HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

the deal with steve moore

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2003, 07:41 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
the deal with steve moore

i have been reading the york daily record and i am getting the feeling that the reason moore keeps going down instead of brigley is that the bears need moore more than the avs do. steve is tearing it up down in the ahl and he is a very valuable player down there.

up here he basically plays the same role as brigley, so i get the feeling that is the reason the avs keep sending him down, cuz this guy fills the 4th line center role perfectly. i like moore as a 4th line center, and i feel he is our 1st reliable 4th center since dale hunter, i dont count hahl cuz it seems he is always injured, although when healthy he is a better fit for that line, but the avs could move to lw with moore at center.

in my opinion, moore is a poor man's version of kono.
both are very responsible in their own zone, both play their man, hit consistently, set up screens and dig for the garbage goals. moore lacks kono's speed and skill but hopefully he could develop into a similar type of player as kono, without the offense of course.

i am really hoping moore stays with the big club for good this time, although with malhorta on waivers lacroix might be interested since this is the kid he was highest on in the 1998 draft, well not counting vinnie of course, but he had him rated higher than tanguay back then, so maybe he tries to pick him up for some added depth

Old
11-19-2003, 08:55 AM
SilverSkate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
i have been reading the york daily record and i am getting the feeling that the reason moore keeps going down instead of brigley is that the bears need moore more than the avs do. steve is tearing it up down in the ahl and he is a very valuable player down there.
You should also read the past issues of the York Daily Record - I don't think your comparison is correct. Brigley was also tearing up the AHL before he was called up, and is a valuable player in the AHL. He had 6 points in 7 games and has a better shooting % than Moore. Brigley was on on 4 game goal streak, was tied for team high number of goals, & just tied the team record for the fastest goal in a game - 9 secs - before he went to Denver.

Perhaps the reason Moore keeps going to the AHL is that Brigley is more valuable in the NHL. The Aves would never spend money sending someone back & forth to help the farm team. It's not their style, now, or in the past.

Old
11-19-2003, 12:03 PM
Miller259

Location: "If hockeys to tough, go play tennis"-Bryan Marchment, Colorado Avalanche
I've always been a big fan of Moore since I saw him play his first game three or four years ago. He reminds me a lot of Hinote, just without the speed. Speaking of which, I don't know if he's gained weight or something, but he was really slow last night compared to how fast he was when I last saw him.

But back to the origional post. Maybe the Avs keep sending Moore down because they still think he's the in the "developing" phase of his career (It looks like it to me at least). I don't know how old Bringley is, maybe 30? Moore's way younger than that, he's around 25-26. Futhermore, Moore was drafted by the Avs, Bringley wasn't.

Bringley made a nice move around Ozolinsh in the first period last night though.

Old
11-19-2003, 12:18 PM
SilverSkate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller259
I don't know how old Bringley is, maybe 30? Moore's way younger than that, he's around 25-26.
Moore is 25. Brigley is 26

Old
11-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Miller259

Location: "If hockeys to tough, go play tennis"-Bryan Marchment, Colorado Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSkate
Moore is 25. Brigley is 26

One was drafted, the other one isn't. I've got an oatmeal cookie if you can guess which one......

Old
11-19-2003, 12:35 PM
nathan

Moore? I do know he played at Harvard so hopefully he is a student of the game.

Old
11-19-2003, 12:38 PM
Miller259

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Moore? I do know he played at Harvard so hopefully he is a student of the game.

Yup, and he skated with his two brothers. They must've had some serious synergy.

Old
11-19-2003, 08:35 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller259

Yup, and he skated with his two brothers. They must've had some serious synergy.
So does he get the cookie or what?

Old
11-19-2003, 09:37 PM
nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
So does he get the cookie or what?

YEAH! Where's my oatmeal cookie? Please use 2nd day air shipping sealed in a ziplock bag

Old
11-20-2003, 01:02 PM
Miller259

Cookie disallowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan

YEAH! Where's my oatmeal cookie? Please use 2nd day air shipping sealed in a ziplock bag

Upon video review, the cookie has been disallowed due to the question being asked to another poster. Game on!

Closed Thread