HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How has Immonen been in Training Camp

Old
09-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Gottokeeponrisin

vCash: 500
How has Immonen been in Training Camp

I'm curious why he was not in the lineup last night. How has his game been in the camp so far. Do you think he will be back in Hartford for the year?

Gottokeeponrisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Fletch

Dubinsky started camp...

hotter and has kept it up. He deserved to get the early look.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 01:17 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
You can say that again.

He was great in last night's game, also very happy to see Dawes score one, even if it was a bad goal. He was great as well. I really hope to see them in NY this year.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Fletch

You thought he was great in last night's game?

I've only watched two periods thus far, but I wouldn't even have said he was good in last night's game. Saw one nice rush, but overall, he didn't seem to be in sync with his linemates and the play.

Old
09-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Gottokeeponrisin

are you guys talking about dubinsky or immonen?

Gottokeeponrisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Pizza

IMHO Immo has been mediocre at best.

He is not making nearly as strong a case for himself as others.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Dubinsky let Immonen back in the race after last night. It's to bad but it is a lot to ask of a 20 year old to play in the NHL.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Larry Melnyk

You don't measure youngsters by micro-analysizng one or even two games, let alone decide a player is back in the race because of the failure of another....It's all about the entire preseason and making a cumulative decison....Right NOW it isn't even close between Dubinsky and Immonen but there's a few more weeks...ANd for whatever one makes the opening night roster, it's not the end of the world for the guy(s) sent down to Hartford...The rangers will constantly be evaluating the youngsters and doubt they will hesitate to make some call up for struggling youngsters (if it's over a period of time)

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Fletch

Larry...

there has bee three preseason games. One player has played in two and the other has played in one. There has been two games televised on TV and camp is a little over a week old, and aside from games, is mostly quiet to the outside. Further, there will be 7 games played over a 2 week period to decide who gets what spots opening night. I don't think there's any way you can't micromange as the preseason is a microcosm of the regular season anyways. And wih 7 games to decide, each game a player plays in goes towards deciding his fate for opening night.

And I think SoS is dead on. If this is a two player race (and it really isn't, but let's assume it is for a second), then it would be Immonen's turn to do something. I think Dubi benefitted initially from playing a few games in Traverse and was more game-ready going into camp (more game ready than most NHLers). Last night, others have gotten up the curve a bit more and have caught up with their timing somewhat. I look forward to Dubi's next start to see if he makes the proper adjustments and improves on his last game. I don't think I would've expected much more from a 20 year old who likely felt the pressure - going down ther with many of the starters is pressure enough - playing in a hyped game is added pressure.

But as jas stated, it's not a two player race. There are wings who can make this team, which may ultimately move Ward or Hall to center.

Old
09-24-2006, 03:55 PM
eco's bones

I don't think Dubinsky looked out of place really. He had at least in my opinion a better game than Betts did. The Florida lineup though was not all that competitive--maybe a little more competitive than the Devil lineup the other night when Immonen played. Arguably Dubinsky's 4th line wingers Hollweg and Ward were much better than Jarkko's 3rd line wingers Byers and Weller. I really don't see where one has the edge over the other in the 2 games we've seen. Who they choose may come down to other factors besides the games. To be honest though if the Rangers think that Brandon can handle it right now my preference would be for him just because I think in the long run he's going to be the better player. Jarkko's upside at this point in time is more of a questionmark.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
You don't measure youngsters by micro-analysizng one or even two games, let alone decide a player is back in the race because of the failure of another....It's all about the entire preseason and making a cumulative decison....Right NOW it isn't even close between Dubinsky and Immonen but there's a few more weeks...ANd for whatever one makes the opening night roster, it's not the end of the world for the guy(s) sent down to Hartford...The rangers will constantly be evaluating the youngsters and doubt they will hesitate to make some call up for struggling youngsters (if it's over a period of time)
I hate to be the one to break this to you but sports is 100% about "what have you done for me lately." If Immonen plays a couple of strong games and Dubinsky plays like he did last night you can throw the first week of training camp out the window. Using your logic Dubinsky might as well get an apartment in Manhatten and Immonen might as well not show up to camp anymore. Not only is it close it's probably closer than both of us think.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Janerixon

I dont know how anyone can say immonen is even in the race, its not a two player race because guys like greg moore and nigel dawes have played well enough that they have to be given a serious look

as i see it now its dubinsky, greg moore, dawes, than immonen

immonen has looked invisible out there, ive seen 2 of the 3 preseason games and immonen has done nothing compared to moore, dawes, and dubinsky. dubinsky had a great game vs the devils and uses his body and is at least noticeable out there, i cant really say the same for immonen

im looking foward to seeing what immonen has to offer tommorrow nite since im goin to the game, but i am not very high on Immo and think his game is not all there yet, i hope he proves me wrong but as i see it now at least 2 of dubinsky, moore, and dawes will make the team

straka-nylander-jagr
prucha-cullen-shanahan
moore-dubinsky-ward
hollweg-betts-hall

sc: orr, hossa,
LTI: Ortmeyer

but thats just me

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Fletch

Question jan...

which two games did you see?

Old
09-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
which two games did you see?
i saw rangers devils at the garden, and then i watched rangers panthers last nite

Old
09-24-2006, 08:08 PM
DontStaal

the thing is w/ last night.. Dubi wasnt exactly on a line that had scoring potential.

the way I see it, as ahlers/prospects comin up: Pock, Dubi, Dawes, Moore, Immonen. But i'm just basing that on the recognition they seem to be getting from the Ranger organization.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Fletch

How did you notice...

Dubinsky against the Devils then? If you're comparing games you've seen with you're own eyes, then I don't know how Immonen, Dawes, Moore and Dubinsky aren't close. None have stood out exceptionally in the two televised games.

Old
09-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
the thing is w/ last night.. Dubi wasnt exactly on a line that had scoring potential.

the way I see it, as ahlers/prospects comin up: Pock, Dubi, Dawes, Moore, Immonen. But i'm just basing that on the recognition they seem to be getting from the Ranger organization.
if dubi or immo make the team its gonna be to be our 3rd or most likely 4th line center, that is not a spot for immo he is a top 2 line center or nothing, he is a speedy center who should score some points, dubi on the otherhand is a pinball who can score some goals, hit anything that moves and should get better defensively, he is more suited for 3rd to 4th line time whereas immo is not

personally id like to see dubi on the 3rd line and betts on the 4th but im not renney

Old
09-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Dubinsky against the Devils then? If you're comparing games you've seen with you're own eyes, then I don't know how Immonen, Dawes, Moore and Dubinsky aren't close. None have stood out exceptionally in the two televised games.

how am i comparing? easy dubinsky gave effort and was actually noticeable. its pretty easy i went to the game and barely noticed immonen, u can check my post after the game in the game thread, immo had two shifts that i noticed him, a penalty kill where he chewed off sometime and he drew a penalty, other than that he was completly invisible, i noticed dubinsky every time he was on the ice, he was involved in the play and he threw his body around finishing checks

he was not as offensively involved but i was happy with his play for a 3rd or 4th line center who is 20

everyone on here is on the IMMo bandwagon, im not, and as ive said over and over i hope im proved wrong but he hasnt shown me anything, especially nothing to show me he should be our 4th line center

its only been a few games things can change, but right now greg moore would be my guy if only one kid were gonna make the team, he looked that good with cullen and prucha, he looked poised, made good passes, used his body, hustled, and was always in the right spot

but these are just opinions

Old
09-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Fletch

Huh?

you talk about Dubinsky against the Devils - you say "dubinsky had a great game vs the devils and uses his body and is at least noticeable out there," - but you didn't see Dubinsky play against the Devils. If you saw Dubinsky do that against FLA, then we watched different games.

Further, if there was a bandwagon, it's not an Immonen bandwagon - many feel Immonen has not played well and few are convinced he's an NHLer. As for Moore - you're still talking about one pro game that you've seen him in, I assume. I wasn't too impressed with his performance, but it was only one game.

Old
09-24-2006, 09:26 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
you talk about Dubinsky against the Devils - you say "dubinsky had a great game vs the devils and uses his body and is at least noticeable out there," - but you didn't see Dubinsky play against the Devils. If you saw Dubinsky do that against FLA, then we watched different games.

Further, if there was a bandwagon, it's not an Immonen bandwagon - many feel Immonen has not played well and few are convinced he's an NHLer. As for Moore - you're still talking about one pro game that you've seen him in, I assume. I wasn't too impressed with his performance, but it was only one game.
Dawes Dubinsky Moore should all make the team.

Straka Nylander Jagr
Prucha Cullen Shanny
Dawes Dubinsky Hall
Hollweg Betts Moore

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 09:31 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Jorts....

Jason Ward has done nothing that would warrant him losing a roster spot... He's been an asset to the team.... I don't see how you can write him off for Adam Hall (who hasn't proved anything in a Ranger sweater yet, and Greg Moore....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 09:31 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I thought Greg Moore played well in his first pro game, but thats the thing it was one pro game. I dont know if Greg is ready for the NHL yet even though he is certainely close.

Dawes I feel has played the best and this is not just based on his preseason play, this also based on how he came to camp ready to go and he really impressed the staff. I expected him to go into camp and do just that because Dawes works hard. He should make this team, he is the most NHL ready of the 5 that includes him, Dubinsky, Moore, Immonen, and Korpedo.

They were talking about Korpedo making the team as a 4th line player. Now I know we drafted him with the mindset of being a future top 2 line LWer but for now I dont think it would hurt his development if he makes the team as a 4th liner. He can always be sent down back to Hartford. Korpedo has played on the 4th line before in Finland behind veterans on the top lines and has done fine. Lets see what he can do here on the 4th line. So basically what I'm saying is Dawes and Korpedo should make the team and the third line center spot is up for grabs. Trade Ward or Betts. Someone has to go because these younger players are ready and are pushing for spots.

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Shanny
Dawes-Dubi/Immo-Hall
Korpedo-Betts-Ward/Hollweg

And what about our defensive situation. Pock is ready, now where does he play?

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Janerixon

Quote:

the dubinsky game i saw was against the panthers, not the devils, that was my error. however i have the tape right here and i watched it twice, he was using his body, finishing checks, and hustling. thats what i want from a 4th line center, so i dont know how you can say we watched different games

it just seems like you always want to disagree with me, dubinsky did nothing wrong in that game (vs fla), he wasnt flashy, but im not expecting flashiness from a 3rd or 4th line center, im expecting hustle, good defensive play and physical play, he showed me all of that

immonen showed me none of that, and do not tell me there is no immo bandwagon because we (and other posters) debated Immo earlier this summer when i said i saw very little positives from immo in his few games with the rangers, that he was virtually invisible after those 2 games where he played well and everyone jumped down my throat

i dont think he has what it takes and it was argued that he did great in the ahl and wasnt given much of a chance at the nhl level, well here is his chance lets see, because right now i have seen myself and maybe one or two other posters who are down on Immo but he was all the hype this summer, i want him to prove me wrong

as for greg moore, ive watched a good amount of him with maine and he has what it takes and his play with prucha and cullen showed me that with proper icetime and linemates he could be a 2nd line winger, he made great passes, he went to the net, he hustled, and he was always in position, he impressed me with maine and followed it up with his game against the devils and i expect he will continue to play well

Old
09-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I thought Greg Moore played well in his first pro game, but thats the thing it was one pro game. I dont know if Greg is ready for the NHL yet even though he is certainely close.

Dawes I feel has played the best and this is not just based on his preseason play, this also based on how he came to camp ready to go and he really impressed the staff. I expected him to go into camp and do just that because Dawes works hard. He should make this team, he is the most NHL ready of the 5 that includes him, Dubinsky, Moore, Immonen, and Korpedo.

They were talking about Korpedo making the team as a 4th line player. Now I know we drafted him with the mindset of being a future top 2 line LWer but for now I dont think it would hurt his development if he makes the team as a 4th liner. He can always be sent down back to Hartford. Korpedo has played on the 4th line before in Finland behind veterans on the top lines and has done fine. Lets see what he can do here on the 4th line. So basically what I'm saying is Dawes and Korpedo should make the team and the third line center spot is up for grabs. Trade Ward or Betts. Someone has to go because these younger players are ready and are pushing for spots.

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Shanny
Dawes-Dubi/Immo-Hall
Korpedo-Betts-Ward/Hollweg

And what about our defensive situation. Pock is ready, now where does he play?
there is no reason for korpinski to be on the 4th line, if we want him to turn into the next nic sundstrom than 4th line icetime will do exactly that, he needs to play in the ahl and play with other players who can bring out the best in him rather than play 5-8 minutes a night tops and learn to play a grinding game, he was drafted to score goals, if he doesnt end up doing that its fine, but 4th line ice time only guarantees he will never become a goal scorer

Old
09-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Prooooocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
if dubi or immo make the team its gonna be to be our 3rd or most likely 4th line center, that is not a spot for immo he is a top 2 line center or nothing, he is a speedy center who should score some points, dubi on the otherhand is a pinball who can score some goals, hit anything that moves and should get better defensively, he is more suited for 3rd to 4th line time whereas immo is not

personally id like to see dubi on the 3rd line and betts on the 4th but im not renney
huh? i thought the knock on Immonen was that he wasn't speedy and may not be fast enough for the NHL.

Prooooocha is offline   Reply With Quote