HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Probably already been said...

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2003, 01:19 PM
st_roland

vCash: 500
Probably already been said...

Can you imagine how good this team is gonna be when kariya and forsberg come back? Thats basically $20 mil worth of player missing.(I know kariya is signed for 1 mil) It looks like Teemu is starting to earn his paycheck too, that move to win the game last night was sick.

Old
11-19-2003, 01:28 PM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
Can you imagine how good this team is gonna be when kariya and forsberg come back? Thats basically $20 mil worth of player missing.(I know kariya is signed for 1 mil) It looks like Teemu is starting to earn his paycheck too, that move to win the game last night was sick.
You may be right in that assesment. However, I don't think the team or coaching staff thinks that way. They already have enough talent on the team to make a very good run as it is. I'm more concerned about Forsberg getting healthy because I think he can single handedly make this team a better 5 v 5 club which is where we've suffered as of late. I'm also looking forward to Worrell getting some quality shifts in the 3rd or 4th line. The dynamic of a Worrell, Konowalchuk, Nikolishin line sounds very odd to me. Eventually Cummins, McAllister, Brigley or McCormick are going to get bumped out. I personally like the youth of Brigley and McCormick playing but I understand the veteran presence of Cummins is important too.

I think the Avs are going to make things very interesting come the playoffs. Historically speaking the Avs lose games like the one against the Ducks last night. Facing a hot goaltender for two periods in which they are outplaying the opposition. The Avs somehow get scored on and they lose the game with a blah 3rd. This year the Avs have shown a lot of persistance in their efforts and I can't imagine how much better they will prove to be if Sakic keeps playing like he has and can center a healthy Kariya/Selanne pairing. Should be interesting.

Old
11-19-2003, 02:34 PM
hoserthehorrible

I don't think Worrel will end up playing with Konowolchuk and Nikolishin. I suspect Worrell will play on the 4th line and either Hinote or McCormick or possibly Brigley will play with Konowolchuk and Nikolishin on the 3rd line.

Old
11-19-2003, 02:57 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Konowalchuk - Nikolishin - McCormick
Worrell - Moore/Hinote - Hinote/Cummins

That doesn't look too bad to me, but again... I'm a Steve Moore fan and think he deserves a spot on this club.

Old
11-19-2003, 03:20 PM
nathan

If we have Worrell, we can go ahead and scratch Cummins. so:

Worrell / Moore / Hinote

Good agitating line. Moore can play the role of the defensive center that covers for his linemates much like Hahl did last season.

Old
11-19-2003, 03:21 PM
imagine29028

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Konowalchuk - Nikolishin - McCormick
Worrell - Moore/Hinote - Hinote/Cummins

That doesn't look too bad to me, but again... I'm a Steve Moore fan and think he deserves a spot on this club.

Kono - Niko - Hinote
Worrell - Moore/Brigley - Cummins/Hahl

:p

Old
11-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
If we have Worrell, we can go ahead and scratch Cummins. so:

Worrell / Moore / Hinote

Good agitating line. Moore can play the role of the defensive center that covers for his linemates much like Hahl did last season.
That's the line combo I would favor with,

Kono - Niko - McCormick

as the 3rd line. Just too bad Svatos is out for so long, he really looked like he had a lot of potential, and would have added a lot of scoring to that third line eventually, especially with Kono instead of Bates. Poor Bates, tough to see any player strugle like he has.

Closed Thread