HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

29 left...I think.

Old
09-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
I'd think there could be a few start on IR (Parros, McCauly). Since neither has played yet.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
I'd think there could be a few start on IR (Parros, McCauly). Since neither has played yet.
Read that McCauley plans to play in one of the next few pre-season games.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
3 people = just about everyone who was there

But hey I'll admit I was in the Freebie nosebleed 300's last night, but from up there he looked slower than I remember Parros looking from my 200's and 100's I sat in last year ... but hey it's also not up to you or me, it's up to Crawford, and it's looking more and more obvious that maybe only one {at best maybe 2} of Parros, Cowan, Ivanans, or Kostopoulos remain on this team, as it's looking more and more like Kopitar and O'Sullivan will both remain ... if it were me, I'd pick Kostopoulos and Parros with the 'stache riding the press box most nights ... however, there is also something to be said for sending Parros down and seeing if he can gain more ice time and get better in Manchester ... I think it was Osprey **?} in another thread that said it too, I'd rather win the GAME than the fight, and personally I don't see that neither Ivanans nor Parros nor Cowan really bring all that much that will help us win games.
I was in the 300's also but he was skating very well IMO. Don't get me wrong he wasn't flying on the ice but for an enforcer he looked like a really good skater. There was a number of times where he skated up the ice and caught up to the man with the puck. He also did a good job along the boards fighting for the puck and made smart plays in the neutral zone. He showed me a lot when he assisted on Kostopolous' goal. He did a great job fighting off the defenders and controlling the puck. I might be wrong but my friend and I really payed attention to him through out the whole game and there's no doubt in my mind if, he keeps playing like he did last night he will beat out Parros.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 10:02 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
To respond to johnjm's post, though, it's my opinion that Parros is more replaceable than Cowan is.
The thing I like about Parros though is he always improving, and always working on his game. Everytime I see him he looks better then he was before.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Right now we have a total of 24 players on 1-way contracts. I'm guessing that both PO and AK make the team. That gives us a total of 26 players, so we'll either need move some players via trade, or put them on waivers. If DL can't find an adequate trading partner then I think Weaver, Labarbera, and Cowan will all get put on waivers.

That would give us a 23 man roster of:

O'Sully-Conroy-Cammalleri
Frolov-Kopitar-Brown
Thornton-McCauly-Avery
Belanger-Armstrong-Willsie

Blake-Gleason
Vish-Norstrom
Miller-Sopel

Cloutier
Garon

Scratchesarros, Kostopoulos, Dallman
I think this would be my roster with the exception of Ivanans instead of Parros. I like the pairings and line combos but after watching last nights game, I wouldn't want Gleason to get all the ice time he would get with Blake.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Except when Ivanans' pass is what lead to what was thought the game winning goal.
a.) game tieing goal, the 3rd goal ... so what game were you watching {j/k}

b.) Ooooooooooooo, the goone got ONE assist aleart the Media clear a spot at the Hockey HOF for him, he PWNS! hey didn't Parros got A GOAL last year ? {nope checked it out he scored TWO ... see he's WAY better than Ivanans }

c.) I know an 'enforcer' can still be a part of a winning team, but would you really rather have Ivanans out on the ice EVERY night for 2 or 3 minutes, or would you rather give Kostopoulos or Willsie the spot and have Crawford ice a legit 4th line that can skate 8 to 12 minutes a night ?

d.) IF O'Sullivan AND Kopitar are Both on the team, Kostopoulos, Willsie, or whoever would even be up in the press box unless someone is injured.
Conroy, Frolov, Cammalleri / Kopitar, O'Sullivan, Brown / Belanger, Avery, Thornton / Armstrong, McCauley, ( 1 spot )

d.) Whatever, I'm fine IF Ivanans gets to stay up and be " THE ENFORCER ! " so many of you guys want, hell maybe he can win a fight or two, but regardless if it's him or Parros or Cowan, does it really matter THAT MUCH except for the braging rights after a fight, and since both teams usually want to think their guy won the fight, come on does it really impact the game much anymore ?

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:

b.) Ooooooooooooo, the goone got ONE assist aleart the Media clear a spot at the Hockey HOF for him, he PWNS! hey didn't Parros got A GOAL last year ? {nope checked it out he scored TWO ... see he's WAY better than Ivanans }

c.) I know an 'enforcer' can still be a part of a winning team, but would you really rather have Ivanans out on the ice EVERY night for 2 or 3 minutes, or would you rather give Kostopoulos or Willsie the spot and have Crawford ice a legit 4th line that can skate 8 to 12 minutes a night ?

d.) IF O'Sullivan AND Kopitar are Both on the team, Kostopoulos, Willsie, or whoever would even be up in the press box unless someone is injured.
Conroy, Frolov, Cammalleri / Kopitar, O'Sullivan, Brown / Belanger, Avery, Thornton / Armstrong, McCauley, ( 1 spot )

d.) Whatever, I'm fine IF Ivanans gets to stay up and be " THE ENFORCER ! " so many of you guys want, hell maybe he can win a fight or two, but regardless if it's him or Parros or Cowan, does it really matter THAT MUCH except for the braging rights after a fight, and since both teams usually want to think their guy won the fight, come on does it really impact the game much anymore ?
An enforcer is still an integral part of the game as is intimadation. Luckily, the Kings have Scott Thornton playing everyday in case Parros or Ivanans doesnt dress. If not, the Kings would get punked. Look at Phoenix, look at the Ducks...Thornton, Moen, Fedoruk, O'D, Grattan, Laraque, Morris.

Guys like Cammy, O'Sully, and Brown will skate around and do there thing a lot better and feel safer with a guy like Ivanans, Parros, or Thornton on the ice rather than Kostopolous or Cowan.

Old
09-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:

Dude smoke a joint or something and relax. It seems like every post of yours is an extremely defensive one.

All I'm saying is that he's not as bad as you seem to think he is, and that he can contribute to the team. I never even got into fighting.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 12:11 AM
bland

It's a damn shame that Army's actually looked pretty decent so far. I was really hoping he'd clear waivers and be sent to mentor the kids in Manchester.

Parros may be sent back east under the guise of a "conditioning assignment", which may be his home for a while until the new staff can get a handle on his ability. He's a pretty heady player hindered by a slow body.

Kostopolous is another smart player who talents don't often show up on the scoresheet. He may be the best King in the neutral zone - he makes smart reads and forces the opposition to make quick decisions. I don't think any forward caused as many turnovers as Kostopolous last season, and he was the prime reason why Belanger and Avery had so many quality chances on the attack. I'd much rather keep him in the line-up than Armstrong, Belanger, Cowan, Ivanans and Parros.

Belanger should be trade bait once McCauley has recovered. However, as someone who has been clearly down on Belanger for the last couple of seasons, I'm actually a little excited to see how he will play without the "stopper" tag firmly planted. He was at his most impressive when he played behind Stumpel and Smolinski, and didn't have to take any key defensive shifts. McCauley, Conroy, and even Kopitar look to have a better command of their position's defensive responsibility. Without that shackle, Belanger can go back to being what he at one time was: a pleasant surpirse when you have no expectations.

Cowan is Cowan - he skates well, hits hard, pinches in for 8-10 goals, fights and gets concussed. If he can't stick here, somebody will take him on the cheap. I'd rather see him stay.

Ivanans' agility has really impressed me - for a guy who couldn't hack it as a stay-at-home defenseman, I was expecting a Mr. Mollasus contender. He moves fairly well and actually intimidates the opposition (until the gloves are dropped, but nobody's perfect )

Willsie? Who the hell knows. I depends where he lines up. If it's in the top-6, we may be in trouble or pleasantly surprised. If it's in the bottom-6, I'd rather keep Kostopolous.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see Dustin Brown shipped to Manchester until he "get's it". He's like Gleason - not ready to assume a major role, but too far behind the other players at the bottom of the line-up. Dallman is flat out better than Gleason, and most of the Kings' forwards are well ahead of Brown. He'll stay because of the hitting and potential, but he's in desperate need of a confidence transplant.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:29 AM
Venom_17

**** seriously who gives a **** about Cowan and Parros. Those ********** don't contribute **** to this team, not now, not in the future, not ever. Make way for the kids its their ****ing time!

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:44 AM
Osprey

Just thinking out loud, but, if injuries beset the defense this year, I wonder if they'd dare try out Ivanans in his old defensman position. Hmm. Actually, I'm a tad surprised that they didn't have him play D in one of the scrimmages, just out of curiousity.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:47 AM
Venom_17

Quote:
Just thinking out loud, but, if injuries beset the defense this year, I wonder if they'd dare try out Ivanans in his old defensman position. Hmm. Actually, I'm a tad surprised that they didn't have him play D in one of the scrimmages, just out of curiousity.
I actually don't mind that idea, 'Sprey. Perhaps his skating might hurt him in the "new NHL", especially on the blueline.

Old
09-27-2006, 03:07 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17 View Post
Perhaps his skating might hurt him in the "new NHL", especially on the blueline.
He can keep up with forwards, remember, so I can't imagine that that would be a problem. The guy can skate and is absolutely huge. Like Boyle, if he could work out at D, he'd be a beast.

Last edited by Osprey: 09-27-2006 at 03:13 AM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 03:26 AM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
The thing I like about Parros though is he always improving, and always working on his game. Everytime I see him he looks better then he was before.
Of course Parros looks better than before. It's all about the Stache.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
He can keep up with forwards, remember, so I can't imagine that that would be a problem. The guy can skate and is absolutely huge. Like Boyle, if he could work out at D, he'd be a beast.
Maybe his backward skating isn't so hot?

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Matt13

Quote:
**** seriously who gives a **** about Cowan and Parros. Those ********** don't contribute **** to this team, not now, not in the future, not ever. Make way for the kids its their ****ing time!

I just don't even know what to say to this.

First off, they do serve a role. When Fedoruk was about to pound the snot out of Avery at the Pond last season who came in and saved his ***? Jeff Cowan. The guy hits, remember when he sent Nils Ekman head over heels? They may not be finesse players but they serve a role. Every team has players like these guys on the team, for a purpose, they serve a roll. Did the Yotes really just pay 2 million a year to George Laraque? Yeah they did.

To think that we should bench one of these guys to let someone like Push or whomever play on the third or 4th line is just laughable, especially when we play a tough team.

Last edited by Matt13: 09-27-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:06 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
They may not be finesse players but they serve a roll.

She's a finesse player AND she serves rolls!

(sorry - couldn't resist )

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:07 AM
King Blazer

Anybody hearing anything (timeline) on McCauley, Willsie and/or Parros?

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post

She's a finesse player AND she serves rolls!

(sorry - couldn't resist )

I could serve a knuckle sandwich on a roll!

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:14 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
Anybody hearing anything (timeline) on McCauley, Willsie and/or Parros?
Apparently they'll be back before the end of the season...and it'll be like 3 free agent acquisitions for free!!!

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 12:19 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
http://cgi.ebay.com/Reading-Royals-E...QQcmdZViewItem

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
400 for an ECHL jersey? No thanks.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Venom_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
I just don't even know what to say to this.

First off, they do serve a role. When Fedoruk was about to pound the snot out of Avery at the Pond last season who came in and saved his ***? Jeff Cowan. The guy hits, remember when he sent Nils Ekman head over heels? They may not be finesse players but they serve a role. Every team has players like these guys on the team, for a purpose, they serve a roll. Did the Yotes really just pay 2 million a year to George Laraque? Yeah they did.

To think that we should bench one of these guys to let someone like Push or whomever play on the third or 4th line is just laughable, especially when we play a tough team.

One word: Ivanans.

We don't need three of these guys in the lineup.

Cowan is nothing but a punching bag, anyway.

Old
09-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Venom_17

And just because the Coyotes paid Laraque 2M doesn't mean it was a GOOD move.

If I remember correctly, ol' Georgie was a healthy scratch for most of the playoffs...and the Oil were better with him OUT of the lineup.

Old
09-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
And just because the Coyotes paid Laraque 2M doesn't mean it was a GOOD move.

If I remember correctly, ol' Georgie was a healthy scratch for most of the playoffs...and the Oil were better with him OUT of the lineup.
Actually, ding ding ding wrong answer. He played in 15 out of 22 playoff games, that more than half. And, a lot of the Oilers said that the changing point in the series with the Ducks was when he pounded Fedoruk. Todd was throwing the body all series, running guys and Laraque gave his team momentum to get pumped and throw the body back. After that guys like Torres ran around like they were protected by God, they knew who came near them would have to answer to big Georges.

On a team like the Kings with guys like Brown and Avery, someone needs to back those guys up.