HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nigel Dawes making the Team

Old
09-26-2006, 04:30 PM
ebn

vCash: 500
Nigel Dawes making the Team

I see the rangers lines being something like this.

Straka Nylander Jagr
Prucha Cullen Shanahan
Dawes Immonen Hall
Hollweg Betts Ward
Hossa Orr

All Dawes has to do in the next couple of games is show a scoring touch and outplay Hossa. Hossa last year was basicly an extra. With Ortmeyer injured the third line spot is Dawes. Even if they let Hossa play Dawes will be there to play other nights. Rangers need the extra forward and there is no one better than Dawes. The only other thing is Immonen and Betts might be switched. I don't know why I think you can get much more offence form Immonen.

ebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 04:42 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn View Post

Straka Nylander Jagr
Prucha Cullen Shanahan
Dawes Immonen Hall
Hollweg Betts Ward
Hossa Orr

All Dawes has to do in the next couple of games is show a scoring touch and outplay Hossa. Hossa last year was basicly an extra. With Ortmeyer injured the third line spot is Dawes. Even if they let Hossa play Dawes will be there to play other nights. Rangers need the extra forward and there is no one better than Dawes. The only other thing is Immonen and Betts might be switched. I don't know why I think you can get much more offence form Immonen.

Seems a reasonable assessment to me ebn.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 650
the ? is
is that a serious cup contending line-up?

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 04:50 PM
ebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post
the ? is
With Jagr and Shanahan it is. However Immonen and Dawes have to do good. If Dawes can score and Immonen can score then we are more dangerous than last year. However, with Ortmeyer and Moore gone I hope Immonen and Dawes can kill penalties effectively. You have to remember Immonen and Dawes played on the same line in Hartford last year and scored a bunch of goals. I wonder if they will be reunited in New York?

Old
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Here's hoping he justifies my avatar.

Rangers_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Personally i dont think it is a cup contending bottom 6. But I have another question: Is that what the coaching staff is projecting to happen this season, or is this rebuilding V.2 ? I dont know the answer to that.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
the ? is
And that's the big question--I'm sure that after last year and the fact that Jagr only has a couple of years left at this level of play management is not going to let the concept rebuilding get in the way.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
the ? is
Ok, so if Dawes and Immonen dont make the team a Cup Contender, does Hossa and Orr do it? Or are you suggesting we make a trade to acquire two more vets for the bottom 2 lines? At this point, who in the Rangers system would be an upgrade over Dawes and Immonen?

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:00 PM
ebn

Last Nights game Plus minus

Guys doess anybody know last nights game plaus minus. Especially Immonen and Dawes. Who was on the ice for all the third period goals?

Old
09-26-2006, 05:02 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I don't know if it's a Cup contending roster yet, but it's certainly an ugrade over last year.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:09 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
I don't know if it's a Cup contending roster yet, but it's certainly an ugrade over last year.
I think Hall will have a breakout year and score 20. He will help our PP and with Immonen and Dawes if those are his lineups will help his offense as well.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Guys doess anybody know last nights game plaus minus. Especially Immonen and Dawes. Who was on the ice for all the third period goals?
So? It's not like they would be the go-to guys in a one goal game during the regular season (assuming they make the roster).

Old
09-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Ola

Good post EBN, its a option thats possible, if Dawes plays really really well.

BUT can we please hold back some on the threads. Right now everyone are talking about pretty much the same thing, in 20 diffrent threads. All of these threads kind of belongs in the final roster thread...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:14 PM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
I think Hall will have a breakout year and score 20. He will help our PP and with Immonen and Dawes if those are his lineups will help his offense as well.
I hope you are right but believe you are wrong. TAHE GUY AVERAGES 25 POINTS A YEAR LET ALONE 20 GOALS. HE NEEDS TO BRING ENTHUSIASM AND PHYSICALITY TO THE TEAM TO MAKE A CONTRIBUTION

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:19 PM
ebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
So? It's not like they would be the go-to guys in a one goal game during the regular season (assuming they make the roster).
It doesn't matter if they are the goto guys. Immonen and Dawes are offensive players. Yes you want them to play good definsively and obviously kill penalties.
However they can score and must score at least more than Moore and Ortmeyer did last year. Look at Immonen 1 goal one assist. Look at his line mates for last nights game. How the hell is he going to score on those lines. You put Dawes with Immonen like in Hartford last year and you got some offence.

Old
09-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Limey FK

Send a message via AIM to Limey FK
Unfortunately, I think that Betts has that 3rd line LW spot locked up at this point. Additionally, I also think Renney likes what Hossa brings from a grinding/pk style.

Although you can't outright say that Renney is wrong, his POV could certainly be validated. Personally, I agree with your lineup.

Limey FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:22 PM
DontStaal

Quote:

Straka Nylander Jagr
Prucha Cullen Shanahan
Dawes Immonen Hall
Hollweg Betts Ward
Hossa Orr

nice i like

but how certain can we be that immonen will start over dubi?

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
It doesn't matter if they are the goto guys. Immonen and Dawes are offensive players. Yes you want them to play good definsively and obviously kill penalties.
However they can score and must score at least more than Moore and Ortmeyer did last year. Look at Immonen 1 goal one assist. Look at his line mates for last nights game. How the hell is he going to score on those lines. You put Dawes with Immonen like in Hartford last year and you got some offence.
I don't disagree--but remember, management already has a pretty good idea of what Immonen and Dawes can do together; pre-season is a time to get to know how players--especially young players--repond in different situations.

Old
09-26-2006, 05:30 PM
ebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
nice i like

but how certain can we be that immonen will start over dubi?
Well you can't be certail but I get a hunch that Immonen has a 1 year in Hartfort and Dubinsky doesn't. Dubinsky atleast played with Dawes. Immonen with no one and still set up the only scoring chances in the game. Dubinsky is a great player but could use a year in the minors. Immonen has a year in the minors is more familiar with North American play than last year and has chemistry with Dawes from last year.

Old
09-26-2006, 05:32 PM
ebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I don't disagree--but remember, management already has a pretty good idea of what Immonen and Dawes can do together; pre-season is a time to get to know how players--especially young players--repond in different situations.
You are probably right about that. Now that the roster has been trimmed maybe we will see Immonen and Dawes in the final prea season games.

Old
09-26-2006, 05:42 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
I hope you are right but believe you are wrong. TAHE GUY AVERAGES 25 POINTS A YEAR LET ALONE 20 GOALS. HE NEEDS TO BRING ENTHUSIASM AND PHYSICALITY TO THE TEAM TO MAKE A CONTRIBUTION
He's a young player who has the potential to be a power foward. I believe he scored 16 goals in his first or 2nd year there is no reason to write him off. I think he has potential and with a new chance and the right role he could easily score 20 goals.

easton122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Ok, so if Dawes and Immonen dont make the team a Cup Contender, does Hossa and Orr do it? Or are you suggesting we make a trade to acquire two more vets for the bottom 2 lines? At this point, who in the Rangers system would be an upgrade over Dawes and Immonen?
im didnt say that in refference to just those guys i mean all the players overall

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122 View Post
He's a young player who has the potential to be a power foward. I believe he scored 16 goals in his first or 2nd year there is no reason to write him off. I think he has potential and with a new chance and the right role he could easily score 20 goals.
He had 16 points, not goals. He had 10 goals, 16 points.

I believe of that 10, a big chunk came in like the first 15 or 20 games.

Funny thing with Hossa is that this isn't a guy who was a huge AHL scorer either. He's essentially had one pro season were he came close to putting it all together, back in 03.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:53 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

Funny thing with Hossa is that this isn't a guy who was a huge AHL scorer either. He's essentially had one pro season were he came close to putting it all together, back in 03.

Edge, I think there talking about Adam Hall, thanks to JO41's little detour here -

Quote:

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:54 PM
ebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

Edge he had 16 goals and like 12 assists. Look it up. I did. www.hockeydb.com