HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Loss

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Rschmitz

vCash: 500
Loss

This looked eerily similiar to the Washington game. Goalie standing on his head, lots of wierd goals. I don't think we lost because of a lack of effort, but this team has to find a way to get goals when the other goalie is standing on his head. I think the Chief did a good job at pointing out ways to score tonight...like going to the net and shooting the puck to afford a rebound.

Old
11-11-2003, 05:57 PM
petec1978*

They got 2 lucky bounces and a horsespit 5-on-3 power play goal. I'm sure the true believers in PantherNation will run their mouths about their false messiah Rick Dudley now.

Easiest way to shut them up too: point to the standings.

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by petec1978
They got 2 lucky bounces and a horsespit 5-on-3 power play goal. I'm sure the true believers in PantherNation will run their mouths about their false messiah Rick Dudley now.

Easiest way to shut them up too: point to the standings.

-Pete Choquette
Easiest way to piss off a TB fan: point to the all-time series

Why can't TB fans admit when their team got outplayed? The past 2 games you haven't looked good compared to the previous 9. There's no doubt TB is a solid, playoff-caliber team...you just got beat this one game. Just hope you guys don't fall into a slump...then what would happen

Old
11-11-2003, 06:10 PM
petec1978*

Lean on your crutch little Panther fan. Are you going to tell us about the good old days when Skrudland and Vanbiesbrouk cheated their way into the finals and then got swept out like the trash they were too?

Just like the Caps fans, I wonder how it must feel to know that the highlight of your season will be a lucky win in November against the Lightning?

Only 66 more games for your players to make their golfing reservations Panther Nation. "Fore!"

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Flycoon*

It's the pity factor from the refs tonight. They were embarrassed that professional hockey players are being coached by a guy with a bird's nest or a tangle of brown yarn or whatever that abomination is on top of Dudley's bald head is. Doofus looks every bit the clown he is.

Congrats, 'turd fans. This was your Stanley Cup Final. It's all down hill from here.

Time for Tortorella to move a few guys around and make the matchups a bit more difficult.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Holly Gunning

Wow, you can really feel the hockey love in this room. It's heartwarming.

Old
11-11-2003, 11:02 PM
petec1978*

If you're really lucky Holly, maybe one day we'll hate the Thrashers and their fans the way we hate the Panthers and their fans too!

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-12-2003, 03:44 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
Wow, you can really feel the hockey love in this room. It's heartwarming.
Its just the rivalry has grown so much and I think its good for hockey in the state as a whole. TB fans have to live with the fact that FL leads the all-time series and FL fans have to live with the fact that TB is a stronger team right now. Its just TB fans won't admit that they loss to what they consider a inferior team and will blame everything from luck to refs to Dudley. Your team just got shut down in one game...it happens but you don't have to like, just live with it.

Thank you Bolt fans and I look forward to more wins over TB in the Nextel Challenge this yr

Old
11-12-2003, 04:10 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPanther
TB fans have to live with the fact that FL leads the all-time series and FL fans have to live with the fact that TB is a stronger team right now.
Dude, Tampa trails practically EVERY TEAM in the league in all-time series, I think they might have a slight winning record against one western team, but that's about it (I'd have to look it up, don't have my Media Guide with me). This is not something any Tampa fan loses sleep over.

Old
11-14-2003, 05:35 PM
aapbolt

such is life

Personally, what irritates me the most is the fact that the panturds started out ahead of the game because of the way they were able to draft players when they first came into the league versus the way the bolts came into the league. Then we had to put up with panther fans ragging all over us because they were the newer team and doing so well. Well these things go in cycles and now it is the Bolts turn we will enjoy it for now and take our lumps when they come our way. One game does not make a season and it is a long season. Let us see who makes the playoffs and who is a pretender at the end of the season. We rarely use the excuse of "the refs stole one" except when it is true. In fact most of us here do not wear rose colored glasses when talking about our team- we recognize the positives and the negatives- which i would say most panther fans do not. What is good is that hockey is alive and well in florida and that it keeps getting better. I would suggest that you take things in perspective and relish a win but do not go overboard- as the caps fans seem to like to do - and who just learned a lesson tonight.

Old
11-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Crossbar

Quote:
Does it use the word "for" monkey? No. Therefore its a MISTAKE. You know, like what happened when your father and mother chose not to use contraception? MISTAKE.
The article was listing positive trades, thats spelled P-O-S-I-T-I-V-E, positives like Pete being banned from using a computer at the mental hospital.

Quote:
Except he wasn't a starter in Tampa and he was eating $1.5M of a payroll that at the time was under $30M. Contrary to little Ricky and Val Bure, we don't waste a large percentage of limited economic resources on a largely useless player.
Was I talking about TB?? NO. Is Weekes STARTING in Carolina?? YES. Weekes is the guy with the red jersey spelled W-E-E-K-E-S...this is the color red, RED, got it now??? Hence the trade was a bust for big bad Jay Feaster which is a negative, thats spelled N-E-G-A-T-I-V-E, negatives like your in this world. So if you can't establish that the writer was referring to the list of Dudley's POSITIVES like trading FOR Khabibulin and Weekes thats your problem not ours. Val Bure has 10pts in 8 games turd, stop trying to think you know about hockey cause you don't.

Old
11-17-2003, 07:12 PM
Rschmitz

This guy is still here?

Old
11-17-2003, 11:43 PM
petec1978*

Quote:
The article was listing positive trades, thats spelled P-O-S-I-T-I-V-E
WHAT PART OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!! Good journalism isn't supposed to be like interpretive art. There is no such thing as an implied "for". The article makes a CLEAR error (two, actually). If you don't have the ability to read the English language and understand that it was a mistake that Libero omitted the word "for", then you need to go back to remedial English 101 and hit the old Huked on Fonix coloring book some more with your buddy CHaos2k.

Quote:
Was I talking about TB?? NO.
The article was, you dumb***. Kevin Weekes couldn't satisfactorilly fill the starting goaltender position in Tampa Bay thus neccessitating the Khabi trade. Period.

Quote:
Val Bure has 10pts in 8 games turd
So now what? We've switched from quoting out of fashion cancelled gameshow lines to pretending to be Stan's sister from South Park? God the ladies must be lining up for a catch like you.

You aren't really dumb enough to think Val Bure, eating over 1/10th of your payroll, is going to be a point a game player for you after scoring just 28 points all of last year, are you? Wait, look who I'm talking to. OF COURSE you're stupid enough to believe Val Bure is worth his $3M+ salary. God ignorance must be bliss for you!

Now if you don't mind, that's the EIGHTH time on four separate threads on two boards I've had to explain why your sad little flimsy article is incorrect. I grow weary of explaining the mysteries of the English language and why "Former GM Rick Dudley, who now runs Tampa's archenemy in the Florida Panthers, was bold enough to obtain Nikolai Khabibulin and trade a solid goalkeeper in Kevin Weekes" is wrong, so if you want to continue this discussion do us all a favor, truck your sorry little behind into your bathroom and hash it out with your one and only remaining friend in the whole world, Rosey Palm, because everyone here is sick of you wasting the bandwidth on the same tired flawed material.

Clear? Good.

Hasta.

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-18-2003, 03:17 AM
Sotnos

If this topic isn't a dead horse, then I don't know what is.

If you want to post here Crossbar, you'd better bring something new to the table next time. Quoting stuff from a thread that's already closed to continue a pointless argument is a BIG pet peeve of mine. Drop it and move on.

Closed Thread