just deal with each other if desired but I figured even New York might have to dump salary to take on an uber-contract like Jagr's, even if the Caps pay a nice chunk of salary. I did say Detroit might have to get another undesirable contract to even it out. Maybe throw in something of good value and get a decent player who makes some money like Carter who's supposedly being shopped. Don't mean to pander for support, I'm just surprised that an idea that combines a couple different rumors that each have a decent chance of being legit gets bashed but goofball offers that involve large numbers of players and key prospects, the kind of deals that almost never happen and are never predicted, get 5 pages of replies.

Old
11-20-2003, 07:50 AM
drewcon40

The last thing the Rangers need is another unmotivated superstar. When the Rangers were slated to get Jagr in the summer of 2001 but wound up dealing for Lindros, Lindros was a better fit at the time. He clearly was dominant between end of October - December 2001. Lindros has played pretty well but has been snake bitten with non concussion injuries (he took a stick to the face last week against Pittsburgh).

This deal dosen't help the Rangers and Glen Sather is too egotistical to ship his big acquisition elsewhere for Jagr or anyone.

The Rangers need to find a way to unload some of their "stars", not acquire any Jagr types which take up roster space.

Sather has been unhappy with Poti (still young) and Carter (only 29 which is young for the Rangers, both, of which, he had in Edmonton). I would like to see if one or both of them could fetch teh Rangers any picks or prospects for a change.

Old
11-20-2003, 04:06 PM
H.M.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40
The last thing the Rangers need is another unmotivated superstar. When the Rangers were slated to get Jagr in the summer of 2001 but wound up dealing for Lindros, Lindros was a better fit at the time. He clearly was dominant between end of October - December 2001. Lindros has played pretty well but has been snake bitten with non concussion injuries (he took a stick to the face last week against Pittsburgh).

This deal dosen't help the Rangers and Glen Sather is too egotistical to ship his big acquisition elsewhere for Jagr or anyone.

The Rangers need to find a way to unload some of their "stars", not acquire any Jagr types which take up roster space.

Sather has been unhappy with Poti (still young) and Carter (only 29 which is young for the Rangers, both, of which, he had in Edmonton). I would like to see if one or both of them could fetch teh Rangers any picks or prospects for a change.
The Blues ought to be interested in Carter if he's available.

Old
11-21-2003, 06:58 AM
ginnungagap

I'd love to see Carter in Detroit, they could really use a skilled forward that actually has both size and speed. Detroit doesn't have a whole lot of tradeable assets though, with most of their key guys being either old stars with no trade clauses and/or big contracts or players with the last names of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, or Fischer- who I just can't see the Wings trade. Detroit fans just get too attached to their young stars too quickly for Holland to move them unless he wants a huge fan backlash. Detroit actually has some decent prospects for the first time in a while and Holland always seems to be ready to move picks but even if New York should go after prospects and picks, going by their track record won't they probably get established NHL talent.

Old
11-21-2003, 08:17 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M.D.
The Blues ought to be interested in Carter if he's available.

Carter is certainly available.

What would Detroit offer?

What St. Louis offer?

11-21-2003, 08:36 AM
drewcon40

Would St. Louis be interested in sending Barrett Jackman over? We'll throw in Poti. Poti and Carter for Jackman (maybe you can throw in Peter Sejna for our LW help) Of course I am joking and would not expect that for our dreck.

I don't know what the Blues and Rangers could work out. The fact is that anyone who is on the Rangers, their value is down. Right now our best players IMO are Dunham, Holik (too expensive for his role but is playing well for Holik), Simon (same as Holik) and Barnaby.

Detroit - We'll take Hudler!!!

Honestly, as a Ranger fan, it sickens me the way that organization is run. I don't know what Sather sees that the fans do not but this team has wasted time throwing money at players when they don't even have a foundation or core of young players to build on.

I don't know what Sather can get in return for Poti or Carter. I don't know how the rest of the league values these two.

Old
11-21-2003, 01:27 PM
McSmack2002

Quote:
Would St. Louis be interested in sending Barrett Jackman over? We'll throw in Poti. Poti and Carter for Jackman (maybe you can throw in Peter Sejna for our LW help) Of course I am joking and would not expect that for our dreck.

I don't know what the Blues and Rangers could work out. The fact is that anyone who is on the Rangers, their value is down. Right now our best players IMO are Dunham, Holik (too expensive for his role but is playing well for Holik), Simon (same as Holik) and Barnaby.

Honestly, as a Ranger fan, it sickens me the way that organization is run. I don't know what Sather sees that the fans do not but this team has wasted time throwing money at players when they don't even have a foundation or core of young players to build on.

I don't know what Sather can get in return for Poti or Carter. I don't know how the rest of the league values these two.
As a Detroit fan I'd trade Hudler for Carter...we have enough midgets already.

Old
11-21-2003, 01:42 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:

Hudler for Carter...

done.

Old
11-22-2003, 03:56 PM
ginnungagap

Quote:
I think Hudler is going to be a good (maybe great) NHL point producer in a couple years, but with Datsyuk and Zetterberg already established as young but smallish cornerstones up front I'd move him for Carter. As a complimentary offensive player Carter might absolutely flourish in Detroit, bringing that long-awaited combination of size, skill and speed that Primeau hinted at before he rightfully brought the hatred of Wing's fans by playing primadonna (you just can't whine about playing in the shadow of Yzerman and Fedorov, score one empty net playoff goal in like 2 years and be a hold-out.) Realistically, I can't see even the Wings bringing in more salary until the whole Joseph situation is figured out but I guess Illitch did say he thinks they might have to look into getting a power forward before the trade deadline...

Old
11-22-2003, 11:11 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
Hudler for Carter...

done.
Done done. Now we can torture ourselves seeing him rot under Sather.

Closed Thread