HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question about a Blues player, Koivisto

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 07:03 PM
fcrand27

vCash: 500
Question about a Blues player, Koivisto

I think I posted this in the wrong area so I thought I better post it under its own thread.

Hey all,
I have a question about Tom Koivisto the Finnish Dman drafted by the Blues in the 8th Rd in '02. He barely played for the Blues last year, even with injuries at D and I thought he was drafted for immediate impact, and his season last year for Worcestor wasn't great and has only played 2 games this year for them. Has anyone seen him?
I've been unable to find any posts or links about him here on the board. I know he's not exactly a prospect because of his age, but can I ask what y'all think about his chances. Will he ever play for the Blues? Will he play in the NHL? Or is it likely his contract will run out and he'll be allowed to head back to Finland? I mean only 2 games so far for Worcestor isn't promising at all for any likelihood of him being promoted to the big league in my eyes, but I'm no expert, so I'd appreciate all opinions,
Thanks in advance,
fcrand27.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:07 PM
execwrite

Koivisto hurt his shoulder a week ago and is out indefinitely. He's skilled offensively but hasn't adjusted to the North American game yet.

It doesn't look like he will succeed in the NHL or the AHL. Probably headed back to Finland next year.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:11 PM
fcrand27

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
Koivisto hurt his shoulder a week ago and is out indefinitely. He's skilled offensively but hasn't adjusted to the North American game yet.

It doesn't look like he will succeed in the NHL or the AHL. Probably headed back to Finland next year.
Thanks exec for the great quick reply, definitely helps me with a decision in my fantasy hockey keeper league team. Unfortunately there are too many other prospects out there and I can only wait so long for a player drafted to make an immediate impact, to make an impact. It's a shame, I thought he may may make it, he did well in Finland, even made the All Star team there several times I beleive.
Thanks again.

Closed Thread