HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers send 21 players to HFD/Cut from Rangers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-25-2006, 04:00 PM
  #1
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,307
vCash: 500
Rangers send 21 players to HFD/Cut from Rangers

PLAYERS REASSIGNED TO HARTFORD ON 9/25/06
Goaltenders -- Chris Holt and Alex Westlund.
Defense -- Ryan Constant, Marvin Degon, Mike Gabinet, Bryce Lampman, David Liffiton, Hannu Pikkarainen, Corey Potter, Dale Purinton and Jake Taylor.
Forwards -- Zdenek Bahensky, Dane Byers, Ryan Callahan, Bruce Graham, Mike Hoffman, Hugh Jessiman, Rick Kozak, Francis Lessard, Jakub Petruzalek and Craig Weller.


PLAYERS STILL IN TRAINING CAMP
Goal -- Henrik Lundqvist, Al Montoya, Stephen Valiquette and Kevin Weekes

Defense -- Ivan Baranka, Daniel Girardi, Darius Kasparaitis, Marek Malik, Thomas Pock, Karel Rachunek, Martin Richter, Marc Staal, Fedor Tyutin and Aaron Ward.

Forwards -- Blair Betts, Matt Cullen, Nigel Dawes, Brandon Dubinsky, Lee Falardeau, Adam Hall, Dwight Helminen, Ryan Hollweg, Marcel Hossa, Jarkko Immonen, Jaromir Jagr, Lauri Korpikoski, Greg Moore, Michal Nylander, Colton Orr, Petr Prucha, Brendan Shanahan, Martin Straka and Jason Ward.

PLAYERS CURRENTLY INJURED
Forward -- Jed Ortmeyer
Defense -- Sandis Ozolinsh and Michal Rozsival.

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2289

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 04:14 PM
  #2
TheRedressor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United Nations
Posts: 3,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
PLAYERS REASSIGNED TO HARTFORD ON 9/25/06
Goaltenders -- Chris Holt and Alex Westlund.
Defense -- Ryan Constant, Marvin Degon, Mike Gabinet, Bryce Lampman, David Liffiton, Hannu Pikkarainen, Corey Potter, Dale Purinton and Jake Taylor.
Forwards -- Zdenek Bahensky, Dane Byers, Ryan Callahan, Bruce Graham, Mike Hoffman, Hugh Jessiman, Rick Kozak, Francis Lessard, Jakub Petruzalek and Craig Weller.


PLAYERS STILL IN TRAINING CAMP
Goal -- Henrik Lundqvist, Al Montoya, Stephen Valiquette and Kevin Weekes

Defense -- Ivan Baranka, Daniel Girardi, Darius Kasparaitis, Marek Malik, Thomas Pock, Karel Rachunek, Martin Richter, Marc Staal, Fedor Tyutin and Aaron Ward.

Forwards -- Blair Betts, Matt Cullen, Nigel Dawes, Brandon Dubinsky, Lee Falardeau, Adam Hall, Dwight Helminen, Ryan Hollweg, Marcel Hossa, Jarkko Immonen, Jaromir Jagr, Lauri Korpikoski, Greg Moore, Michal Nylander, Colton Orr, Petr Prucha, Brendan Shanahan, Martin Straka and Jason Ward.

PLAYERS CURRENTLY INJURED
Forward -- Jed Ortmeyer
Defense -- Sandis Ozolinsh and Michal Rozsival.

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2289
So pretty much depth wise it looks like:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Shanahan
Hall-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Dubinsky Dawes
Korpikoski-Immonen-Hossa
Falardeau-Helminen-Moore
Orr


I wonder how it is going to play out.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 04:23 PM
  #3
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,700
vCash: 500
no big surprises there, but it'll definitely be interesting to see what goes on between now and opening day

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 04:31 PM
  #4
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
So pretty much depth wise it looks like:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Shanahan
Hall-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Dubinsky Dawes
Korpikoski-Immonen-Hossa
Falardeau-Helminen-Moore
Orr


I wonder how it is going to play out.
I think it would work out well, We know the first line can and has produced, the projected second line looks like it could do some damage. The third has some grit, and solid hard workers. As for the fourth, thats my only question mark, Holleweg is well Holleweg, so no real worries there, the other two are yet to be seen. But I think with minor tweaking if the time arises those four look pretty good.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 04:34 PM
  #5
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
So pretty much depth wise it looks like:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Shanahan
Hall-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Dubinsky Dawes
Korpikoski-Immonen-Hossa
Falardeau-Helminen-Moore
Orr


I wonder how it is going to play out.
that looks nice.. but the ranger organization most likely sees Hossa higher than that... and i too would want to see him create on a line with maybe hall and betts/dubi

(at least for the month of september )

...and question.. is Dawes a RW or LW?

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 04:52 PM
  #6
TheRedressor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United Nations
Posts: 3,810
vCash: 500
i think Dawes is a LW.

My ideal openning night lineup would be:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Shanahan
Dawes-Dubinsky-Hall
Hollweg-Betts-Ward
Orr

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 05:13 PM
  #7
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,695
vCash: 50
Good thing to see Lee Falardeau still there... always liked him!

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 06:10 PM
  #8
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
So pretty much depth wise it looks like:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Shanahan
Hall-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Dubinsky Dawes
Korpikoski-Immonen-Hossa
Falardeau-Helminen-Moore
Orr


I wonder how it is going to play out.
Thinking it over I think Dubinsky should start in Hartford and Immonen with the big club. I like what Hossa has shown so far and I think he should be in the starting lineup opening night. So should Dawes. Korpedo and Moore are very close but should probably start in Hartford. If Korpedo does make it he'll be playing 4th line LW. Helminen is not to far off from the NHL. Falardeau I just dont see making it with the Rangers. Orr will be a scratch. Opening night roster:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Shanahan
Hall-Betts-Ward
Hossa/Hollweg-Immo-Dawes

As for the defense its a shame that there isnt 3 spots open because I feel Baranka and Staal could make the team with Pock making the team for sure.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 06:32 PM
  #9
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Thinking it over I think Dubinsky should start in Hartford and Immonen with the big club. I like what Hossa has shown so far and I think he should be in the starting lineup opening night. So should Dawes. Korpedo and Moore are very close but should probably start in Hartford. If Korpedo does make it he'll be playing 4th line LW. Helminen is not to far off from the NHL. Falardeau I just dont see making it with the Rangers. Orr will be a scratch. Opening night roster:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Shanahan
Hall-Betts-Ward
Hossa/Hollweg-Immo-Dawes

As for the defense its a shame that there isnt 3 spots open because I feel Baranka and Staal could make the team with Pock making the team for sure.
gotta disagree. Both Immo and Helms aren't far off but Dubinsky has really stood out more so far. Of course, preseason still have 4 more games so I think to be fair, let's not make up our minds quite yet. Dubi is in the lead for the roster spot IMO. Immo or Helms really needs to step it up to wrestle that spot away from him. The organization also has Hossa and Orr rated higher so their probably on the roster as well. If Dubi can't maintain his level of play, wouldn't be surprised to see something like...

Dawes-Betts-Ward
Hossa-Hollweg-Hall
Orr

for the "lines getting less ice time." or some mumble jumbo of that. Hall shouldn't be getting "4th line" ice time.

Haven't heard much about Baranka but Staal can definitely use the extra year. I hope Pock keeps improving!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 08:36 PM
  #10
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 81,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Lampman should be on waivers, I would think.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 08:59 PM
  #11
Plato
Registered User
 
Plato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,327
vCash: 100000
suprised to see jagr wasnt sent to hartford

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 09:46 PM
  #12
HenrikO'doyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post
suprised to see jagr wasnt sent to hartford
Me too I was surprised they didnt cut him to save a roster space.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 10:06 PM
  #13
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 13,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
Me too I was surprised they didnt cut him to save a roster space.
Who's Jagr?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 10:32 PM
  #14
Plato
Registered User
 
Plato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,327
vCash: 100000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Who's Jagr?
phillipino mythical creature

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 10:48 PM
  #15
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,732
vCash: 500
well richter and rachunek did not help their value with their play tonight against the isles

as i see it now

pock-malik
ward-?
kasper-tyutin

baranka, staal, and rachunek all fighting for that spot, im not sure who wins it, prob rachunek even though hes looked awful, but so did roszival last year in preseason, we shall see

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 11:10 PM
  #16
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Good thing to see Lee Falardeau still there... always liked him!
Indeed it is good to see him here..

With his size and speed he was worth the gamble. Hindsight is 20/20 and for every stoll that made it how many didn't make it even this far.

As many of us have tried to say about Falardeau for years on this board the guy is a project but can be an effective bottom two line guy.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 11:24 PM
  #17
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
PLAYERS REASSIGNED TO HARTFORD ON 9/25/06
Goaltenders -- Chris Holt and Alex Westlund.
Defense -- Ryan Constant, Marvin Degon, Mike Gabinet, Bryce Lampman, David Liffiton, Hannu Pikkarainen, Corey Potter, Dale Purinton and Jake Taylor.
Forwards -- Zdenek Bahensky, Dane Byers, Ryan Callahan, Bruce Graham, Mike Hoffman, Hugh Jessiman, Rick Kozak, Francis Lessard, Jakub Petruzalek and Craig Weller.


PLAYERS STILL IN TRAINING CAMP
Goal -- Henrik Lundqvist, Al Montoya, Stephen Valiquette and Kevin Weekes

Defense -- Ivan Baranka, Daniel Girardi, Darius Kasparaitis, Marek Malik, Thomas Pock, Karel Rachunek, Martin Richter, Marc Staal, Fedor Tyutin and Aaron Ward.

Forwards -- Blair Betts, Matt Cullen, Nigel Dawes, Brandon Dubinsky, Lee Falardeau, Adam Hall, Dwight Helminen, Ryan Hollweg, Marcel Hossa, Jarkko Immonen, Jaromir Jagr, Lauri Korpikoski, Greg Moore, Michal Nylander, Colton Orr, Petr Prucha, Brendan Shanahan, Martin Straka and Jason Ward.

PLAYERS CURRENTLY INJURED
Forward -- Jed Ortmeyer
Defense -- Sandis Ozolinsh and Michal Rozsival.

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2289

I wanna see Jessiman play. And too bad Callahan has not played in preseason yet.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 11:50 PM
  #18
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Indeed it is good to see him here..

With his size and speed he was worth the gamble. Hindsight is 20/20 and for every stoll that made it how many didn't make it even this far.

As many of us have tried to say about Falardeau for years on this board the guy is a project but can be an effective bottom two line guy.
Yeah, Lee's hanging in there. Good to see.

It's just great to see actual depth in this organization. I just got so sick of hearing how we can't draft of develop a decent player. Maybe the Rangers are beginning to turn things around.


.....fire away TB

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 11:55 PM
  #19
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Yeah, Lee's hanging in there. Good to see.

It's just great to see actual depth in this organization. I just got so sick of hearing how we can't draft of develop a decent player. Maybe the Rangers are beginning to turn things around.


.....fire away TB
I wanna see Jessiman play before the preseason is over, maybe he would get called up before the bruins game. On MSG channel they profile him and they dont show him in any preseason game yet, has he been that bad?? I heard he has been doing very well during the preseason and playing physical.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 12:26 AM
  #20
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
If Greg Moore doesn't make this team it's a friggin shame!

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 12:31 AM
  #21
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
If Greg Moore doesn't make this team it's a friggin shame!
I wanna see Dubinsky Moore Korpikoski and Immonen make the team. Id deal Jason Ward, Betts, Hossa to make it happen. Dubinsky Moore Korpikoski and Immonen have more offensive potential than Ward and Betts. Hossa's time is running out.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 12:31 AM
  #22
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
If Greg Moore doesn't make this team it's a friggin shame!

Hes played great so far, has speed for the NHL, hits, defensively sound, has offensive skill as well. What else are we really asking for a 3/4th liner? Id love to see him and Orr as the last forward (Orr for those rivalry games, like vs the Isles). Moore would be a big upgrade over most of the 4th liners last season.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 12:34 AM
  #23
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
I wanna see Dubinsky Moore Korpikoski and Immonen make the team. Id deal Jason Ward, Betts, Hossa to make it happen. Dubinsky Moore Korpikoski and Immonen have more offensive potential than Ward and Betts. Hossa's time is running out.
Ward has been very solid...better then last year IMO...he should definitely have a spot on the team. Korpi though playing good...but I think will REALLY benefit from a full year in the AHL to really bring his potential out faster.

Immonen i agree with, and Dubinsky like ive said in other posts...I think will also benefit with some time in the AHL.

My opinion on Moore is above.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 12:49 AM
  #24
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Ward has been very solid...better then last year IMO...he should definitely have a spot on the team. Korpi though playing good...but I think will REALLY benefit from a full year in the AHL to really bring his potential out faster.

Immonen i agree with, and Dubinsky like ive said in other posts...I think will also benefit with some time in the AHL.

My opinion on Moore is above.
Ward has been good but id rather see a young kid like Moore or korpikoski get his ice time. Betts is good on pk and faceoffs and that is it. I think Dubinsky or Immonen would add the offense from the bottoms lines we lacked last year. Hollweg should put up solid numbers for a 2ed year agitator.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 07:47 AM
  #25
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
.....fire away TB
Locked and loaded.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.