HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Pre-Season GDT: Rangers @ Bruins l 09/30 l 4 ET l NESN

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2006, 08:15 PM
  #501
WickedBruinsGirl
06.15.11
 
WickedBruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: loge 19 ♥
Country: United States
Posts: 14,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny View Post


Yes, it happens to most everyone. And when it happens it's a mistake. And rookies tend to make more mistakes than experienced guys.
Therefore, it was a "rookie mistake" because Kessel is a rookie.

If any of the experienced players made the same mistake, it'd be called a "dumb mistake" or "the end of the world" or something.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:16 PM
  #502
Mike B.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny View Post


Yes, it happens to most everyone. And when it happens it's a mistake. And rookies tend to make more mistakes than experienced guys.
What was Hal Gill's excuse?

Mike B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:17 PM
  #503
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint
 
Lady Rhian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lakes Region, NH
Posts: 22,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B. View Post
What was Hal Gill's excuse?
Wow, put the axe down, will you?

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:18 PM
  #504
Shinny
Registered User
 
Shinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 9,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B. View Post
What was Hal Gill's excuse?
Umm, he wasn't very good?



For people who didn't see the game, Doug Flynn has a summary of how each period of play went on his Herald blog.

http://bostonherald.com/blogs/bruinsInsider/

Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:21 PM
  #505
WickedBruinsGirl
06.15.11
 
WickedBruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: loge 19 ♥
Country: United States
Posts: 14,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B. View Post
What was Hal Gill's excuse?
He was overplayed? He was really a 5-6-7 defenseman who got 1-2-3-4 minutes?

WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:22 PM
  #506
trenton1
Paille Good
 
trenton1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Loge 31 Row 10
Country: Belize
Posts: 6,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4419 View Post
Not exactly from you, just others. It seemed whenever I mentioned Mara's name during the game, somebody was always quick to point out the trade and why I might not like him.

Good point about Chiarelli and Gorton. I hope Mara does play up to everybody's expectations.
Sorry if it appeared I was calling you out. I wasn't, I was curious. I've harboured ill feelings for replacements of my favorites in the past but eventually I figure out who is ultimately responsible.

I guess if Paul Mara doesn't turn out to be David Lee Roth circa 1981 then we can blame Chiarelli, just like I blame Eddie VH for wanting to "mature" with his keyboards and leashed-up front man.

trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:25 PM
  #507
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint
 
Lady Rhian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lakes Region, NH
Posts: 22,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
Sorry if it appeared I was calling you out. I wasn't, I was curious. I've harboured ill feelings for replacements of my favorites in the past but eventually I figure out who is ultimately responsible.

I guess if Paul Mara doesn't turn out to be David Lee Roth circa 1981 then we can blame Chiarelli, just like I blame Eddie VH for wanting to "mature" with his keyboards and leashed-up front man.
David is back with the band again, and the sun is shining again. He still hates brown M&M's.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:40 PM
  #508
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,172
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
I agree. Early in this thread, I was saying I thought the refs had an agenda this afternoon. They totally killed the game, and it was both ways- not just the Bruins, but even a couple of questionable calls against the Rangers as well. They totally killed the game.

Only one call of Mara's was legit, the other two were monsters.

This is the only game that I've seen him in, so I am reserving judgement for a bit. I thought he played ok- not bad, but not great.
he was the one guy I watched- and he impressed the heck out of me. I realize many here are experts or if not know more than me, but this kid skates well, is quick for his size, played the body, and is very good on moving the puck. He got hosed- and gets called for a couple of crap calls. As we watched we talked about the board reactions and we agreed Mara would get negative comments because of this. He was one of the few guys along with Alberts that played the body.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:42 PM
  #509
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
David is back with the band again, and the sun is shining again. He still hates brown M&M's.
On a completely unrelated note to hockey, I recently heard one of the most bizarre interviews of Diamond Dave of all time on Howard Stern. I mean, they (Howard, Robin, SJ) were all going W T F??? when it was over. I've not heard Howard so completely flabbergasted like that in a long time.

Leave it to David Lee Roth to pull that off...

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:46 PM
  #510
WickedBruinsGirl
06.15.11
 
WickedBruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: loge 19 ♥
Country: United States
Posts: 14,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
Sorry if it appeared I was calling you out. I wasn't, I was curious. I've harboured ill feelings for replacements of my favorites in the past but eventually I figure out who is ultimately responsible.

I guess if Paul Mara doesn't turn out to be David Lee Roth circa 1981 then we can blame Chiarelli, just like I blame Eddie VH for wanting to "mature" with his keyboards and leashed-up front man.
Not a problem. It's okay to be curious. I was probably too defensive in my reply.

If the trade didn't happen in the off-season, then maybe I'd have ill feelings today, but I don't. I'm over it. And you're right, it's the person ultimately responsible and not the replacement(s).

I'm indifferent to Mara, who I've always seemed to like (I think it's the Belmont thing), but obviously I haven't seen him too much to form an opinion about him, which goes for every other new player the B's signed. And I'm not about to form a concrete opinion about him, or any other new player, based on some scrimmages and pre-season games.

The regular season is what really matters.

__________________
Missing for days but nobody missed her.
WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:51 PM
  #511
erfus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
Kalus can't go to the AHL. It's either NHL or junior for him.
That's not what the Boston Herald has reported.

http://bruins.bostonherald.com/bruin...ticleid=159835
Quote:
Sticking around

Rookie forward Petr Kalus has been told he can open this season at Providence (AHL), and is not required to return to his junior team, the Regina Pats, if he fails to win a spot on the Boston roster.

ďMy agent told me he called NHLPA and Iím not going back to junior,Ē said Kalus yesterday. ďItís either Boston or Providence. I think that is good news for me, because I donít want to play junior anymore. Hopefully I will make the team, but if not, itís really good for me to play at Providence. Itís close. I can go up if I play good.Ē

Bís coach Dave Lewis said he was still awaiting official word on the Kalus ruling. He said the final cuts will come Sunday or Monday, after the final exhibition. . . .

erfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:55 PM
  #512
erfus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
he was the one guy I watched- and he impressed the heck out of me. I realize many here are experts or if not know more than me, but this kid skates well, is quick for his size, played the body, and is very good on moving the puck. He got hosed- and gets called for a couple of crap calls. As we watched we talked about the board reactions and we agreed Mara would get negative comments because of this. He was one of the few guys along with Alberts that played the body.
I dunno, I thought Mara was the most talented guy on the ice. Not necessarily 'best', but he's huge, he has great vision (sweet pass to Donovan), threw his weight around, and moves very well. The penalties were not encouraging, but he showed why he still has top-2 upside.

I am in the minority apparently, but I liked Tenkrat. I have heard he's a 'poor man's Martin Samuelsson', but I actually thought he played a great game in limited minutes. I was happy he chipped in a goal, and I'd much rather give ice time to someone that can skate like Tenkrat instead of a guy like Brookbank or a stone-handed Jeff Hoggan.

erfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:55 PM
  #513
WickedBruinsGirl
06.15.11
 
WickedBruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: loge 19 ♥
Country: United States
Posts: 14,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
he was the one guy I watched- and he impressed the heck out of me. I realize many here are experts or if not know more than me, but this kid skates well, is quick for his size, played the body, and is very good on moving the puck. He got hosed- and gets called for a couple of crap calls. As we watched we talked about the board reactions and we agreed Mara would get negative comments because of this. He was one of the few guys along with Alberts that played the body.
As you said in another thread DKH, tv probably didn't do Mara any justice. The refs didn't either for that fact.

I need to pay more attention.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:05 PM
  #514
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,172
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4419 View Post
As you said in another thread DKH, tv probably didn't do Mara any justice. The refs didn't either for that fact.

I need to pay more attention.
the refs flat out sucked, and I could care if the Bruins lost 7-5- just give me some freakin up and down action and some hitting. On one of Mara's penalties I was afraid the Rangers guy would get hurt realizing he wasn't going to land in water when he landed.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:16 PM
  #515
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,172
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by erfus View Post
I dunno, I thought Mara was the most talented guy on the ice. Not necessarily 'best', but he's huge, he has great vision (sweet pass to Donovan), threw his weight around, and moves very well. The penalties were not encouraging, but he showed why he still has top-2 upside.

I am in the minority apparently, but I liked Tenkrat. I have heard he's a 'poor man's Martin Samuelsson', but I actually thought he played a great game in limited minutes. I was happy he chipped in a goal, and I'd much rather give ice time to someone that can skate like Tenkrat instead of a guy like Brookbank or a stone-handed Jeff Hoggan.
Tenkrat suprised me also- he has the best hair on the team and dressed well, he looks more like the California kid (review of players before the game). Tenkrat came in with Kalus, and where Petr looked like about as comfortable as a new kid the first day at school, Tenkrat seemed pretty relaxed. Kessel on the other hand looks like he landed from 1975 from getting his senior pictures in HS. I got a great picture with him and my kid that I will get up here some day. I'd bet SEEKACUP an autographed picture of Dave Lewis that Kessel has little or no attitude problem; likely he is just a kid who's kind of a bit out there at times- been there, and at times still am.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:16 PM
  #516
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint
 
Lady Rhian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lakes Region, NH
Posts: 22,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
he was the one guy I watched- and he impressed the heck out of me. I realize many here are experts or if not know more than me, but this kid skates well, is quick for his size, played the body, and is very good on moving the puck. He got hosed- and gets called for a couple of crap calls. As we watched we talked about the board reactions and we agreed Mara would get negative comments because of this. He was one of the few guys along with Alberts that played the body.
Hence, why I am reserving my judgement for later. This is my first time watching him with the B's, and I must admit, I never really saw too much of him before now, so I don't really have much of an impression on him just yet. One of his penalties was a no no for a vet, but hey, it's preseason and doesn't really matter. I hope to see what you're seeing in him as well as other folks.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:20 PM
  #517
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint
 
Lady Rhian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lakes Region, NH
Posts: 22,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
On a completely unrelated note to hockey, I recently heard one of the most bizarre interviews of Diamond Dave of all time on Howard Stern. I mean, they (Howard, Robin, SJ) were all going W T F??? when it was over. I've not heard Howard so completely flabbergasted like that in a long time.

Leave it to David Lee Roth to pull that off...
If Howard was flabbergasted, then it must have been really bad.

Have you seen David lately? He looks like somebody's grandmother (yes, folks, I said grandmother)- with all of his money, you'd think he could afford to at least take better care of himself. He's lost his looks- yuck! Eddie doesn't look so hot, either, but he does have cancer so I am sure that hasn't helped his looks much (he still looked horrible before he went for treatments, though).

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:23 PM
  #518
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,172
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
If Howard was flabbergasted, then it must have been really bad.

Have you seen David lately? He looks like somebody's grandmother (yes, folks, I said grandmother)- with all of his money, you'd think he could afford to at least take better care of himself. He's lost his looks- yuck! Eddie doesn't look so hot, either, but he does have cancer so I am sure that hasn't helped his looks much (he still looked horrible before he went for treatments, though).
you want to see a bunch of athletes who lost their looks- I saw this 4 am infomercial on the other night about some pill you take that makes you,,,,,,err, energetic and they had a group picture of about a dozen former (please God let them be retired) male adult entertainment performers who endorsed it. Seeing one of these guys still 'active' would fall under seeing your grandmother naked.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:26 PM
  #519
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
If Howard was flabbergasted, then it must have been really bad.

Have you seen David lately? He looks like somebody's grandmother (yes, folks, I said grandmother)- with all of his money, you'd think he could afford to at least take better care of himself. He's lost his looks- yuck! Eddie doesn't look so hot, either, but he does have cancer so I am sure that hasn't helped his looks much (he still looked horrible before he went for treatments, though).

Yeah, I've seen him... I mean- even 10 years or so ago, Beavis and Butthead were making fun of him.

He also had a cameo on The Sopranos a few seasons back. He was a player in one of Tony's exclusive celebrity card games.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:28 PM
  #520
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint
 
Lady Rhian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lakes Region, NH
Posts: 22,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Seeing one of these guys still 'active' would fall under seeing your grandmother naked.
OMG, thanks for THAT visual. My grandmother naked-

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:30 PM
  #521
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint
 
Lady Rhian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lakes Region, NH
Posts: 22,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Yeah, I've seen him... I mean- even 10 years or so ago, Beavis and Butthead were making fun of him.

He also had a cameo on The Sopranos a few seasons back. He was a player in one of Tony's exclusive celebrity card games.

His seatless pants are more attractive than his face.

I didn't know he was in the Sopranos, then again, I've never watched the Sopranos.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:34 PM
  #522
Terry O
Registered User
 
Terry O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NH:WILDCAT Country
Country: United States
Posts: 2,217
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Terry O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
Anyone else miss Boynton yet?
Yes

Terry O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:42 PM
  #523
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,172
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Yeah, I've seen him... I mean- even 10 years or so ago, Beavis and Butthead were making fun of him.

He also had a cameo on The Sopranos a few seasons back. He was a player in one of Tony's exclusive celebrity card games.
when I was a kid Van Halen were legends- to see what has happened to David Lee Roth would be like going into a used car lot and having Phil Esposito come out and try and sell you a Ford Pinto. David Lee Roth should have made enough money to live on some remote island with one of Rod Stewart's former girl friends. Sad.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:49 PM
  #524
Wonder Boy
2026 Draft Prospect
 
Wonder Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ancaster, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Not impressed with the teams effort. Murray absolutely blew the coverage on Prucha and allowed him all the open ice in the World for the 1st Rags goal. I don't think Hannu had a prayer on the 2nd Rags goal either.

Once again I was not impressed with Kessel. He loses way too many one on one battles and is completely ineffective in the corners. I would comment that he doesn't finish his checks.....but truth be told he didn't layout an honest hit all night. He was invading Bergeron's ice space again and I'm not even going to bother ripping him a new behind for the blunder in front of the net. He seems to be catching Glen Murray's laziness tendencies.

I was impressed with Yan Stastny's play. I thought he looked very good on the LW with Donovan and Primeau. He made some nice give and goes and charged to the net. He got his nose dirty and played a solid chippy game all around. I would like to see him continue with these 2 and let Axey ride LW with Muzz and Savard.

Savard played really well and looks to have eyes in the back of his head. He did a great job protecting the puck and you can see how good his vision is.

Hulk Hoggan I thought provided some solid energy....but seemed to be a step behind the play. Seems to be an okay skater....but his overall speed is lacking. I'm not sure his balls to the wall energy is enough to compensate for mediocre/bad hockeysense.

The D

I was very impressed with Dempsey tonight and thought he did an awesome job on the PP. He worked very well with Savard and did a good job keeping the puck inside the offensive zone. He made some darling passes and let a few good shots go. If it were up to me I'd keep Dempsey as the #6 and let York sit as a 7th. I thought York looked okay, but I thought overall Dempsey was better....especially on the PP.

Alberts looked great tonight despite the penalties. He did a very good job moving the puck and utilizing his partner. He played with some real meanness along the boards and in front of the net. I think he's developed nicely so far.

Brookbank is an absolute waste of space.

Based on the last couple of games this is what I'd do up front.....

Sturm - Bergeron - Boyes

This line needs someone to go into the corners and get the puck back. Sturm provides sound offense and defense.

Axelsson - Savard - Murray


This line did an okay job tonight and I thought Axelsson and Savard played well together. If Murray would hussle once in a while that unit may eventually do something.

Stastny - Primeau - Donovan

I was very impressed with this unit and I'd like them to stick. Spunky trio that clicked in all 3 zones despite going scoreless.

Tenkrat - Mowers - Kessel

Kessel has great skills but he doesn't deserve much ice time. Right now he is more of a liability than a threat. I think he'd be more effective with these 2 guys because of the speed and grit they bring every shift. I don't have a problem having Kessel on the PP....but no way should he play top line minutes 5-5.

Keep Brookbank in the pressbox and put the Hulkster on waivers to Providence.

I’m a little peeved that Kalus didn’t get an opportunity to play in the last 2 exhibition games. It’s obvious he’s heading to Providence....but IMO should be the 1st guy called when an injury strikes one of the Bruins forwards.

Wonder Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 10:05 PM
  #525
whitetape
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country:
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Boy View Post
Not impressed with the teams effort. Murray absolutely blew the coverage on Prucha and allowed him all the open ice in the World for the 1st Rags goal. I don't think Hannu had a prayer on the 2nd Rags goal either.

Once again I was not impressed with Kessel. He loses way too many one on one battles and is completely ineffective in the corners. I would comment that he doesn't finish his checks.....but truth be told he didn't layout an honest hit all night. He was invading Bergeron's ice space again and I'm not even going to bother ripping him a new behind for the blunder in front of the net. He seems to be catching Glen Murray's laziness tendencies.

I was impressed with Yan Stastny's play. I thought he looked very good on the LW with Donovan and Primeau. He made some nice give and goes and charged to the net. He got his nose dirty and played a solid chippy game all around. I would like to see him continue with these 2 and let Axey ride LW with Muzz and Savard.

Savard played really well and looks to have eyes in the back of his head. He did a great job protecting the puck and you can see how good his vision is.

Hulk Hoggan I thought provided some solid energy....but seemed to be a step behind the play. Seems to be an okay skater....but his overall speed is lacking. I'm not sure his balls to the wall energy is enough to compensate for mediocre/bad hockeysense.

The D

I was very impressed with Dempsey tonight and thought he did an awesome job on the PP. He worked very well with Savard and did a good job keeping the puck inside the offensive zone. He made some darling passes and let a few good shots go. If it were up to me I'd keep Dempsey as the #6 and let York sit as a 7th. I thought York looked okay, but I thought overall Dempsey was better....especially on the PP.

Alberts looked great tonight despite the penalties. He did a very good job moving the puck and utilizing his partner. He played with some real meanness along the boards and in front of the net. I think he's developed nicely so far.

Brookbank is an absolute waste of space.

Based on the last couple of games this is what I'd do up front.....

Sturm - Bergeron - Boyes

This line needs someone to go into the corners and get the puck back. Sturm provides sound offense and defense.

Axelsson - Savard - Murray


This line did an okay job tonight and I thought Axelsson and Savard played well together. If Murray would hussle once in a while that unit may eventually do something.

Stastny - Primeau - Donovan

I was very impressed with this unit and I'd like them to stick. Spunky trio that clicked in all 3 zones despite going scoreless.

Tenkrat - Mowers - Kessel

Kessel has great skills but he doesn't deserve much ice time. Right now he is more of a liability than a threat. I think he'd be more effective with these 2 guys because of the speed and grit they bring every shift. I don't have a problem having Kessel on the PP....but no way should he play top line minutes 5-5.

Keep Brookbank in the pressbox and put the Hulkster on waivers to Providence.

I’m a little peeved that Kalus didn’t get an opportunity to play in the last 2 exhibition games. It’s obvious he’s heading to Providence....but IMO should be the 1st guy called when an injury strikes one of the Bruins forwards.
Wonderboy wrote:
Quote:
Once again I was not impressed with Kessel. He loses way too many one on one battles and is completely ineffective in the corners. I would comment that he doesn't finish his checks.....but truth be told he didn't layout an honest hit all night. He was invading Bergeron's ice space again and I'm not even going to bother ripping him a new behind for the blunder in front of the net. He seems to be catching Glen Murray's laziness tendencies.
Boy, you're tough. While he can be knocked off his feet, and did cough up the puck in front of the net, I thought he showed a lot of smarts and ice presence, he backchecked responsibly, and I am pretty sure he led the team in shots on net. One in particular was a terrific one-timer in close that Lundquist made one of his best saves on. Though he is certainly not a banger, I predict he will end up being a prolific goal scorer, which is pretty much what the Bruins need.

I also thought Mara looked great, as did Alberts. And Boyes had a very strong game. And of course Savard -- what a good signing!

whitetape is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.