HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question for Dish Network Users

Old
09-27-2006, 10:34 PM
preddevil

vCash: 500
Question for Dish Network Users

For approximately the next month, I am living with the in-laws while my house is undergoing extensive rennovations. We decided that it was time to replace the 76 year old wiring among other things. They have Dish Network America's Top 60 which pretty much means no hockey. With the season fast approaching, I thought I might offer to pay for an addition of the Sports package ($5.99/month) for all the regional networks (Fox sports, Comcast sports, etc.). The description on the Dish Network website for Fox Sports South mentions the Hurricanes but does not mention the Predators. The description also mentions WCW wrestling which has been defunct for years so I can't trust its accuracy. If I get this package, will I be able to see Preds games. If not, are there any packages that will allow me to get Preds games. If it is relevant to the packages available, I am in Nashville.

Thanks in advance

preddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I have the regional sports package and although it is frustrating at times because you do not see the games live (all are blacked out), some of the NHL teams replay their games later in the evening or during the next day.

Do not expect to be able to watch all of the NHL games with the regional sports package...that would be too easy. To watch the other NHL games, you will need to get Center Ice.

Honestly, I have no idea whether or not you will be able to get the Predators games with the Top 60. I'm lucky to have the full package including the regional sports channels and Center Ice so I'm always able to get the Predators games (when they are on TV...still can't believe that not all of the Preds games are on TV).

Hope that helps a little. I love the regional sports package because I have a schedule that allows me to stay up late to watch the replays of the games and/or watch during the day the following day sometimes. If you don't have the time to do that, I wouldn't really recommend the package...unless it will insure that you get Predators games.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2006, 09:19 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
You will be able to get the games on the "alternate" FoxSports channel. The regular channel will have the national feed then there will be several "alternates" that will have different games on them but you will only be allowed to view the Preds games.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote