HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shishkanov

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 04:41 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Shishkanov

Preds prospect Timofei Shiskanov has really started to turn it on. After scoring only 1 goal and no assists through his first 6 profession games, the Russian sniper has 4 goals and 2 assists through his last 6 games. He could be working his way into an injury callup. He is now the Ads leading goal scorer with 5.

Old
11-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
I would definitely like to see Shish up this year. But before I would want to see him at all, I would at least like to call up Trotzy and tell him to give Shish more than one game on the 4th line with 5 minutes ice time and then be scratched the next two. I would want him to maybe at the most play three games, and spend just a little time on a better line, if not the Legwand-Walker line for a couple of shifts. To really gauge where he stands as an NHLer he needs to be put in a NHL situation, not on line with Fiddler and McKenzie, basically AHL caliber talent.

Old
11-18-2003, 04:14 AM
predhead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
To really gauge where he stands as an NHLer he needs to be put in a NHL situation, not on line with Fiddler and McKenzie, basically AHL caliber talent.
I agree. I don't think Shish could be expected to carry a line by himself but he might stand a good chance of putting up some goals if there is some other talent on his line.

Old
11-18-2003, 11:27 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1
I agree. I don't think Shish could be expected to carry a line by himself but he might stand a good chance of putting up some goals if there is some other talent on his line.
Not right now but down the road...whooaa nellie!

Old
11-18-2003, 11:34 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1
I'd like to see him on a line with Erat.....

Old
11-18-2003, 11:52 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I'd like to see him on a line with Erat.....
aren't they both left wings, though?

Old
11-18-2003, 11:54 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
aren't they both left wings, though?
Yeah, but that doesn't mean one can't flip to the other side for expirimentational purposes.

Old
11-18-2003, 11:59 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Yeah, but that doesn't mean one can't flip to the other side for expirimentational purposes.
what we really need is arkhipov and erat to switch places. arkhipov is, if i recall correctly, originally a left wing....and it's hard to be a playmaker of erat's sort from the left wing..which is more traditionally a sniping position. maybe that would unlock arkhipov's ability...but it all hinges on erat being able to play center.

Old
11-18-2003, 12:04 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
what we really need is arkhipov and erat to switch places. arkhipov is, if i recall correctly, originally a left wing....and it's hard to be a playmaker of erat's sort from the left wing..which is more traditionally a sniping position. maybe that would unlock arkhipov's ability...but it all hinges on erat being able to play center.
That would be ideal. As long as Erat can play as defensively resposible as Arkhipov. We can have Arkhi take the faceoffs and then go with that lineup.

Old
11-18-2003, 01:31 PM
Fan Development

vCash:
Good idea...let's try to break in a guy on a top line while we're early in the season. No point in playing him on the fourth line to judge how he adapts, or waiting until we're out of contention and then trying him on the top two lines.
It would be even better if 'ole Trotz would play him for 19-20 minutes a game...after all, hasn't he proved enough in the AHL?

Old
11-18-2003, 01:41 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan Development
Good idea...let's try to break in a guy on a top line while we're early in the season. No point in playing him on the fourth line to judge how he adapts, or waiting until we're out of contention and then trying him on the top two lines.
It would be even better if 'ole Trotz would play him for 19-20 minutes a game...after all, hasn't he proved enough in the AHL?

Geez, touchy? He hasn't proved enough in the AHL. No one said he did. You are reading way too much into this.

Old
11-18-2003, 02:24 PM
Radulov for Czar*

He was simply stating we have a habit of bringing up young guys and letting them skate a total of 5 minutes in 3 games with the likes of McKenzie before being sent down for lack of performance.

Old
11-18-2003, 03:59 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
He was simply stating we have a habit of bringing up young guys and letting them skate a total of 5 minutes in 3 games with the likes of McKenzie before being sent down for lack of performance.
No, he was being sarcastic.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:52 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
No, he was being sarcastic.
my post was directed at Fan Development, not you

Closed Thread