Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Russian phenomenon Petrov Kirll 13 Apr 1990

Old
04-07-2011, 07:38 AM
duga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
That's pretty good, even though I doubt Bykov really considered him as an NT candidate. Kuznetsov now that was a real candidate.

And that Phenomenon thing was really premature.
Well, I think it's time for Bykov to check his options for the Olympics, and Petrov could be one, though being a long shot.

I like his awareness around the goal, when the puck gets to him there somehow, he's really dangerous and Russia, that got tons of players that score mainly on one-on-one skill plays, definitely is in need of players with that asset. his playingstyle does combine both types in him, that makes him interesting. so the question well be, if his talentlevel is high enough to perform in that style on internat. level.... and he got to hurry a bit, cause there are other prospects, whit comparable skillset, that could overtake him, like Kytsin, who plays much more physical.

BTW, Garl, though you aren't Russian you are always very well informed about there players:
have you ever heard of Artur Lauta? plays Russian juniors, but his surname sounds Finnish, doesn't it? and his first name sounds to be of celtic or even nordic descent, but slavic...

duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
BTW, Garl, though you aren't Russian you are always very well informed about there players:
have you ever heard of Artur Lauta? plays Russian juniors, but his surname sounds Finnish, doesn't it? and his first name sounds to be of celtic or even nordic descent, but slavic...
Lauta is a town in Saxony.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:22 AM
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Lauta is a town in Saxony.
thx
so, he's probably of german descent.

Old
04-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Garl

Quote:
Well, I think it's time for Bykov to check his options for the Olympics, and Petrov could be one, though being a long shot.

I like his awareness around the goal, when the puck gets to him there somehow, he's really dangerous and Russia, that got tons of players that score mainly on one-on-one skill plays, definitely is in need of players with that asset. his playingstyle does combine both types in him, that makes him interesting. so the question well be, if his talentlevel is high enough to perform in that style on internat. level.... and he got to hurry a bit, cause there are other prospects, whit comparable skillset, that could overtake him, like Kytsin, who plays much more physical.

Lauta sounds german or baltic. Artur is popular name in Latvia.

P.S. Kitsyn isn't very impressive, at least not in KHL. Petrov, even though he was ridiculously overhyped, I think was pretty good in Yugra, and deserved a call-up to Eurotour.

P.P.S. I am half russian half tatar(Petrov btw looks like a tatar aswell), born in Russia, and have russian passport.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:29 AM
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Lauta sounds german or baltic. Artur is popular name in Latvia.

P.S. Kitsyn isn't very impressive, at least not in KHL. Petrov, even though he was ridiculously overhyped, I think was pretty good in Yugra, and deserved a call-up to Eurotour.

P.P.S. I am half russian half tatar(Petrov btw looks like a tatar aswell), born in Russia, and have russian passport.
ouups, and I thought all the years you were a Swede... sorry for that!

so, you are half blonde, half dark haired?

Radulov looks like a stereotypical tatar, doesn't he?

Well, when it would have been Arturs... I wouldn't have asked about his descent... but it looks the german way, how it's written. (Arthur, Arturo some other spellings)

about Kitsyn, haven't seen much KHL this season, so can't judge him on this level. but all the time I've seen him (mostly on Junior NT), I see a big, strong player, that goes to the dirty areas and while not a punishing hitter, uses his size very well to protect the puck, has good hands, good skating for his size (especially mobility), can make some smart plays, and his play in front of the goal is his best asset, it's very hard to work him away, smells the puck. (Russia needs a new Kovalenko-like presence from the goal crease)

Old
04-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
ouups, and I thought all the years you were a Swede... sorry for that!

so, you are half blonde, half dark haired?

Radulov looks like a stereotypical tatar, doesn't he?

Well, when it would have been Arturs... I wouldn't have asked about his descent... but it looks the german way, how it's written. (Arthur, Arturo some other spellings)

about Kitsyn, haven't seen much KHL this season, so can't judge him on this level. but all the time I've seen him (mostly on Junior NT), I see a big, strong player, that goes to the dirty areas and while not a punishing hitter, uses his size very well to protect the puck, has good hands, good skating for his size (especially mobility), can make some smart plays, and his play in front of the goal is his best asset, it's very hard to work him away, smells the puck. (Russia needs a new Kovalenko-like presence from the goal crease)
I agree - he is "only" a bit inconsistent. If you can score a hat trick in the KHL you must be good, and he is. He only needs some more consistency and ice time.

04-07-2011, 12:14 PM
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
I agree - he is "only" a bit inconsistent. If you can score a hat trick in the KHL you must be good, and he is. He only needs some more consistency and ice time.
I hope you are right.

This is a very nice example of Kytsins special talent mix.
everybody remembers Kutznetsov's overtime winner, which was very nice of course, half the goal belongs to Kytsin, IMO:
going after a not very accurate east-west pass needs will, after that it's a nice mix of skating, hands, strengh, and perfect pass-timing while being on double pressure (on body and puck) by 2 different players. That type of plays wins you some games...

BTW, have you heard anything about Lauta, has some nice stats as an underager at Russias's U-17 Final tournament for Avangard... (afterwards I stop derailing the thread)