HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT:Rangers-Bruins 7pm 9/27

Old
09-27-2006, 08:27 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Pock looked very steady on that last PK.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:27 PM
mjdlight

Hey, this Lundqvist kid looked pretty good. You guys think he has a shot to make the team?

mjdlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:28 PM
ap3lovr

from a Rangers perspective how did Thomas look tonight?

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Fletch

Lundqvist is ready...

he's in game shape right now, and is as sharp as ever. His last game was a shutout, but he was challenged much more this game. That is very good to see.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Ocelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdlight View Post
Hey, this Lundqvist kid looked pretty good. You guys think he has a shot to make the team?
I don't know he only got a shutout. Maybe if he would have chiped in on the offence.....

Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:38 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
I don't know he only got a shutout. Maybe if he would have chiped in on the offence.....
That pass to Immonen would have been the nicest assist in the game if Chara hadn't swept the scoring chance away.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post
Looks as good as he did last year. VERY aggressive, very confident, loves to challenge the shooter... I like his game a lot.

Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
He almost did, if Chara hadn't caught Immonen on the breakaway.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:39 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Also is it just me or does Immonen have an AWFUL first step?

Old
09-27-2006, 08:45 PM
oopss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
just you =o did chara get penalty or not?

oopss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:45 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post

No, I think it was pretty much high-lighted on that attempted breakaway.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:55 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

It sucks that I can't watch the games. No offence but it is impossible to get a decent evaluation on these players reading these boards. One person says he looks great, another says terrible. Oh well just 8 days left. Oh yeah, and have the Rangers scored ANY power play goals so far this pre season?

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:58 PM
eco's bones

A solid all around effort by everybody. Boston also dressed pretty much their NHL squad and our youngsters looked pretty good against them. Lundqvist looks great. Aaron Ward looks to be an excellent addition and great partnering with Tyutin. Pock looks a hell of a lot better in his own end and is moving the puck up the ice very well. Baranka also looks like he's just about ready and Girardi had a good performance too. Nice goal by Hall. Looks like he might provide some presence in front of the other teams net. Dawes and Dubinsky also had good games and the 4th line played well. Orr still needs to work on his skating but he's doing some nice things out there--blocking shots--finding ways to involve himself in the game.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

A lot to like after this game but again it's still pre-season and the Rangers still have problems to work out...

Immonen played a good game and is about as ready for the NHL as he is ever going to get. If he gets sent to Hartford it isn't to refine his game or make him a better player.

Dubinsky played just as well but his top end is much higher than Immonen. I think he could play in the NHL right now but I predict he starts the season in Hartford. I think that is the best place for him to start the season. He could/should be a Ranger by mid-season with injuries and other players not playing well combined with a steller first half in the AHL..

Pock played another solid all around game. I'm surprised by this because I didn't think he was going to be this good in the pre-season. I think he has cemented himself in the #7 role but...

Baranka is not far behind but I don't think he has a chance in hell to make the team. Staal is in his way and Baranka can still use more time to get his game better and play big minutes on a good Hartford team..

Hossa showed again tonight why his lack of scoring is the most overblown topic on this board. He is a great scratch that...excellant defensive hockey player and seems to be getting better in that one area. It's sad because if he was from western canada certain posters would love his game...

Kaspar IMHO did not play a great game. He was okay but not great and looks a step behind even his normal putrid skating..

Betts Ward and Hall all played solid games and Hall could score 20 on this team..

Straka and Hall showed nice chemistry but I doubt the see the ice together when the season starts..

Ward is helping Tyutin a ton and perhaps this is the Rangers top defense pairing this season..

What more can you say about Henrik that hasn't already been said....

Greg Moore is going to be a heck of pro but I think he is better served in Hartford to start the season.

If Colton Orr could somehow make it through waivers and can play in Hartford and I mean just play a regular shift the Rangers might have something with him. I swear to god though he uses his stick for balance when he is skating..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post
Thomas looked very solid tonight. Are the Bruins still planning on playing the kid over him? I'm not sure why they gave Thomas all that money, just to play Toivenen over him.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:24 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Also interested to hear what you guys think of the B's as a whole, did they play a horrible game or was HL just denying them?

As for the guy who asked about our goaltending situation, I think ideally the organization would like Hannu to take the job and run with it.. but they'll play the hot hand, and noone at this moment has a strangle hold over the # 1.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:29 PM
mjdlight

Most exciting thing tonight from the B's persective was KESSEL. What a skater!

mjdlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergy and Boyes View Post
Also interested to hear what you guys think of the B's as a whole, did they play a horrible game or was HL just denying them?

As for the guy who asked about our goaltending situation, I think ideally the organization would like Hannu to take the job and run with it.. but they'll play the hot hand, and noone at this moment has a strangle hold over the # 1.
They might have chemistry problems to start the season...

The B's are talented and have a good coach so they should challange for a playoff spot and if they get the right breaks along the way finish in the 8th to 5th spot in the conferance...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:42 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
A lot to like after this game but again it's still pre-season and the Rangers still have problems to work out...

Immonen played a good game and is about as ready for the NHL as he is ever going to get. If he gets sent to Hartford it isn't to refine his game or make him a better player.

Dubinsky played just as well but his top end is much higher than Immonen. I think he could play in the NHL right now but I predict he starts the season in Hartford. I think that is the best place for him to start the season. He could/should be a Ranger by mid-season with injuries and other players not playing well combined with a steller first half in the AHL..

Pock played another solid all around game. I'm surprised by this because I didn't think he was going to be this good in the pre-season. I think he has cemented himself in the #7 role but...

Baranka is not far behind but I don't think he has a chance in hell to make the team. Staal is in his way and Baranka can still use more time to get his game better and play big minutes on a good Hartford team..

Hossa showed again tonight why his lack of scoring is the most overblown topic on this board. He is a great scratch that...excellant defensive hockey player and seems to be getting better in that one area. It's sad because if he was from western canada certain posters would love his game...

Kaspar IMHO did not play a great game. He was okay but not great and looks a step behind even his normal putrid skating..

Betts Ward and Hall all played solid games and Hall could score 20 on this team..

Straka and Hall showed nice chemistry but I doubt the see the ice together when the season starts..

Ward is helping Tyutin a ton and perhaps this is the Rangers top defense pairing this season..

What more can you say about Henrik that hasn't already been said....

Greg Moore is going to be a heck of pro but I think he is better served in Hartford to start the season.

If Colton Orr could somehow make it through waivers and can play in Hartford and I mean just play a regular shift the Rangers might have something with him. I swear to god though he uses his stick for balance when he is skating..

Baranka and Pock seem close to me. Pock a little better offensively but his defense seems much better. Baranka's a little better defensively. I agree though that it seems like Pock's job to lose and he's playing well. Right now Ward and Tyutin look real solid. In some respects Dubinsky and Immonen both seem to have problems with their first step. I'd give the edge right now to Immonen to get the call but it isn't a slam dunk and wouldn't be a great surprise if Brandon beat him out. On Dawes and Moore I think it might come down to whether the Rangers want more offense or more size on their bottom lines. Dawes has looked better to me but Moore's size might decide for now as he might fit the profile of a bottom line player better. On Orr--his skating has improved but it's not good. Those were two nice setups for Helminen the other day though. He's blocked a couple shots. He's drawn three penalties in the last 2 games and with limited ice time. I've knocked him a lot in the past and he's borderline at best but there is some improvement.

As for the Bruins--a huge huge defense. Chara looked very good apart from losing his position the one time to Dawes where he took his first penalty--a tough call on the Orr penalty but he got outhustled a bit. Thomas looked excellent. As for the offense they got bottled up a lot. Kessell showed some good signs at least in spurts. Overall they should have done better with the better lineup. I don't think they showed quite as much speed or enthusiasm as we did--a good sign for us as carryover from last year.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Skroob*

just got back from the game, some quick thoughts,

Baranka and Dawes looked great out there. Dawes can be a prucha II.

Straka and Prucha had no luck tonight. rough game for them.

most importantly, im LOVING how Toots has been playing. Tonight he looked like a 10-year vet. very calm, collected. making smart plays, not hesitant. whats more, he hits everything in sight now! he will look to take the body without even thinking of the puck. good to see. And it looks like hes been going to the Kaspar school of down-low hip checks.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
With Henrik Lundqvist as the UNDISPUTED No. 1 in New York, do the Rangers wanna keep Kevin Weekes and his $2 mil. around?

The way I see it, unless injuries occur, Lundqvist will play at least 60 games... and Stephen Valiquette is good enough for 10 to 20 NHL starts... and $617,500 for two years.

No knock on Weekes skills, but I believe he and his $2 mil are obsolete in NY

ALL HAIL KING HENRIK...

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 10:50 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob View Post
just got back from the game, some quick thoughts,

Baranka and Dawes looked great out there. Dawes can be a prucha II.

Straka and Prucha had no luck tonight. rough game for them.

most importantly, im LOVING how Toots has been playing. Tonight he looked like a 10-year vet. very calm, collected. making smart plays, not hesitant. whats more, he hits everything in sight now! he will look to take the body without even thinking of the puck. good to see. And it looks like hes been going to the Kaspar school of down-low hip checks.

I agree, toots looked awesome out there! I was watchin the game on MSG and they had a mic on Ward.. the guy never stopped talkin and explaining things to toots (dunno if he understood it all..but it was pretty cool to hear). What do you guys think? will renney stick w/ Toots and Ward?

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 10:52 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergy and Boyes View Post

As usual, there are opposing opinions on the same player. I thought Thomas looked "floppy" and I think if the Rangers had more scorers in the lineup, it would have shown.

I like the Bruins overall. It seems like they are trying to get used to Chara and how that may change some others players games offensively.

I sat against the glass on the Bruins side during warmups to get a closer look and they look quick and skilled. It seemed like everytime I looked up and saw how many shots they had I was surprised. It just seemed like the didnt have many very good scoring chances.

There wasnt much aggression on either side, especially for a pre season game.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 10:53 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob View Post
No doubt he is much improved. Definately more confident and more "strategically physical."

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:10 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

After seeing the last televised pre-season game, this would be my lineup for now:

Shanahan-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Cullen-Prucha
Dawes-Betts-Ward
Hall-Hollweg-Orr

Kasper-Tyutin
Ward-Rachunek
Malik-Roszival

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote