Notices

Inside Hockey Show 9/30 (Now on XM!)

Old
09-28-2006, 09:30 PM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Inside Hockey Show 9/30 (Now on XM!)

The Inside Hockey Radio Show is proud to bring you some huge news. In addition to our regular show whichs airs on Sporting News Radio 1510 The Zone in Boston from 4-6 PM ET, we are launching an all-new show on XM Satellite Radio from 2-4 PM ET (Home Ice Channel 204). Now, hockey fans across North America will be able to tune in and Get Inside each and every week during the hockey season!

We've got a lot of very exciting guests lined up for this week's show, so without further ado, here are the lineups…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSIDE HOCKEY RADIO SHOW ON XM SATELLITE RADIO
Saturday, 2-4 PM ET (premiere)
Sunday, 10-12 PM ET (repeat)
Home Ice Channel 204

Mike Barnett (Phoenix Coyotes GM): The first in a three-part series highlighting the most improved non-playoff teams from last season, we'll take a look at the Coyotes' off-season moves in a dynamic interview with GM Mike Barnett and Western Conference Insider Bob Zalabak. We'll discuss everything from 'Yotes head coach Wayne Gretzky to the team's talented, deep roster.

Bruce Garrioch (Ottawa Sun) and Tony Marinaro (Team 990 Montreal): In this roundtable discussion, Bruce and Tony will give their analysis of which NHL teams are most improved for the coming season and which teams will drop a notch or two. With the salary cap bringing unprecedented parity, Bruce and Tony will help us separate the contenders from the pretenders.

“Make The Right Call” with Paul Stewart: After concluding a very impressive career as an NHL referee, Paul took the helm of the Boston Bruins Foundation, where he's helping Bruins past and present give back to the community. In this segment of "Make The Right Call," Paul discusses the NHL's rule changes for 2006-07.

Judd Sirott (HDNet Play-by-Play Man): After 12 years calling the Chicago Wolves' games, Judd moves to HDNet, where he will announce the action for the most technologically advanced hockey broadcasts on the air. An incredibly knowledgeable hockey expert, expect Judd to pull no punches in this hard-hitting interview.

Bob Snow (NHL.com's NCAA Expert): The USCHO's rankings are out for this week, and Bob's coming on the air with us to help break it all down. Can Cory Schneider and Brian Boyle lead Boston College to the NCAA Championship? Or will Wisconsin retain their spot atop the NCAA? Bob will help us to answer these questions and many, many more.

“The Golden Years” with Mike Wyman: This week, our resident historian takes a look back at the stellar career of Henri Richard, former Montreal Canadiens great. This Hall of Famer sometimes gets lost in the shadow of his older brother Maurice, but this week, Henri takes center state on “The Golden Years.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSIDE HOCKEY RADIO SHOW ON 1510 THE ZONE
Saturday, 4-6 PM ET
AM 1510 THE ZONE BOSTON

Peter Chiarelli (Boston Bruins GM): Peter is our featured guest of the week. We’ll see how the new Bruins General Manager put together his team, find out what he thinks of them thus far, and why he thinks Zdeno Chara and Dave Lewis were the perfect remedy for a franchise that, only a few months ago, was in complete disarray.

“The Sin Bin” with P.J. Stock: Former NHL pugilist and fan favorite in Boston, P.J. Stock joins us for his weekly segment. P.J. will be calling in from Montreal where he now hosts “The Stock Exchange” on Team 990 (Team990.com), Monday-Friday 10 AM-Noon. We’ll get his take news on the Habs and NHL, and hopefully hear a few tales from Stocker’s days in “The Sin Bin.”

Paul Stewart (former NHL referee): Former NHL referee Paul Stewart will join us for his regular segment as we dissect the rules and finer points of hockey. This week Stewie gives us his thoughts on the rapid decline of fighting in the NHL. Before he sported the stripes, he was known to throw down the gloves as a player and we’ll see what he thinks of fighters becoming the endangered species of the NHL.

Bob Snow (NHL.com's NCAA Expert): Our college hockey insider and NHL.com college hockey scribe Bob Snow joins us for his weekly report. This week Bob previews the Hockey East, ECAC and Atlantic Conference. How have recent defectors like Air Force hurt the Atlantic and can it survive much longer? We’ll get Bob’s take on that and much more!

We'll bring you all this, and much, much more! As always, thanks for listening!

- James Murphy, Kevin Greenstein, and Kevin Stevens

hockeyscribe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 10:03 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Great news, congratulations. Wish I had XM.

How difficult is it going to be to produce, and line up guests for, two separate shows? Maybe its not so bad, considering that each one has a different audience.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2006, 02:42 PM
NCHarleyHardtail

Send a message via AIM to NCHarleyHardtail Send a message via MSN to NCHarleyHardtail Send a message via Yahoo to NCHarleyHardtail
Super news!!

Congradulations Murph very exciting news!!!!!!! I listen to the show on 1510 over the net from here in WNC when I am home. Looking forward the New XM broabcasts. Mike

NCHarleyHardtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2006, 03:44 PM
CaptainChara

Send a message via AIM to CaptainChara
Murph-

Heard you guys interviewed today on XM around 3pm-ish. Good stuff.

They picked the Bruins as the team that has turned heads the most this offseason.

CaptainChara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Beezy

Send a message via Yahoo to Beezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat8 View Post
Murph-

Heard you guys interviewed today on XM around 3pm-ish. Good stuff.

They picked the Bruins as the team that has turned heads the most this offseason.
I heard their interview with Rossi on XM as well. But I could swear both Murph and Kevin said Chicago is the biggest potential head turning team (personally I disagree, I think Khabi gets hurt and they are bottom of the barrel all over again with nut kicking Havlat leading the way).

Good luck to Kevin and Murph. It's a good story of two fanatical media guys who are mainly fans at hear who dug in and are moving up the food chain of broadcast types. Lots of hard work and no money in it on AM, so hopefully XM's paying their electric bills. I see big things in the future for these guys - parties with Paris Hilton, umbrella drinks at the Hard Rock Hotel, the sky is the limit.

Beezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2006, 08:34 PM
acr*

Congrats on the new XM show

acr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2006, 08:55 PM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
I heard their interview with Rossi on XM as well. But I could swear both Murph and Kevin said Chicago is the biggest potential head turning team (personally I disagree, I think Khabi gets hurt and they are bottom of the barrel all over again with nut kicking Havlat leading the way).

Good luck to Kevin and Murph. It's a good story of two fanatical media guys who are mainly fans at hear who dug in and are moving up the food chain of broadcast types. Lots of hard work and no money in it on AM, so hopefully XM's paying their electric bills. I see big things in the future for these guys - parties with Paris Hilton, umbrella drinks at the Hard Rock Hotel, the sky is the limit.
Appreciate the support! We're getting there but still work ahead. As for the umbrella drinks that sounds good but we need a ride home so Paris is a no-go!

By the way, Kev picked Chicago, I said FLA may surprise. We're both nuts!

-Murph

hockeyscribe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:23 AM
CaptainChara

Send a message via AIM to CaptainChara
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyscribe22 View Post
Appreciate the support! We're getting there but still work ahead. As for the umbrella drinks that sounds good but we need a ride home so Paris is a no-go!

By the way, Kev picked Chicago, I said FLA may surprise. We're both nuts!

-Murph
Maybe I was hearing things.

Wait, I remember. You said they had a chance to win the NE. Battling Buffalo. That was it.

My Black and Gold hearing aids acting up again.

CaptainChara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 12:37 PM
justsomeguy

Break a leg, boys.

justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote