HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal canadiens cuts Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-24-2006, 03:55 PM
  #1
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!
 
didouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
Montreal canadiens cuts Part 2

Who will be cut next and when?

My opinion in bold ( 28 players will be left)


So here's what's left (Last year NHL'ers listed first):

Forwards:
DOWNEY, Aaron
BÉGIN, Steve
BONK, Radek
MURRAY, Garth
PEREZHOGIN, Alexander
HIGGINS, Chris
PLEKANEC, Tomas
JOHNSON, Mike
RIBEIRO, Mike
KOIVU, Saku
RYDER, Michael
SAMSONOV, Sergei
KOVALEV, Alex
--------------------------------
BAINES, Ajay
CHIPCHURA, Kyle I don't think he is NHL ready but they might keep him a bit
LAPIERRE, Maxim
LATENDRESSE, Guillaume
FERLAND, Jonathan
LOCKE, Corey career AHL'er
GRABOVSKI, Mikhail because of injury
KOSTITSYN, Andrei


Defense:
KOMISAREK, Mike
BOUILLON, Francis
MARKOV, Andrei
RIVET, Craig
DANDENAULT, Mathieu
SOURAY, Sheldon
STREIT, Mark
------------------------------
JANCEVSKI, Dan
BENOIT, André Not ready... seems to me he's scared to take a hit
O’BYRNE, Ryan
CÔTÉ, Jean-Philippe injury
GROULX, Danny


Goal:
HUET, Cristobal
AEBISCHER, David
-----------------------------
DANIS, Yann
HALAK, Jaroslav already done
PRICE, Carey Great camp... Highlight of the camp

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 03:59 PM
  #2
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,668
vCash: 500
Lol, I was scared for a second. I felt rage to the biggest extent cuz I thought Perezoghin was given a free ride. Having said that, I disagree with your list.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 04:00 PM
  #3
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,866
vCash: 725
Next cuts, which won't be the last should look like (copy and paste of another thread):

Price (the best goalie of the camp.....)
Locke
O'Byrne
Chipchura (not impressed, needs to work on his skating and find an offensive side)
Baines (why is he still not cut....)
Grabovksi (what's the point of keeping him anyway)
Groulx
Côté (no point of keeping him as well, he would reconditioning in Hamilton anyway)

Lapierre, A. Kosty, Ferland, Lats, Jancevski and Benoit should go till the end.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 02:47 AM
  #4
White Snake*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Baines, Groulx and Locke have their pink slips waiting in their locker for the morning.

They will probably keep Chipchura and Benoit around for a couple more days although their demotion is forthcoming.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 06:40 AM
  #5
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,680
vCash: 500
Locke has looked pretty good and was a standout against Toronto. He's an older prospect and I wouldn't be suprised to see him be one of the final cuts and then get a "cup-a-coffee" call up at some point during the season.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 07:15 AM
  #6
Jo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
I would cut Chipchura asap. He is far away for making the NHL. I like his leadership skill, but he is not solid on the puck and has no puckhandling skill at all.

Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 07:48 AM
  #7
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,866
vCash: 725
Seems that the next cuts will be announced tomorrow morning. Habs are not bringing tons of veterans tonight, will be the last game for a bunch of prospects.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 12:12 PM
  #8
zednik20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Lol, I was scared for a second. I felt rage to the biggest extent cuz I thought Perezoghin was given a free ride. Having said that, I disagree with your list.
Wht's your problem with Perezhogin...you should be more worried with Ribeirov....

zednik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 12:19 PM
  #9
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Lol, I was scared for a second. I felt rage to the biggest extent cuz I thought Perezoghin was given a free ride. Having said that, I disagree with your list.
This may sting a little, and I know it may be hard to except, but...


At this exact moment, Perezhogin is a better hockey player than Latendresse and Kostitsyn. Yes I know, Latendresse runs around hustling and finishing his checks and makes himself stand out on the ice, but right now, Perezhogin is still the better hockey player.

Now if Latendresse plays his way onto the roster then great, but Perezhogin making the team despite him not lighting up the pre-season is NOT him getting a free ride.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 12:27 PM
  #10
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
This may sting a little, and I know it may be hard to except, but...


At this exact moment, Perezhogin is a better hockey player than Latendresse and Kostitsyn. Yes I know, Latendresse runs around hustling and finishing his checks and makes himself stand out on the ice, but right now, Perezhogin is still the better hockey player.

Now if Latendresse plays his way onto the roster then great, but Perezhogin making the team despite him not lighting up the pre-season is NOT him getting a free ride.
Yes in fact it is giving him a free ride. 19 pts in 67 games while being strictly an offensive player, is not going to get you an assured spot on any other team in the nhl, so why would it here? How do you know for a fact that Perez is better than Lats or Kost? You don't....neither of them played with the big club to the same extent as Perez (and I assure you Kost would've topped 20 pts...). To think that Perez has a spot on the team is absured, unless he decides to wake up and show us that he deserves a second chance.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 12:31 PM
  #11
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednik20 View Post
Wht's your problem with Perezhogin...you should be more worried with Ribeirov....
I don't have a perticular problem with Perezoghin, but he's overrated. The guy has shown promise at times and has shown nothing at others. To me last season for Perezhogin was meaningless...He didn't prove that he had what the scouts thought he had nor did he assure himself of a spot this year.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 12:33 PM
  #12
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I don't have a perticular problem with Perezoghin, but he's overrated. The guy has shown promise at times and has shown nothing at others. To me last season for Perezhogin was meaningless...He didn't prove that he had what the scouts thought he had nor did he assure himself of a spot this year.
Ribeiro is also a Pokemon Master????

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 12:43 PM
  #13
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Ribeiro is also a Pokemon Master????
Emm no, he's THE Pokemon Master.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 12:43 PM
  #14
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Yes in fact it is giving him a free ride. 19 pts in 67 games while being strictly an offensive player, is not going to get you an assured spot on any other team in the nhl, so why would it here? How do you know for a fact that Perez is better than Lats or Kost? You don't....neither of them played with the big club to the same extent as Perez (and I assure you Kost would've topped 20 pts...). To think that Perez has a spot on the team is absured, unless he decides to wake up and show us that he deserves a second chance.
Your bias is showing. Perez played a lot of minutes with marginal linemates yet still put up almost as many points per minute played as did Ribeiro at even strength. At 22 years of age he picked up 19 points. When Ribs was 22, he scored 5 goals and added 12 assists.

I am not saying Ribs shouldn't be on the team, but I am saying that Perez is still young, didn't receive a lot of playing time last year and has a lot of potential. And what is absurd, is making a claim of fact that someone would have scored 20 points when there is absolutely no way of knowing.

Dumping Perezhogin could come back to bite us big time... he is an asset that I would be very careful with.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 12:47 PM
  #15
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Emm no, he's THE Pokemon Master.
Ribeiro

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 12:51 PM
  #16
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by briste View Post
Your bias is showing. Perez played a lot of minutes with marginal linemates yet still put up almost as many points per minute played as did Ribeiro at even strength. At 22 years of age he picked up 19 points. When Ribs was 22, he scored 5 goals and added 12 assists.
You speak of marginal linemates...The first 8 games perez played with our 2 best player, which is when he gathered more than 1/3 of his points. After that he was tried on the second line with Ribs and Ryder (if I'm not mistaken, he might've been on the 3rd). His other lines were Ribs and Kovalev and Pleks and Zednik. I can hardly see how these are bad linemates. At the same age Ribs wasn't playing with players of the same talent that Perez got the chance to play with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briste
I am not saying Ribs shouldn't be on the team, but I am saying that Perez is still young, didn't receive a lot of playing time last year and has a lot of potential. And what is absurd, is making a claim of fact that someone would have scored 20 points when there is absolutely no way of knowing.

Dumping Perezhogin could come back to bite us big time... he is an asset that I would be very careful with.
I never said we should ship him off, but I think that at this point, he doesn't deserve a spot in the top 12. We could use him as the 13th and assign Downey to Hamilton.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 01:23 PM
  #17
fatmax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Mirabel, Qc
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
Who will be cut next and when?

My opinion in bold ( 28 players will be left)


So here's what's left (Last year NHL'ers listed first):

Forwards:
DOWNEY, Aaron
BÉGIN, Steve
BONK, Radek
MURRAY, Garth
PEREZHOGIN, Alexander
HIGGINS, Chris
PLEKANEC, Tomas
JOHNSON, Mike
RIBEIRO, Mike
KOIVU, Saku
RYDER, Michael
SAMSONOV, Sergei
KOVALEV, Alex
--------------------------------
BAINES, Ajay
CHIPCHURA, Kyle I don't think he is NHL ready but they might keep him a bit
LAPIERRE, Maxim
LATENDRESSE, Guillaume
FERLAND, Jonathan
LOCKE, Corey career AHL'er
GRABOVSKI, Mikhail because of injury
KOSTITSYN, Andrei


Defense:
KOMISAREK, Mike
BOUILLON, Francis
MARKOV, Andrei
RIVET, Craig
DANDENAULT, Mathieu
SOURAY, Sheldon
STREIT, Mark
------------------------------
JANCEVSKI, Dan
BENOIT, André Not ready... seems to me he's scared to take a hit
O’BYRNE, Ryan
CÔTÉ, Jean-Philippe injury
GROULX, Danny


Goal:
HUET, Cristobal
AEBISCHER, David
-----------------------------
DANIS, Yann
HALAK, Jaroslav already done
PRICE, Carey Great camp... Highlight of the camp
I agree with your pick & I beleive that Ferland will make the team and maybe Latendresse IF he shows enough consistency in preseason, we would try him for 10 games and make a better decision afterward... but it is a big "IF"

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 01:28 PM
  #18
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,689
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Latendresse should make the team...I'd like him to be paired with Johnson and Plekanec for our third line. It'd be one dynamic...more then decent third line. What do you think?

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 02:22 PM
  #19
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Latendresse

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 08:48 PM
  #20
Garry Valk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,869
vCash: 500
When are the Habs next cuts?

Leafs were today, Sens tomorrow...

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 08:49 PM
  #21
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Leafs were today, Sens tomorrow...
Should be tomorrow for us..

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 10:56 AM
  #22
GoHabsGO252006
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
RDS just said it will be after the game and the likelihood is it will be down to about 25 guys.

They said that the only youngsters playing tonight will be Latendresse, Perezhogin and Jancevski and I think that says alot.

The goalies will be pared down to Huet and Aebischer at this set up cuts as RDS confirms that the Habs are going with those two for the year.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:07 AM
  #23
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,123
vCash: 500
Next cuts IMO:

Forwards:
BAINES, Ajay
CHIPCHURA, Kyle I don't think he is NHL ready but they might keep him a bit
LOCKE, Corey career AHL'er
GRABOVSKI, Mikhail because of injury
Maybe KOSTITSYN, Andrei
Maybe LAPIERRE, Maxim


Defense:
BENOIT, André Not ready... seems to me he's scared to take a hit
O’BYRNE, Ryan
I don't know how Groulx did but I remember him as a great small D in the Juniors... wasn't he with Detroit?

Goal:
PRICE, Carey

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:06 AM
  #24
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
With cuts to come today, I figure it's a good time to bump this thread up. After last night's game, and based on Carbonneau saying they only want to keep *maybe* an extra forward and an extra defenseman, here are my guesses:

CUTS
BAINES, Ajay
CHIPCHURA, Kyle
LAPIERRE, Maxim
LOCKE, Corey
GRABOVSKI, Mikhail

BENOIT, Andre
GROULX, Danny
O'BYRNE, Ryan

PRICE, Carey
DANIS, Yann


That would leave us with:

FORWARDS
The following players are locks to be amongst the 14 up front (12 regular + 2 press box):
BÉGIN, Steve
BONK, Radek
HIGGINS, Chris
PLEKANEC, Tomas
JOHNSON, Mike
RIBEIRO, Mike
KOIVU, Saku
RYDER, Michael
SAMSONOV, Sergei
KOVALEV, Alex

The following players are competing for the 4 remaining spots in the top 14:
MURRAY, Garth
PEREZHOGIN, Alexander
LATENDRESSE, Guillaume
FERLAND, Jonathan
KOSTITSYN, Andrei
DOWNEY, Aaron


DEFENSEMEN:
The following players are pretty much a lock as our top 6:
KOMISAREK, Mike
MARKOV, Andrei
RIVET, Craig
DANDENAULT, Mathieu
SOURAY, Sheldon
STREIT, Mark

The player who IMO is a lock to be the #7:
JANCEVSKI, Dan

The following players are currently on IR:
BOUILLON, Francis
COTE, Jean-Philippe


GOALTENDERS:
HUET, Cristobal
AEBISCHER, David

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:08 AM
  #25
Turbo
Registered User
 
Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greys section 325
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
3 players cut: Chipchura, Lapierre, Groulx

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/213837.html

You can probably add Price & Danis as mentionned yesterday.

I'm surprised there are not more though.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.