HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Niittymaki Torn Labrum

Old
09-27-2006, 02:14 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsson Schmilsson View Post
Remember Dave Babych?

Add this particular manner of treating players to the way Roger Neilson was treated and the way Clarke generally conducts business around the league and you have one classy organization over there. Yup.

Anyway - hope Nittymaki doesn't get this same treatment. He's a good young player and it would be a shame to see him end up in a situation where an injury like this becomes chronic because a ruthless and classless GM won't give him a chance to heal properly.[/bitter truth]
Ok, first of all, buy a clue. Clarke has no say as to whether or not a player comes back. That's what the medical staff is all about. Clarke has no input on whether the doctor will release a player medically.

As for the whole Dave Babych thing, once again, you fail to recognize Clarke had NOTHING to do with it. That was even proven in court. The only people to talk to Babych were the doctors and Neilson. It was Babych who ultimately decided to take the cortisone shots. Yes, the doctor was found liable because he shouldn't have released Babych to play, but once again, that had nothing to do with Clarke.

Do you honestly think any doctor wants to lose their license because some General Manger told them that they need to medically release a player? Come on. As for Primeau, when did he come back early? Last time I checked, when he came back for the 2005 - 2006 season, he was medically cleared and passed all his baseline tests. When he suffered another concussion in that season, he didn't come back. Primeau also admitted that he suffered concussions and told no one about it. Same with Lindros. How can you blame Clarke for that one? Oh right, it's because he "forced" them to play while injured.

If you want to spew crap, at least have an iota of what you're talking about. Is Clarke ruthless? Well, does a bear **** in the woods? However, Clarke has absolutely ZERO say when it comes to a doctor medically releasing a player to play. Buy a clue retard.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:17 AM
Rattray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bletchley View Post
****** Maki...

this sucks..
no comment...

Rattray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 04:58 AM
Jester

Quote:
Remember Dave Babych?

Add this particular manner of treating players to the way Roger Neilson was treated and the way Clarke generally conducts business around the league and you have one classy organization over there. Yup.

Anyway - hope Nittymaki doesn't get this same treatment. He's a good young player and it would be a shame to see him end up in a situation where an injury like this becomes chronic because a ruthless and classless GM won't give him a chance to heal properly.[/bitter truth]
this F'ing drives me crazy.

they treated Roger Neilson perfectly f'ing fine. the man had friggin cancer, which eventually killed him. the DOCTOR told the Flyers not to let him behind the bench. THE DOCTOR. Neilson was ignoring his doctors advice by arguing that he should be back behind the bench, the Flyers didn't. so, the big bad Flyers were so mean to him by telling him that he couldn't coach from the bench and having him involved from a seat in a box?

christ.

completely ignorant and unfair criticism of the Flyers when it comes to this situation.

btw, that same "ruthless and classless GM" is the head of an organization that gets nothing but rave reviews from 99% of the players that come through the door. same ruthless and classless GM paid, for no reason other than it was a nice thing to do, for Chris Therien to have his knee surgery in south jersey when he was no longer Flyers property after trading him to Dallas. same organization that has loyalty to former players to a fault.

go troll elsewhere.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:55 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Put Sami in goal maybe his brother Kimmo who is a good goalie has taught him a couple of things ^^

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 06:35 AM
Steve L*

Sorry guys, it was my fault. On my fantasy team, I already have 4 players injured plus one on a drunk driving charge.

Ive always been a jinx with my teams.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 06:44 AM
Blindsided

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
From HockeyBuzz.com:
If it turns out Antero Niittymäki needs hip surgery and is out 4 to 6 weeks
I hope everyone realizes that this is just an estimate for the recovery time. Its gonna take hime a while to get back into game shape so if he does need surgery, he may not come back until Christmas time. Like i said before, the last time it took him 3 months for recovery time and to get back into game shape and if they get lucky, it'll be the same amount of time too.

Blindsided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:06 AM
Matti_A

Ok, this is just unbelievable. Finnish goalies are cursed. Just look at the injuries from the past year:

Pasi Nurminen: Career ending knee-injury training camp 05.
Kari Lehtonen: Groin injury game one 05-06 season.
Miikka Kiprusoff: Hip injury Dec.-Jan. 05-06
Hannu Toivonen: Ankle injury Jan. 06
Kari Lehtonen: Ankle injury April 06
Jani Hurme: wrist-injury AHL playoffs 06
Antero Niittymäki: Groin injury May 06
Pekka Rinne: Shoulder injury training camp 06

Matti_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:19 AM
RoDu

Quote:
Remember Dave Babych?

bugger off

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Nitty

Send a message via MSN to Nitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti_A View Post
Ok, this is just unbelievable. Finnish goalies are cursed. Just look at the injuries from the past year:

Pasi Nurminen: Career ending knee-injury training camp 05.
Kari Lehtonen: Groin injury game one 05-06 season.
Miikka Kiprusoff: Hip injury Dec.-Jan. 05-06
Hannu Toivonen: Ankle injury Jan. 06
Kari Lehtonen: Ankle injury April 06
Jani Hurme: wrist-injury AHL playoffs 06
Antero Niittymäki: Groin injury May 06
Pekka Rinne: Shoulder injury training camp 06

Oh, yes, I really think that every Finnish goalies are cursed. I'm still in "shock". I just can't believe that Nitty is once again injured. That's so unbelievable. This is not good for Flyers', 'cause Esche is what he is, and if Flyers won't find good goalie their season will be ruined.

Nitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:45 AM
pelts35.com

I do hope that Hitch learned a lesson from last season when he played Niittymaki in every game while Esche was out which, IMO, was a big reason as to why his play in the 2nd half of the season was not as good as the first.

I found Esche's comments about being unhappy about the injury because he likes the competition to be entertaining. His play in training camp has been less than stellar and he may very well find himself competing with Houle or whoever the Flyers trade for/pick up on waivers.

As for the discussion regarding Sean Burke, I'd rather see them get a younger guy like Craig Anderson (who just cleared waivers for Florida) or Michael Leighton instead of Burke who is very injury prone. Phoenix has a logjam of goalies with Morrison, LeNeveu and Sauve as well.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:20 AM
DXFlyers

Ok, lets not hit the panic button yet. First, yes Esche is having a horrible pre-season and he is soft as a cupcake. Maybe he will step up, who knows. But Houle is having a great pre-season. He ended last year with the Phantoms on a roll. He was the best player on the Phantoms last year and he has shown nothing but promise. I think Houle has a good shot to be #1 while Niitty is out.

DXFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:23 AM
ArchieIsGod

if this happend b4 training camp i wouldnt be as worried but after last nights game especially, 5 goals on 16 shots from esche...well enough said

ArchieIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 10:03 AM
bungle
Casual Observer

Problem here is that even if Nitty does come back in 6-8 weeks, how long will it be before he's playing at his best? He said himself that it took months to feel 100% after his surgery in May, and the fact that he re-injured himself suggests he resumed playing too early.

A team that has Esche as their #1 goaltender is not going to win squat. Clarke needs to make a trade and start the season right. Then Nitty can come back and get fully healthy without the pressure of knowing Esche is stinking it up every night he is absent.

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 10:46 AM
bungle
Casual Observer

Seems that Tim Panaccio likes Brian Boucher as a possible trade

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2970

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 10:53 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0flyers View Post

Please no. The last thing that this team needs is two goalies that are head cases. Esche and Boucher are basically the same goalie.

Old
09-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Susanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
why couldnt it be hatcher.

Why couldn't it be esche???!!!??? Perkele helveti!!!!!

Susanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Matti_A

What about Jamie Storr?
What's his situation?

He was with the Flyers last season, I think he could be a capable backup.

Matti_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:18 AM
DXFlyers

Quote:
What about Jamie Storr?
What's his situation?

Please God No. He couldnt make it with the Phantoms. He is now sucking up Europe.

DXFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:26 AM
i am dave

They SHOULD go with Eshche / Beauchemin.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:27 AM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0flyers View Post

Rather have him than Burke.

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:37 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
What about Jamie Storr?
What's his situation?

Last season Hitch didn't trust him enough to play in one game. Given that they didn't re-sign him it's safe to say that he still doesn't.

Old
09-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Nitty

Send a message via MSN to Nitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
Why couldn't it be esche???!!!??? Perkele helveti!!!!!

I agree with you Why in the hell it has to be Nitty?! Why it couldn't be Esche?!?!

Vittu. Life sucks.

Nitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Tat2dRich

Send a message via Yahoo to Tat2dRich
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitkanenPower View Post
6-8 weeks. Could be worse, folks.

"Torn Labrum" - this year's "Sports Hernia"... which was last year's "Lisfranc Injury"

A little bit differebt than that. A torn labrum is epidemic to "butterfly" goalies. No one ever hear of it until the stand-up style lost favor

Tat2dRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:08 PM
HockeyJim17

I like the idea of picking one up off of waivers in the next couple of days when teams have to cut down to the final roster to begin the season. Goalies like Jason Labarbara or JS Aubin will probably be exposed at that time to pick up for free instead of having to trade something of value.

HockeyJim17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:16 PM
PuckNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyJim17 View Post
I like the idea of picking one up off of waivers in the next couple of days when teams have to cut down to the final roster to begin the season. Goalies like Jason Labarbara or JS Aubin will probably be exposed at that time to pick up for free instead of having to trade something of value.
Exactly. I don't know why a trade would be necessary. There's a possibility of quite a few goalies that would be decent back-ups and even a few that could be starters in the near future. Why bother trading for someone, especially when it's just going to be for 6-8 weeks.

PuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote