HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let The Era of Lars Begin

Old
09-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Let The Era of Lars Begin

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/15621934.htm

Quote:
Loose pucks. Marty Murray was supposed to be an integral part of special teams when he signed over the summer. Yesterday, he was waived with the intent of being sent to the Phantoms if he clears... Clarke said the club still had to waive one more defenseman.

right, so assuming that statement is factually correct in all possibilities... Lars is making this team, as he doesn't need to be waived in order to go to the Phantoms. excellent news.

feel bad for Murray... but that's life.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:03 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Jones will be waived if not traded

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:04 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

Go Lars Jonsson

BrimFullofAsham45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
So who's left?

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:09 PM
BringBackStevens

its one of jones / baumgartner / gauthier from the looks of that article last night.

put the money on jones since if we had to pay half his salary it wouldnt handcuff us as much as baumgartner or gauthier.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
its one of jones / baumgartner / gauthier from the looks of that article last night.

put the money on jones since if we had to pay half his salary it wouldnt handcuff us as much as baumgartner or gauthier.
won't have to pay any of the salary in question.

Jones will probably get nabbed by someone on the way down I would bet... if that doesn't happen, then he lives in the minors and gets a big check for an AHL player. however, he won't count against the cap in either event.

Old
09-27-2006, 05:17 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
won't have to pay any of the salary in question.

Jones will probably get nabbed by someone on the way down I would bet... if that doesn't happen, then he lives in the minors and gets a big check for an AHL player. however, he won't count against the cap in either event.
a player claimed off waivers doesnt count 1/2 against previous team? my bad if i was wrong. in that case lets just waive all 3 of them and let picard play.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
a player claimed off waivers doesnt count 1/2 against previous team? my bad if i was wrong. in that case lets just waive all 3 of them and let picard play.
only on the way back up... if a player is claimed on the way down, then he's gone and you're fine. if you try to pull the player back up (my understanding is that this may not be the rule this year?) and he gets claimed off of waivers then he plays for half-price for the other squad.

so, in summation, on the way down you're fine.

give Picard another year of playing 20 minutes a night and filling in when injuries require... i think that's better for him.

Old
09-27-2006, 05:39 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
only on the way back up... if a player is claimed on the way down, then he's gone and you're fine. if you try to pull the player back up (my understanding is that this may not be the rule this year?) and he gets claimed off of waivers then he plays for half-price for the other squad.

give Picard another year of playing 20 minutes a night and filling in when injuries require... i think that's better for him.
The new rule on re-entry waivers is that a player who has played at least 80 games in the NHL over the previous two seasons (combined) and/or 40 games in the previous season alone would be subject to the old rule -- where a team could claim him for half of the salary, and the original team was still responsible for the other half. However, if a player does NOT meet either of those two criteria, any team claiming him would have to take the entire contract.

JerryGigantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:56 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:

I don't know man. I think Picard's ready to go right now. Agree that another year of playing 20 minutes a night will do good, but eventually we need to make a spot for him. I know Meyer is well liked on here, but if we could use Meyer to get a shot at a legitmate TRUE number one goaltender, then I'd say go for it and use Picard in Meyer's position.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:18 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I hope its Jones who's waived for being a waste of space.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 03:16 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I don't know man. I think Picard's ready to go right now. Agree that another year of playing 20 minutes a night will do good, but eventually we need to make a spot for him. I know Meyer is well liked on here, but if we could use Meyer to get a shot at a legitmate TRUE number one goaltender, then I'd say go for it and use Picard in Meyer's position.
Meyer won't get you a true no. 1 goalie... I'm not sure I really want to trade for a true number 1 because i think you'll also be taking on my salary than I'm willing to at the moment. I'd rather see if Esche comes around and not create a situation for when Nitty comes back.

Old
09-28-2006, 08:37 AM
MojoJojo

I think they actually changed the re-entry waiver rule over the summer. Neither the league or the NHLPA really liked the way it was working. I believe vets do not need to clear waivers on re-entry, or at least without the 50% salary hit.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote