HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

isles/hawks *proposal*

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2003, 11:32 AM
disles1

vCash: 500
isles/hawks

to isles: Mark Bell & 4th rd pk
to hawks: Mark Parrish & Eric Cairns

It seems these two teams have been talking--is this fair? Isles lose 2mill in payroll--hawks get some more scoring and toughness

Old
11-19-2003, 11:41 AM
RoyIsALegend*

I know people are saying Chicago will try and make the playoffs this year based on reports and articles, but I have a hard time believing that.

Their dumping of Jon Klemm for a younger Stephane Robidas and picking up a 2nd round pick while dropping a 4th rounder shows their commitment to rebuilding and forming a strong future. Mark Bell is a burly, young forward that will be essential to the physical game of a future Hawks squad.

I can't see the Hawks honestly thinking they have a shot at the playoffs and unloading Bell, Tumo Ruutu, Kyle Calder, Pavel Vorobiev, Anton Babchuk, etc. It just doesn't seem likely.

I'd say the most likely destination for Mark Parrish is Atlanta.

Old
11-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
I know people are saying Chicago will try and make the playoffs this year based on reports and articles, but I have a hard time believing that.

Their dumping of Jon Klemm for a younger Stephane Robidas and picking up a 2nd round pick while dropping a 4th rounder shows their commitment to rebuilding and forming a strong future. Mark Bell is a burly, young forward that will be essential to the physical game of a future Hawks squad.

I can't see the Hawks honestly thinking they have a shot at the playoffs and unloading Bell, Tumo Ruutu, Kyle Calder, Pavel Vorobiev, Anton Babchuk, etc. It just doesn't seem likely.

I'd say the most likely destination for Mark Parrish is Atlanta.

I agree with most of your points.

My only comment with regard to your last statement is that it still hasn't been established that Parrish will definitely get dealt and I'm also not that sure that Atlanta is all that interested. But, otherwise, I think you are dead on.

I also think that people on this board would be surprised by Bell's trade value. I think he is highly valued around the league and believe that ChiHawks would want more than Parrish (and Cairns' value is minimal).

11-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I also think that people on this board would be surprised by Bell's trade value. I think he is highly valued around the league and believe that ChiHawks would want more than Parrish (and Cairns' value is minimal).
I dont expect the Hawks to trade Bell under any circumstances unless it is a trade for a player with name value that could put fannies in the seats. Of course with the Hawks incompetence, the deal would be for a past his prime name.

As bad as the Hawk's attendance is Bell is probably the only fan favorite on this team and I highly doubt Hawk management would allow him to be traded(Ruutu may become one eventually too). That and Bell is a rough and tumble player, the kind of player Pulford loves so I doubt Pulford would trade him.

Bell is my favorite current Hawk and I myself would be irate if he (or Ruuutu, Radulov, Vorobiev, Babchuk etc.) were traded. Hawks need to stay the course on the youth movement and only trade for a dman if it is a trade for low return that is strictly a salary dump by the other team.

Old
11-19-2003, 12:58 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson
I dont expect the Hawks to trade Bell under any circumstances unless it is a trade for a player with name value that could put fannies in the seats. Of course with the Hawks incompetence, the deal would be for a past his prime name.

As bad as the Hawk's attendance is Bell is probably the only fan favorite on this team and I highly doubt Hawk management would allow him to be traded(Ruutu may become one eventually too). That and Bell is a rough and tumble player, the kind of player Pulford loves so I doubt Pulford would trade him.

Bell is my favorite current Hawk and I myself would be irate if he (or Ruuutu, Radulov, Vorobiev, Babchuk etc.) were traded. Hawks need to stay the course on the youth movement and only trade for a dman if it is a trade for low return that is strictly a salary dump by the other team.

I admit that I don't follow the Hawks closely, but as an outsider, I do believe they will stay the course.

And, yeah, Bell is a lot of fun to watch and I can see why you wouldn't want him traded. I'd love to have him on the Islanders.

Old
11-19-2003, 01:30 PM
Sabot55

vCash:
The Hawks have two guys that I'd love to see in Buffalo: Bell and Ruutu. How are these two doing? I haven't been able to see a Chicago game, and I've been away for about a year. I'd love to see one of them come the other way for Satan, especially Ruutu.

Old
11-19-2003, 01:49 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot55
The Hawks have two guys that I'd love to see in Buffalo: Bell and Ruutu. How are these two doing? I haven't been able to see a Chicago game, and I've been away for about a year. I'd love to see one of them come the other way for Satan, especially Ruutu.

Don't hold your breath. Satan is too old and too expensive to be of much interest to a rebuilding Chicago.

Old
11-19-2003, 01:53 PM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Don't hold your breath. Satan is too old and too expensive to be of much interest to a rebuilding Chicago.
Expensive yes. But Satan just turned 29 in October and is at the top of his game. How is that too old?

Old
11-19-2003, 01:53 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Neither of those two are going anywhere. Bell is doing okay considering he gets no powerplay time and the moron coach Sutter plays him as a checking forward. He is one point out of the team lead and is currently on a line with "offensive juggernauts" Scott Nichol and Travis Moen.

Bell gets virtually zero powerplay time while piece of crap Igor Korolev led all Hawk forwards in PP time last night. Bell outside of the injured Jason Strudwick is the Hawks lone consistent physical threat.

Ruutu is coming along slower than expected but shows semblances of a good all around game. Hopefully, he will improve as the year goes on.

Old
11-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Neither of those two are going anywhere. Bell is doing okay considering he gets no powerplay time and the moron coach Sutter plays him as a checking forward. He is one point out of the team lead and is currently on a line with "offensive juggernauts" Scott Nichol and Travis Moen.

Bell gets virtually zero powerplay time while piece of crap Igor Korolev led all Hawk forwards in PP time last night. Bell outside of the injured Jason Strudwick is the Hawks lone consistent physical threat.

Ruutu is coming along slower than expected but shows semblances of a good all around game. Hopefully, he will improve as the year goes on.
Haven't seen Ruutu play ever. Read that he's somewhere between a bigger Peca and a poor-man's Forsberg. Can you give me an update?

Old
11-19-2003, 02:00 PM
who_me?

Quote:
Haven't seen Ruutu play ever. Read that he's somewhere between a bigger Peca and a poor-man's Forsberg. Can you give me an update?
he's somewhere between a euro-Peca and his brother Jaarko Ruutu. Trying to compare him in any way to Forsberg or Roenick is ridiculous.

Old
11-19-2003, 02:06 PM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_me?
he's somewhere between a euro-Peca and his brother Jaarko Ruutu. Trying to compare him in any way to Forsberg or Roenick is ridiculous.
So his upside on points is around 50? I understand that he's physical and tough, and a good skater, but what about his offensive upside?

Old
11-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Any comparisons would have to be projections based on his play over in Finland. He would at best be rated an incomplete based on his play to date. I think he still has not fully recovered from the injured knee and is not quite 100% yet.

He has shown flashes of exceptional passing skills but for most of the
season he has played with stiffs whi cant finish so the stats are not there yet. He is starting to get PP time so maybe he will score a little more.

He makes some nice hits but has has not hit on a consistent basis as he was billed to have done.

But he is 20 games into his career after major knee surgery so I think we have to be patient on him this year. From the little Ive seen the Forsberg comparisons are WAY off. Maybe Peca or Deadmarsh potential might be a little closer.

Old
11-19-2003, 02:12 PM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Any comparisons would have to be projections based on his play over in Finland. He would at best be rated an inomplete based on his play to date. I think he still has not fullyu recovered from the injured knee and is not quite 100% yet.

Her has shown flashes of exceptional passing skills but for most of the
he has played with stiffs so the stats are not there yet. He is starting to get PP time so maybe he will score a little more.

He makes some nice hits but has has not hit on a consistent basis as he was billed to have done.

But he is 20 games into his career after major knee surgery so I think we have to be patient on him this year. From the little Ive seen the Forsberg comparisons are WAY off. Maybe Peca or Deadmarsh might be a little closer.
Thanks

Old
11-19-2003, 02:27 PM
who_me?

Quote:
So his upside on points is around 50? I understand that he's physical and tough, and a good skater, but what about his offensive upside?
50 points in his best year is about right... which means that for most of his career, he'll be getting 20-40 pts... hardly 1st line center material.

Personally I don't find his skating abilities all that great, nor his passing skills.

Old
11-19-2003, 02:31 PM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
50 points in his best year is about right... which means that for most of his career, he'll be getting 20-40 pts... hardly 1st line center material.

Personally I don't find his skating abilities all that great, nor his passing skills.
Then why does everyone regard this guy as a stud that couldn't be had for a player like Satan?

Old
11-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Expensive yes. But Satan just turned 29 in October and is at the top of his game. How is that too old?
A rebuilding team like the ChiHawks is not going to trade away players in their early 20s for a guy who isn't that far away from UFA status. Satan is certainly far from over the hill, but he is also a bit too old to be a desirable target for a team that is going with youth.

ChiHawks may look to acquire some vets for leadership, but they won't trade away their young core for a player who is approaching 30.

Old
11-19-2003, 02:33 PM
who_me?

Quote:
He has shown flashes of exceptional passing skills but for most of the
season he has played with stiffs whi cant finish so the stats are not there yet. He is starting to get PP time so maybe he will score a little more.
Ruutu started the year with Sullivan and Daze, but produced nothing. That's why he's a grinder on the 4th line. His only asset on the team so far has been his physical play. And it's not as if he's setting up Moen with great passes every night and Moen isn't finishing. From what I've seen, he has shown marginal stickhandling and passing skills so far.

Old
11-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
A rebuilding team like the ChiHawks is not going to trade away players in their early 20s for a guy who isn't that far away from UFA status. Satan is certainly far from over the hill, but he is also a bit too old to be a desirable target for a team that is going with youth.

ChiHawks may look to acquire some vets for leadership, but they won't trade away their young core for a player who is approaching 30.
Better said. I agree with you now.

Old
11-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

From Ted Montgomery's column (USAToday):

Chicago, IL : Ted, We keep hearing that the Blackhawks and Islanders are going to make a trade. We hear that the Islanders are going to give up Parish and a Defenseman. Who are the Blackhawks giving up? John

Ted Montgomery: Take your pick. Other than Ruuttu, no one on that team is untouchable. This should be another yawner of a deal.

Old
11-19-2003, 05:20 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Well

to add fuel to the fire Pulford at isles game tonite, along with 2 scouts....
Flames scout tom webster at the game as well...

Old
11-19-2003, 05:24 PM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
I think it's going to be Parrish for an autographed Michael Jordan jersey.

Last one out of the United Center turn off the lights.

:p

Old
11-19-2003, 05:24 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12

Hawks have a number of young forwards that I'd LOVE to have on the Isles. Lets see what happens....

Old
11-19-2003, 05:31 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
well

Quote:
Hawks have a number of young forwards that I'd LOVE to have on the Isles. Lets see what happens....

Here is my list in order:

Ruutu(just not gonna happen)
Bell
Arnason
Calder

Closed Thread