HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA/NYR-Pittsburgh rumors

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 02:57 PM
nikolai19

vCash: 500
LA-Pittsburgh proposal

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...18_155704_5372

According to this article, LA and the Rangers are interested in Straka, due to the financial constraints upon them because of the Fleury contract. It's quoting a Straka deal as a "salary dump" which it seems like Craig Patrick is fond of with the return that he has recieved for Kovalev and Jagr. That being the case, LA could definitley need someone like Straka due to the unknown progress of Jason Allison and Adam Deadmarsh. Also with Derek Armstrong and Josef Stumpel out for another couple of weeks, center has become a very weak position for LA.

So, knowing that money is a major issue, and LA is not willing to part with Frolov, Brown, or any other high prospects (not to mention that Pittsburgh probably can't handled Frolov's 1.1 million salary and Brown's 1.2 million salary), I propose the following deal

To LA: Martin Straka (4.2 million)

To Pittsburgh: Joe Corvo (500k), Yanick Lehoux (AHL salary), and a 3rd rounder in 2005.

Old
11-18-2003, 03:10 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

no deal. Pens wont want anyone with legal problems, Lehoux isnt bad, and 3rd rounder isnt bad. however, if straka is gone, we'll need somone to fill his spot. preferably a decent scoring winger.

plus, the pens could afford frolov (not that i think LA will give him up). the Pens can afford people who make over 1M a year. tehyre not bank busters.

Old
11-18-2003, 03:16 PM
wingnut 8

vCash:
from a third party i would think

To Kings-Straka and Kraft
To Pitts- 1st rounder, Klatt, and Kuznetzov

Old
11-18-2003, 03:21 PM
nikolai19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut 8
from a third party i would think

To Kings-Straka and Kraft
To Pitts- 1st rounder, Klatt, and Kuznetzov
Counter with

To Kings-Straka
To Pittsburgh-Lehoux and Kuznetsov

Old
11-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...18_155704_5372

According to this article, LA and the Rangers are interested in Straka, due to the financial constraints upon them because of the Fleury contract. It's quoting a Straka deal as a "salary dump" which it seems like Craig Patrick is fond of with the return that he has recieved for Kovalev and Jagr. That being the case, LA could definitley need someone like Straka due to the unknown progress of Jason Allison and Adam Deadmarsh. Also with Derek Armstrong and Josef Stumpel out for another couple of weeks, center has become a very weak position for LA.

So, knowing that money is a major issue, and LA is not willing to part with Frolov, Brown, or any other high prospects (not to mention that Pittsburgh probably can't handled Frolov's 1.1 million salary and Brown's 1.2 million salary), I propose the following deal

To LA: Martin Straka (4.2 million)

To Pittsburgh: Joe Corvo (500k), Yanick Lehoux (AHL salary), and a 3rd rounder in 2005.
Pittsburgh doesn't need Lehoux. However, Kanko, Tambellini, and Rome are all kind of intriguing. Swap out Lehoux with one of those guys, and I think you have a deal.

S L

Old
11-18-2003, 03:25 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Counter with

To Kings-Straka
To Pittsburgh-Lehoux and Kuznetsov
Yuck. I'd rather just have a second rounder.

S L

Old
11-18-2003, 03:34 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

straka is injured prone + expensive + not doing so hot. unless pittsburgh sends some money back, dont expect to get more then lehoux or a draft pick.

Old
11-18-2003, 03:35 PM
Steve Latin*

I also wouldn't mind seeing Gleason in a Pens uni...

S L

Old
11-18-2003, 03:39 PM
nikolai19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin
Pittsburgh doesn't need Lehoux. However, Kanko, Tambellini, and Rome are all kind of intriguing. Swap out Lehoux with one of those guys, and I think you have a deal.

S L

Sub Kanko and go with

Kanko and Kuznetsov for Straka.

Old
11-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Sub Kanko and go with

Kanko and Kuznetsov for Straka.
Craig Patrick would probably be hard pressed to pass up that offer.

S L

Old
11-18-2003, 03:47 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
I also wouldn't mind seeing Gleason in a Pens uni...

S L

i wouldn't mind seeing fleury in a kings uni either...

we'll send over gleason when u send over fleury.

Old
11-18-2003, 03:50 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur

*yawn* .... I think Straka and Kraft would be a fair deal for Gleason. Gleason was traded PLUS future considerations for Smolinski, who is half the player Straka is when Straka is on his game. However, he also makes less money, so who knows?

S L

Old
11-18-2003, 04:01 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
*yawn* .... I think Straka and Kraft would be a fair deal for Gleason. Gleason was traded PLUS future considerations for Smolinski, who is half the player Straka is when Straka is on his game. However, he also makes less money, so who knows?

S L

partially correct. the trade was gleason + future for smolinski BUT we covered all of smolinski's salary for the rest of the year. essentially giving them a free player, no cost.

as for straka and kraft for gleason, that'd be closer to being fair, but if you're suggesting straka for gleason straight up, i'd be laughing so hard. also, how often is straka on his game nowadays? he's nowhere what he used to be.

pittsburgh has very little trade leverage. don't expect to be getting much in return for this trade. he's far too expensive for what he's worth.

Old
11-18-2003, 04:12 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
partially correct. the trade was gleason + future for smolinski BUT we covered all of smolinski's salary for the rest of the year. essentially giving them a free player, no cost.

as for straka and kraft for gleason, that'd be closer to being fair, but if you're suggesting straka for gleason straight up, i'd be laughing so hard. also, how often is straka on his game nowadays? he's nowhere what he used to be.

pittsburgh has very little trade leverage. don't expect to be getting much in return for this trade. he's far too expensive for what he's worth.
I agree, but down the stretch as players get injured and teams start shoring up for the playoffs, Straka's value should increase. Ignoring his +/-, he's been putting up a little over 1/2 ppg playing with nobodies. All things considered, that's not *that* bad considering that he always tended to get more assists than goals. It's hard to do that when nobody on the line is a real finisher.

I don't think he'll fetch much, but if we can package him with Kraft and Abid I'd like to think we can get a decent package. I'm not expecting Frolov or anything, but a few mid-level prospects, draft picks, and some stop-gap veterans should do the trick.

S L

Old
11-18-2003, 05:00 PM
Ozy_Flame

I think the Pens should hold out until the trading deadline, when they are way out of contention and looking to wrap things up for the year. A team who needs some offensive flair will come calling, and offer up a nice package of prospects and/or picks for a #1 winger in Straka. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers made a bid for him, or even New Jersey.

Old
11-18-2003, 05:05 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
I think the Pens should hold out until the trading deadline, when they are way out of contention and looking to wrap things up for the year. A team who needs some offensive flair will come calling, and offer up a nice package of prospects and/or picks for a #1 winger in Straka. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers made a bid for him, or even New Jersey.
Unfortunately, moving him now as opposed to moving him in March will save them a few million dollars of his salary. I think Patrick would rather save the money than get a better return, as evidenced in the Kovalev sale.

S L

Old
11-18-2003, 05:36 PM
Croc

Send a message via ICQ to Croc
What About
Straka
Kraft

for
Pushkarov
3rd roun pick in 2004

Old
11-18-2003, 06:47 PM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
Quote:

.....I love that comeback.....good job!

Old
11-18-2003, 06:52 PM
goldjet

I'll take a stab at a proposal.

Kings get:
Straka
Berehowsky

Pens get:
Corvo
Kuznetsov
Kanko

Old
11-18-2003, 07:00 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croc
What About
Straka
Kraft

for
Pushkarov
3rd roun pick in 2004
Pushkarov ain't going nowhere.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:03 PM
PensFan68

I would like to see Kanko come to the Pens organization, how highly regarded is he with the Kings?

Old
11-18-2003, 07:15 PM
goldjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan68
I would like to see Kanko come to the Pens organization, how highly regarded is he with the Kings?
At the very least, I think the Kings expect to see him become a solid third liner that can chip in offensively.

I would say the best case scenario is that his offense develops and he becomes a top six forward.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:34 PM
Sundin13

Send a message via MSN to Sundin13
Martin Straka to Kings or Rangers?

I was just watching Sportsnet, and apperently, Pittsburgh Penguins is looking to deal away Martin Straka. The Rangers and Kings have expressed interest and a deal may be done sooner rather than later.

Pens Put Straka Up For Sale

Quote:
Pens put Straka up for sale

The cost-conscious Pittsburgh Penguins may have to clear salary room as their rookie phenom goalie closes in on performance bonuses written into his contract.

Sportsnet.ca -- The Pittsburgh Penguins are looking to dump salary and that means they may soon be parting company with Martin Straka.

Or they are at least listening to offers.

Sources have told Sportsnet that both the New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings have inquired about Straka, who is earning $4.3 million this season.

A big reason why the Penguins are looking to dump salary is because rookie Marc-Andre Fleury appears set to cash in on some of the big-money bonuses in his contract. Fleury could earn close to $5 million this season, unless he is dispatched to juniors, but with Mario Lemieux injured the club needs a marquee attraction to sell tickets. Thus, general manager Craig Patrick has to find another way to save a few bucks, meaning moving a front-line player such as Straka.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:34 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

My offer:

Lehoux, Kuznetsov and either Rome or Steckel plus $1 million for Straka and Abid

Old
11-18-2003, 08:05 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
*sigh*

There is no way Sather doesn't jump on this. I just hope it's a sensible deal like Carter for Straka not Moore or some other good prospect. It's not like we'd have room for him anyway so I guess it would have to be like that. Carter makes 2.8/1 year btw.

Closed Thread