HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

St. Louis Buffalo Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2003, 09:00 PM
demitra382003

vCash: 500
St. Louis Buffalo Proposal

To St. Louis - Satan and 2nd rounder

To Buffalo - Bougenicki, Khavanov, Rycroft, 4th rounder

St. L gets a good top 6 fwd to put with Weight (finally!)

Buffalo gets a fiesty young player in Bougenicki who had 22 goals and 27 assists last year in his first season, a solid d-man in Khavanov who averaged over 20 minutes a game last season and had over 30 points, rycroft who has 7 assists so far this year

This is proposed since Lindy Ruff is having a tough time with his players and Satan has seem to have disappeared this year

Thoughts?

Old
11-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Laperriere22*

Sabres get hosed badly.

Old
11-20-2003, 09:18 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by demitra382003

Buffalo gets a fiesty young player in Bougenicki who had 22 goals and 27 assists last year in his first season, a solid d-man in Khavanov who averaged over 20 minutes a game last season and had over 30 points, rycroft who has 7 assists so far this year

This is proposed since Lindy Ruff is having a tough time with his players and Satan has seem to have disappeared this year

Thoughts?

ok.......

Satan, 2nd

for

Salvador, Sejna, 1st, 3rd or Jackman :p

Old
11-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Remove Satan and thumbs up!

Old
11-21-2003, 02:11 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Satan isn't going anywhere. Especially for a package like that.

Old
11-21-2003, 03:39 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Great, we give up Satan for a bunch of crap. Nice.

Old
11-21-2003, 03:53 AM
Takeo

Can't believe how overvalued Satan is on these boards. Do you guys actually watch him play?? I've been in denial for awhile, but there's simply no debating that if he's not scoring, he's a bum. And given he's so streaky, he's a bum much of the time. That said, this package wouldn't get him.

Old
11-21-2003, 03:55 AM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by demitra382003

Thoughts?
Essentially a second-tier scoring forward for St. Louis' spare parts.

Any deal between BUF-STL with Satan involved must also have Jackman involved.

Old
11-21-2003, 03:58 AM
degroat*

The deal is obviously in favor of the Blues, but those of you that are calling those players 'crap' and 'spare parts' look just as foolish as the poster who made the proposal.

Old
11-21-2003, 03:58 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot55
Essentially a second-tier scoring forward for St. Louis' spare parts.

Any deal between BUF-STL with Satan involved must also have Jackman involved.
Agreed. Satan for Jackman straight up.

Old
11-21-2003, 03:59 AM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Agreed. Satan for Jackman straight up.

LOL.

No.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:03 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
LOL.

No.

I know, I wish.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:30 AM
Frenzy1

The Blues do not have enough to get Satan. I wish we had more to offer instead of a 2nd line forward in bogie, No. 4 D man, who plays the 2nd most minutes on the team, and a youngster who will be a good 3rd line player.

I think the Blues, if trading w/ Buffalo, would likely land Afinigonov and or Connolly. But the cost would be someone along the lines of Mayers or Drake. (Though, both at this point in there carears are better then Afini and Connolly).

Old
11-21-2003, 04:32 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
The deal is obviously in favor of the Blues, but those of you that are calling those players 'crap' and 'spare parts' look just as foolish as the poster who made the proposal.
You wouldn't call a team's 4th defenseman and 3rd and 5th RWs spare parts?

That deal is like a Sabres fan offering up Dmitri Kalinin, Maxim Afingenov, and Milan Batrovic for Pavol Demitra.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:33 AM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Khavanov is over 30 and would be Buffalo's 4th defensemen at best.

Rycroft would make the Sabres 3rd line, maybe.

And we have no place for Boguniecki. Buffalo already has way too many forwards as it is. Unneeded player.

If STL wants Satan, be ready to give up Jackman in the deal.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:37 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
If STL wants Satan, be ready to give up Jackman in the deal.
You would have to toss in a lot more then Satan to get Jackman, so make me an offer.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:02 AM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
You would have to toss in a lot more then Satan to get Jackman, so make me an offer.
I wouldn't say "a lot" more. That would mean something like Satan and Drury, which is really overpaying.

I think Buffalo would have to include a defensemen in the deal. And St. Louis would have to include a prospect or pick.

Something like Satan and Tallinder for Jackman and 4th round pick.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:08 AM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob
You wouldn't call a team's 4th defenseman and 3rd and 5th RWs spare parts?

That deal is like a Sabres fan offering up Dmitri Kalinin, Maxim Afingenov, and Milan Batrovic for Pavol Demitra.
Can you people not read?

The deal is obviously in favor of the Blues.

I believe I already said that once.

To label Boguniecki as the Blues' 3rd RW only shows that your knowledge of the team is lacking considerably. He the Blues' 2nd line RW and is more talented than the current 1st line RW. He just came off his 1st season in the NHL where he scored 20 goals and he makes next to nothing.

And, since you think you know so much about the Blues, perhaps you could tell us all what 4 RW's would be ahead of Rycroft right now? I'll give you two... Mellanby and Boguniecki. Drake probably is, but he bounces back and forth between LW and RW. So, at worst Rycroft is the 4th line winger on this team when everyone is healthy. But, since their not, he's been playing next to Demitra or Weight and has done pretty good so far with 7 points in 17 games.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:11 AM
degroat*

BTW.... St. Louis would have a lot more interest in Hecht than in Satan.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:16 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
I wouldn't say "a lot" more. That would mean something like Satan and Drury, which is really overpaying.

I think Buffalo would have to include a defensemen in the deal. And St. Louis would have to include a prospect or pick.

Something like Satan and Tallinder for Jackman and 4th round pick.

Kind of an interesting trade. Tallinder has a lot of size and is playing 18 minutes a game. Not exactly offensive, so I am assuming he is a stay at home type of player. In your oppinion, what is he? A no. 4 d man?
I don't get to watch many Buffalo games, so I can't really comment on your D. But my quess, is this is about even, I just don't know if the Blues would do it.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:21 AM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
Kind of an interesting trade. Tallinder has a lot of size and is playing 18 minutes a game. Not exactly offensive, so I am assuming he is a stay at home type of player. In your oppinion, what is he? A no. 4 d man?
I don't get to watch many Buffalo games, so I can't really comment on your D. But my quess, is this is about even, I just don't know if the Blues would do it.
Tallinder is a big, rangy, stay at home type with really good skating ability. He played in the Young Guns game last year. At this stage in his career, he's a number four d-man; but could be a number three, even a number two if paired with an offensive d-man. This would be about 2-3 years from now.

Seems fair, Buffalo would do it because of their lack of d-men. Would St. Louis? If they wanted more firepower, then yes.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:24 AM
degroat*

St. Louis wouldn't touch that.

1. They need defense just as bad as they need offense.
2. That would add to the payroll.
3. It would weaken their defense.
4. It would weaken their future.
5. It would decrease their chances for winning the Cup in 2004.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:28 AM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Can you people not read?

I believe I already said that once.

To label Boguniecki as the Blues' 3rd RW only shows that your knowledge of the team is lacking considerably. He the Blues' 2nd line RW and is more talented than the current 1st line RW. He just came off his 1st season in the NHL where he scored 20 goals and he makes next to nothing.

And, since you think you know so much about the Blues, perhaps you could tell us all what 4 RW's would be ahead of Rycroft right now? I'll give you two... Mellanby and Boguniecki. Drake probably is, but he bounces back and forth between LW and RW. So, at worst Rycroft is the 4th line winger on this team when everyone is healthy. But, since their not, he's been playing next to Demitra or Weight and has done pretty good so far with 7 points in 17 games.
This deal makes no sense for Buffalo. Let's say this deal is made. Boguniecki is a third liner behind Kotalik and Dumont, who are both playing well for the Sabres. When McKee comes back, Khavanov is behind Zhitnik, McKee, and Kalinin. And Rycroft would be on the Sabres' fourth line. No real improvement for Buffalo. Especially when the Sabre weakness is on our blueline. Buffalo will be dealing for blueline help, not third and fourth line help.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:29 AM
degroat*

Quote:
This deal makes no sense for Buffalo. Let's say this deal is made. Boguniecki is a third liner behind Kotalik and Dumont, who are both playing well for the Sabres. When McKee comes back, Khavanov is behind Zhitnik, McKee, and Kalinin. And Rycroft would be on the Sabres' fourth line. No real improvement for Buffalo. Especially when the Sabre weakness is on our blueline. Buffalo will be dealing for blueline help, not third and fourth line help.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:31 AM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Then don't try to sell us Boguniecki, Rycroft, and Khavanov, as you did in your previous post.

Closed Thread