HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Best Team?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2006, 05:23 PM
  #26
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,951
vCash: 500
WBS...

They just got edmontons best defensive prospect and best offensive prospect, Gilbert and Schremp. Both may not finish the year there but both are great players.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 01:47 AM
  #27
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr
 
Jessica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Jessica,

Forgive me for being pessimistic about the Rampage, but I have been following the Coyotes minor league affiliate a lot longer than you and have watched them go from being terrible to abysmal. Just when I think they can't get worse, they do.
Nothing wrong with that. I just hope that they can prove to be a good team with all the work the coyotes have put into them during the off season. They did look darn good in preseason with Conacher behind the bench. We have never won a preseason game before until Sunday. But it is preseason and that can change in the regular season. Just letting you know what I saw.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 03:49 PM
  #28
GOBLADESGO#3
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Biggar, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to GOBLADESGO#3
obviously the Marlies are going to dominate with Pogge between the pipes how could they not.

GOBLADESGO#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 05:07 PM
  #29
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLADESGO#3 View Post
obviously the Marlies are going to dominate with Pogge between the pipes how could they not.
Oh, of course. Jesus, why haven't they announced when the Calder Cup parade will be yet?

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 08:04 AM
  #30
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLADESGO#3 View Post
obviously the Marlies are going to dominate with Pogge between the pipes how could they not.
Yes, because prospect goaltenders never have a difficult transition from the junior game to the professional level.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 09:39 AM
  #31
hockeyprincess
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
This is the REAL Hockeyprincess Talking -- Who I Think is the Best in the AHL

I have four choices for this question:

(1) Toronto Marlies -- They have a stellar goaltender in Justin Pogge. Sure, he's only 20 years old but he is wickedly talented. He backstopped Canada to gold at the World Juniors; in fact, he did not let a goal in until the last game of the round robin, against the United States. Pogge will be a force. They also have Jiri Tlusty. Tlusty is actually giving up the chance to play for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the OHL to play for the Marlies. Greg Gilbert will be the happiest man alive with this kid. Tlusty is apparently very strong and I know that he will do well.

(2) Hamilton Bulldogs -- Andrei Kostitsyn will try to improve on a stellar year with the Bulldogs that he had last season and when he does, everyone will wake up and realize that Kostitsyn is the real deal. He will not be playing with his younger brother Sergei, but the older Kostitsyn needs to get this last year of AHL-style conditioning under his belt before he permanently cracks the roster of the Montreal Canadiens. Also, Jean-Philippe Cote is a stellar defenceman -- but does anyone else think that he looks like Shawn Horcoff of the Edmonton Oilers but with long hair? Cote is a physical presence and I know that he will add stability to the blueline in Hamilton. Yann Danis is an amazing goalie. He kept Hamilton in all of their games last year. He and Justin Pogge will be battling for the AHL's top goalie award this year, for sure. Lastly, Matthew D'Agostini is superlatively gifted. When he played for Guelph, he was amazing. I was so shocked to see the Canadiens grab him so quickly, but he is so talented that it will prove advantageous for him. Look out for breakout seasons for Andre Benoit, Francis Lemieux and Corey Locke... and beware of the Dogs!

(3) Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins -- Let's start with Robbie Schremp. In my opinion, Schremp is only in the AHL this year because there was no room for him on the roster for the Edmonton Oilers, now that Petr Sykora and Joffrey Lupul are among the forwards there. Schremp was a powerful player with the London Knights last year -- his attitude, well... that's another story -- and his return to them helped London get to the OHL final yet again after losing key players such as Marc Methot, Corey Perry and Danny Syvret (also an Edmonton Oilers prospect) from their Memorial Cup roster. Schremp makes any team he plays for better. Add him in with Tyler Kennedy and Jordan Morrison. Kennedy was a great player in Sault Ste. Marie with the Greyhounds; he was dazzling. He had finesse and scoring ability, kind of like Jeff Carter of the Philadelphia Flyers, a former Greyhound himself. And Morrison... I loved watching him when he played for the Peterborough Petes. It's too bad that he won't be with them this year; his leadership will be missed. While the AHL Penguins won't have Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin or Colby Armstrong, they already have a lot of depth.

(4) Milwaukee Admirals -- Two words: Alexander Radulov. Radulov can take almost any game and run away with it... the gold-medal games of the 2005 and 2006 World Juniors being the two glimmering exceptions. Radulov was so dominant last year for the Remparts and in the entire Canadian Hockey League that it is no wonder that he was player of the year. Can you believe that Radulov had only 75 points in his rookie season with the Remparts? Well, when he started to be coached by Patrick Roy, that surely changed. 152 points, powered by 61 goals, second in the CHL... finishing to a fellow QMJHLer, Maxime Boisclair (Chicoutimi Sagueneens), who had 70. Radulov will be a force on every level of Milwaukee's game: even strength, power play, penalty kill. Just make sure he doesn't go to the penalty box. The Nashville Predators had no room for him on their roster this year so that seems to be the main reason why he is not with them at the moment. (Sounds like Robbie Schremp's dilemma, eh?) However, if Radulov stays with Milwaukee for the whole season, they will do very well. Just wait for that twirling stick to start spinning.

In conclusion, I predict that the finals for the Calder Cup will be between the Milwaukee Admirals and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Radulov against Schremp. That will be the reason why I think that the final series will go the full seven. They are both natural scorers and they are both team leaders. However, I think that Milwaukee will win the Calder Cup in that seventh game.
************************************************** ********************************
Thank you... now you all know the real Hockeyprincess.

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 10:37 AM
  #32
Frankie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
1) Toronto Marlies -- They have a stellar goaltender in Justin Pogge. Sure, he's only 20 years old but he is wickedly talented. He backstopped Canada to gold at the World Juniors; in fact, he did not let a goal in until the last game of the round robin, against the United States. Pogge will be a force. They also have Jiri Tlusty. Tlusty is actually giving up the chance to play for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the OHL to play for the Marlies. Greg Gilbert will be the happiest man alive with this kid. Tlusty is apparently very strong and I know that he will do well.
couldn't disagree more.

two fine prospects for sure, but an ahl team cannot rely on two rookies to lead the way. they're 18 and 20 years old.

i think the marlies look quite thin this year. on paper, most teams look a lot deeper and have more experience.

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 11:27 AM
  #33
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
I have four choices for this question:

(1) Toronto Marlies -- They have a stellar goaltender in Justin Pogge. Sure, he's only 20 years old but he is wickedly talented. He backstopped Canada to gold at the World Juniors; in fact, he did not let a goal in until the last game of the round robin, against the United States. Pogge will be a force. They also have Jiri Tlusty. Tlusty is actually giving up the chance to play for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the OHL to play for the Marlies. Greg Gilbert will be the happiest man alive with this kid. Tlusty is apparently very strong and I know that he will do well.

(2) Hamilton Bulldogs -- Andrei Kostitsyn will try to improve on a stellar year with the Bulldogs that he had last season and when he does, everyone will wake up and realize that Kostitsyn is the real deal. He will not be playing with his younger brother Sergei, but the older Kostitsyn needs to get this last year of AHL-style conditioning under his belt before he permanently cracks the roster of the Montreal Canadiens. Also, Jean-Philippe Cote is a stellar defenceman -- but does anyone else think that he looks like Shawn Horcoff of the Edmonton Oilers but with long hair? Cote is a physical presence and I know that he will add stability to the blueline in Hamilton. Yann Danis is an amazing goalie. He kept Hamilton in all of their games last year. He and Justin Pogge will be battling for the AHL's top goalie award this year, for sure. Lastly, Matthew D'Agostini is superlatively gifted. When he played for Guelph, he was amazing. I was so shocked to see the Canadiens grab him so quickly, but he is so talented that it will prove advantageous for him. Look out for breakout seasons for Andre Benoit, Francis Lemieux and Corey Locke... and beware of the Dogs!

(3) Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins -- Let's start with Robbie Schremp. In my opinion, Schremp is only in the AHL this year because there was no room for him on the roster for the Edmonton Oilers, now that Petr Sykora and Joffrey Lupul are among the forwards there. Schremp was a powerful player with the London Knights last year -- his attitude, well... that's another story -- and his return to them helped London get to the OHL final yet again after losing key players such as Marc Methot, Corey Perry and Danny Syvret (also an Edmonton Oilers prospect) from their Memorial Cup roster. Schremp makes any team he plays for better. Add him in with Tyler Kennedy and Jordan Morrison. Kennedy was a great player in Sault Ste. Marie with the Greyhounds; he was dazzling. He had finesse and scoring ability, kind of like Jeff Carter of the Philadelphia Flyers, a former Greyhound himself. And Morrison... I loved watching him when he played for the Peterborough Petes. It's too bad that he won't be with them this year; his leadership will be missed. While the AHL Penguins won't have Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin or Colby Armstrong, they already have a lot of depth.

(4) Milwaukee Admirals -- Two words: Alexander Radulov. Radulov can take almost any game and run away with it... the gold-medal games of the 2005 and 2006 World Juniors being the two glimmering exceptions. Radulov was so dominant last year for the Remparts and in the entire Canadian Hockey League that it is no wonder that he was player of the year. Can you believe that Radulov had only 75 points in his rookie season with the Remparts? Well, when he started to be coached by Patrick Roy, that surely changed. 152 points, powered by 61 goals, second in the CHL... finishing to a fellow QMJHLer, Maxime Boisclair (Chicoutimi Sagueneens), who had 70. Radulov will be a force on every level of Milwaukee's game: even strength, power play, penalty kill. Just make sure he doesn't go to the penalty box. The Nashville Predators had no room for him on their roster this year so that seems to be the main reason why he is not with them at the moment. (Sounds like Robbie Schremp's dilemma, eh?) However, if Radulov stays with Milwaukee for the whole season, they will do very well. Just wait for that twirling stick to start spinning.

In conclusion, I predict that the finals for the Calder Cup will be between the Milwaukee Admirals and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Radulov against Schremp. That will be the reason why I think that the final series will go the full seven. They are both natural scorers and they are both team leaders. However, I think that Milwaukee will win the Calder Cup in that seventh game.
************************************************** ********************************
Thank you... now you all know the real Hockeyprincess.
Couldn't disagree more with you. I expect Hamilton to be in the basement in the north division. You seem to like to mention a couple good prospects for each team, but fail to mention much else. Didn't even mention Erik Westrum for Toronto, who will probably be their best player.

Milwaukee has lost a ton from last year and they look no where near as strong. But they have a good coach and are always in contention. But one of the top teams? Unlikely.

And finally WBS. Everyone always seems to think they will be great. Maybe they'll be OK, but Andrew Penner will not take that team anywhere. I watched him play for Syracuse a ton. Backup goalie who can't carry a team.

So yes, I realize they are your opinions, I just think they are wrong.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 11:56 AM
  #34
Jim Boeheim
Registered User
 
Jim Boeheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 4,686
vCash: 500
Wait! Tlustly is giving up a chance to play for St Saint Marie (OHL)?
If he's as good as you, and others say he his, he should be in the A.
If he was going back to Juniors then i'd say you were right in saying he was "giving up a chacne to play" with the better team.

I expect Toronto be a much improved team (see Pogge and Westrum), but Hamilton? No way. Yan Danis cannot carry that group.

There is much more to being successful in this league than having a top prospect. Radulov, Schremp, Pogge are all nice players, but they need the supporting cast for their repsctive teams to be any good.

If Jagr played on the blackhawks, would they be an elite team?

__________________
Wings & Sabres = My Dream Finals ... in any season
Jim Boeheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 12:21 PM
  #35
hockeyprincess
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Boeheim View Post
Wait! Tlustly is giving up a chance to play for St Saint Marie (OHL)?
If he's as good as you, and others say he his, he should be in the A.
If he was going back to Juniors then i'd say you were right in saying he was "giving up a chacne to play" with the better team.

I expect Toronto be a much improved team (see Pogge and Westrum), but Hamilton? No way. Yan Danis cannot carry that group.

There is much more to being successful in this league than having a top prospect. Radulov, Schremp, Pogge are all nice players, but they need the supporting cast for their repsctive teams to be any good.

If Jagr played on the blackhawks, would they be an elite team?
Tlusty is not playing with the Soo right now for one reason: they filled their import quota. The Greyhounds have signed a player from Switzerland named Yannick Weber and they still have Czech Republic native David Kuchejda on their roster. So, he's not giving it up, per se, but he is unable to play there; he probably would have given it up anyway. Since he already has his contract, he could get recalled whenever the Leafs need him. Kuchejda will likely be signed to the Blackhawks this offseason, so Tlusty could play with the Hounds in 2007-08.

Hamilton is going to be better than they were last season. Yann Danis has help in carrying the group, thanks to Jaroslav Halak. Apparently, Halak is a very good goaltender. Also, Danny Syvret and Mathieu Roy will be there, as well as Marc-Antoine Pouliot. Andrei Kostitsyn had a terrific pre-season with the Canadiens and I expect good things from him. And he will have a fellow Belarusian with him: Mikhail Grabovsky. This guy is supposedly better than Kostitsyn! Watch out for Hamilton; mark my words, they will do just fine.

As for Radulov and Schremp, they have great players around them. Radulov has two former OHL powerhouses with him in Milwaukee: John Vigilante (Plymouth) and Kelsey Wilson (Guelph). Vigilante will help with the scoring and Wilson will be the guy to beat the crap out of anyone who dares bother either of them.

Don't worry... my choices are well-founded.
This should be a great year.
MILWAUKEE ADMIRALS = 2007 CALDER CUP CHAMPS!

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 12:53 PM
  #36
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,592
vCash: 500
Fine, but Andrew Penner will not take any team to the Calder Cup finals. Better hope WBS gets some other goalie soon.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 01:16 PM
  #37
CrunchFan188
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
I second that!! Penner does not have the talent to bring a team to the finals, i saw that first hand last year. Penner some nights will be awsome, other nights he will be horrid! You just never know what Penner is going to show up.

And the Dog's will be in the basement. How can you not say the moose look better then the dogs? They have Reid,Moran, Goren, Schults. The Crunch look better as well, with Platt, Hartigan, Bougneki, Motzko, Picard, Lindstrom, Pieanult and Dupuis. (Dupuis has 5 points in two games in the preseason and Pieanult had 3 in two games, i know its only preseason, but watch out for those two kids).... and talk about goalie of the year? Look no further then Thomas Popperle.

CrunchFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 01:25 PM
  #38
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchFan188 View Post
I second that!! Penner does not have the talent to bring a team to the finals, i saw that first hand last year. Penner some nights will be awsome, other nights he will be horrid! You just never know what Penner is going to show up.

And the Dog's will be in the basement. How can you not say the moose look better then the dogs? They have Reid,Moran, Goren, Schults. The Crunch look better as well, with Platt, Hartigan, Bougneki, Motzko, Picard, Lindstrom, Pieanult and Dupuis. (Dupuis has 5 points in two games in the preseason and Pieanult had 3 in two games, i know its only preseason, but watch out for those two kids).... and talk about goalie of the year? Look no further then Thomas Popperle.
Yes we understand you think the Crunch will be great. Relax. They look good. Not great, not bad but good.

The Amerks have the potential to be the best team in the division but also the worst. It'll be somewhere in the middle. 3rd place finish is my guess.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 01:29 PM
  #39
Hockey1981
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
I'm a out of towner and was looking for people's predicitons are on Grand Rapids and their team..

Hockey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 02:09 PM
  #40
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
(4) Milwaukee Admirals -- Two words: Alexander Radulov. Radulov can take almost any game and run away with it... the gold-medal games of the 2005 and 2006 World Juniors being the two glimmering exceptions. Radulov was so dominant last year for the Remparts and in the entire Canadian Hockey League that it is no wonder that he was player of the year. Can you believe that Radulov had only 75 points in his rookie season with the Remparts? Well, when he started to be coached by Patrick Roy, that surely changed. 152 points, powered by 61 goals, second in the CHL... finishing to a fellow QMJHLer, Maxime Boisclair (Chicoutimi Sagueneens), who had 70. Radulov will be a force on every level of Milwaukee's game: even strength, power play, penalty kill. Just make sure he doesn't go to the penalty box. The Nashville Predators had no room for him on their roster this year so that seems to be the main reason why he is not with them at the moment. (Sounds like Robbie Schremp's dilemma, eh?) However, if Radulov stays with Milwaukee for the whole season, they will do very well. Just wait for that twirling stick to start spinning.
Two more words: Injury replacement. The Preds were second in the NHL last year in man games lost due to injury. Over conservative David Poile seems to have compensated for this with a glut of forwards, those of which are on two-way contracts and waiver exempt will be moved regularily, just as Upshall, Tootoo, and Shea Weber were last season. Only thing this year is that Radulov is the only young forward who is exempt that would be ready for the Preds roster. Scott Walker is gone but, he is replaced by equally vulnerable Josef Visacek. I wouldn't expect to see Radulov hotdog for more than 30 games with the MilAds.

On another note, Pekka Rinne underwent shoulder surgery late this past summer and will be out until January. MilAds fans wil have to wait to see if he suffers this season from a sophomore slump. I would hope not but, missing half the season is going to be a set back to his developement. Until then The MilAds are using who the Preds shipped down, including Karl Goehring starting (initially slated to play about 20 games this year in a back-up role - PLUS has already been concussed during training camp) and Scott (the CHL back-up) Reid as the #2.

The firepower from the past three seasons may be gone, but thay have been replaced by non-prospects (Ramzi Abid - not bad) as the next wave of Preds prospects plays out their junior careers. However, look for Cal O'Reilly to make some noise as an AHL rookie this season - he looked good during his short stint with the club last year. John Vigilante may be another AHL performer.

But, thank you for the vote of confidence in the MilAds, I hope they pull out a Calder win myself. Once Rinne comes back in January and the Preds are hopefully settled in a good run, things may be good for the MilAds.


Last edited by AdmiralPred: 10-05-2006 at 02:17 PM.
AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 02:13 PM
  #41
Majik1987
I know kung fu...
 
Majik1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 4,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
I have four choices for this question:
(4) Milwaukee Admirals -- Two words: Alexander Radulov. Radulov can take almost any game and run away with it... the gold-medal games of the 2005 and 2006 World Juniors being the two glimmering exceptions. Radulov was so dominant last year for the Remparts and in the entire Canadian Hockey League that it is no wonder that he was player of the year. Can you believe that Radulov had only 75 points in his rookie season with the Remparts? Well, when he started to be coached by Patrick Roy, that surely changed. 152 points, powered by 61 goals, second in the CHL... finishing to a fellow QMJHLer, Maxime Boisclair (Chicoutimi Sagueneens), who had 70. Radulov will be a force on every level of Milwaukee's game: even strength, power play, penalty kill. Just make sure he doesn't go to the penalty box. The Nashville Predators had no room for him on their roster this year so that seems to be the main reason why he is not with them at the moment. (Sounds like Robbie Schremp's dilemma, eh?) However, if Radulov stays with Milwaukee for the whole season, they will do very well. Just wait for that twirling stick to start spinning.

In conclusion, I predict that the finals for the Calder Cup will be between the Milwaukee Admirals and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Radulov against Schremp. That will be the reason why I think that the final series will go the full seven. They are both natural scorers and they are both team leaders. However, I think that Milwaukee will win the Calder Cup in that seventh game.
************************************************** ********************************
Thank you... now you all know the real Hockeyprincess.
First, I want to say nice job for a reasoned and intelligent post. I disagree with you on Milwaukee, but you have at least given it a good college try. I cannot say anything about the other selections because we see teams outside our division so infrequently, it is tough to form an opinion.

Now, on Milwaukee, Radulov may or may not save the season for Milwaukee, but you have to look at the talent drain on the team. For starters, goalie Pekka Rinne will be out for quite some time due to a shoulder injury. Karl Goehring is a big step down. The team also appears to have defenseman Shea Webber and foward Greg Zannon to Nashville. These were key players for Milwaukee in the last couple years. On the veteran side, the team lost Simon Gamache and Darren Haydar. Gamache will be replaced by Radulov, but Haydar was a force for that team. Worse still for Milwaukee, he went to their biggest rival (good for me though!).

Yes, Milwaukee brought is Ramzi Abid and Shane Endicott, but as a fan who watched Abid last year, I can say that he does have a penchant for taking reeally dumb penalties. I appreciated his scoring, but found myself getting frustrated with his penalties. I'd have traded Haydar for Abid in a heart beat.

I think that there are enough questions around Milwaukee that they would not make a good pick as the Western Conference Champions, let alone the Calder Champions.

Good healthy debate, though.

Now, your question will be, "who is going to win in your opinion"? I think the rosters are still changing enough to say we can't say yet. My own team, the Wolves, have moved seven players in the last 48 hours, and there are still more moves to come. I am reserving my opinion until the rosters are at least set for opening night.

Majik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 04:42 PM
  #42
CrunchFan188
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
About Grand Rapids... I dont know, they lost Huddler and Maclean those points will be hard to make up... they did sign Jeff Hamiltion, but he made the BlackHawks.... they dont look as great as they were last year, but they dont look bad either.

CrunchFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2006, 09:56 AM
  #43
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987 View Post
*CUT*
Now, on Milwaukee, Radulov may or may not save the season for Milwaukee, but you have to look at the talent drain on the team. For starters, goalie Pekka Rinne will be out for quite some time due to a shoulder injury. Karl Goehring is a big step down. The team also appears to have defenseman Shea Webber and foward Greg Zannon to Nashville. These were key players for Milwaukee in the last couple years. On the veteran side, the team lost Simon Gamache and Darren Haydar. Gamache will be replaced by Radulov, but Haydar was a force for that team. Worse still for Milwaukee, he went to their biggest rival (good for me though!).

Yes, Milwaukee brought is Ramzi Abid and Shane Endicott, but as a fan who watched Abid last year, I can say that he does have a penchant for taking reeally dumb penalties. I appreciated his scoring, but found myself getting frustrated with his penalties. I'd have traded Haydar for Abid in a heart beat. *CUT*
Agreed on all fronts. However, one of the nice things about having a parent club with a GM like Poile is that a new wave of talent should come in to replace the guys recently departed. Abid and Endicott are in as is Kim Staal (who's looking pretty darn good so far in both the Pred's and MilAd's camps) as non-prospects but, some young Preds prospects include O'Reilly, Vigilante, and I've been hearing and seeing some good stuff from Kelsey Wilson and Daniel Widing. Add Radulov, who I do not see playing more than 30 AHL matches, (I'll also plug Kevin Klein here since he should see a lot more NHL time this year) and the team seems pretty solid. I don't think a division championship is in the cards, however, it isn't out of reach.

Still, hard to replace:
Libor Pivko, Greg Classen, Simon Gamache, Darren Haydar, Scottie Upshall, Jordin Tootoo, and even Shea Weber and Durno.

AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:48 AM
  #44
hockeyprincess
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Hamilton and Toronto both won their first games.

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 12:14 PM
  #45
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
Hamilton and Toronto both won their first games.
And the Crunch got crunched.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:04 PM
  #46
Jim Boeheim
Registered User
 
Jim Boeheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 4,686
vCash: 500
Penner allowed 7 goals to Hershey tonight.

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1002243

Jim Boeheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:24 PM
  #47
Seabass
Onward and Upward
 
Seabass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seabass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Boeheim View Post
Penner allowed 7 goals to Hershey tonight.

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1002243
Penner's rebound control is an illusion. And the Pens' defense was completely inept tonight, letting 3 two-line passes through for breakaways.

Seabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:48 PM
  #48
Transported Upstater
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Take care, all. :)
Country: United States
Posts: 22,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Oh, of course. Jesus, why haven't they announced when the Calder Cup parade will be yet?
Pogge will win the Vezina this year.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 07:31 PM
  #49
CrunchFan188
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Ill be the first to admit it! I was WRONG!!! WOW!! Just goes to show if you dont have a good coach, things are not going to work!! They look lost out there!!!

CrunchFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 06:45 AM
  #50
Rumblick
Registered User
 
Rumblick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: I - 78
Country: United States
Posts: 1,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchFan188 View Post
Ill be the first to admit it! I was WRONG!!! WOW!! Just goes to show if you dont have a good coach, things are not going to work!! They look lost out there!!!
Come down off the ledge, won't you?

It's October 9th. A tad early to be bailing out. Teams need time to get things going. If the Crunch still stink in January, then you can panic.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.