HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie- Moving or Sitting since Oates?

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Hold the Pickles

vCash: 500
Comrie- Moving or Sitting since Oates?

I'm sure y'all are sick to death of Comrie threads by now so please accept my apology in advance.

Is Comrie more OR less likely to sit with the addition of Oates?--BTW, what a steal, nice move.

I've heard several opinions on this, but I'm more interested in what you (oilers fans) think

Since Oates, Has the teams needs changed, altering the asking price of Comrie?

I've heard you need wingers in a bad way . In case there are any proposals, Only Marleau and Sturm are untouchable--For SJ the only reason to trade for Comrie is to pair him with Marleau moving Patty to the wing. And Sturm is too valuable to the development of the bunch of young germans in the system.

Thanks.

Old
11-19-2003, 02:34 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfanatic
I'm sure y'all are sick to death of Comrie threads by now so please accept my apology in advance.

Is Comrie more OR less likely to sit with the addition of Oates?--BTW, what a steal, nice move.

I've heard several opinions on this, but I'm more interested in what you (oilers fans) think

Since Oates, Has the teams needs changed, altering the asking price of Comrie?

I've heard you need wingers in a bad way . In case there are any proposals, Only Marleau and Sturm are untouchable--For SJ the only reason to trade for Comrie is to pair him with Marleau moving Patty to the wing. And Sturm is too valuable to the development of the bunch of young germans in the system.

Thanks.
How about Stuart?

Old
11-19-2003, 02:44 PM
WFHACommish

Quote:

I've heard you need wingers in a bad way .
We need Wingers badly? I think you were misinformed. We have on LW..Smyth, Torres, Moreau, and Isbister
RW..Hemsky, Dvorak, Pisani, Laraque

Not too mention..Chimera, Horcoff, and Salmo.

I heard somewhere that Lowe is no longer interested in finding a centre a whie back. So the only logical thing would be for a stud defenseman.

Personally, if a trade were to happen between these two teams, I think KLowe would be looking at Stuart. I am not sure how badly you guys need a C that GM Wilson would do Stuart for Comrie straigt up. We might have to offer possibly another player.

I am hoping for Stuart for Comrie.
or Comrie and Chimera for Stuart and a pick.

I don't want to see Horcoff leave just yet. He's a gamer and played well down the stretch last year

Old
11-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Hold the Pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
How about Stuart?
Belive it or not that's not entirely out of the question. I guess it comes down to whether Mgmt thinks Stuart's injuries have just been bad luck or not. But how 'bout picks instead .

Old
11-19-2003, 02:52 PM
copperandblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFHACommish
I heard somewhere that Lowe is no longer interested in finding a centre a whie back. So the only logical thing would be for a stud defenseman.
Or a bonifide, young #1 goalie?

Old
11-19-2003, 02:58 PM
WFHACommish

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperandblue
Or a bonifide, young #1 goalie?
true but i highly doubt it..Even though Salo's old and struggling, Conklin's a big gamer and can hold the fort until Deslaurier's good and ready.

Old
11-19-2003, 03:00 PM
Hold the Pickles

Quote:
We need Wingers badly? I think you were misinformed. We have on LW..Smyth, Torres, Moreau, and Isbister
RW..Hemsky, Dvorak, Pisani, Laraque

Not too mention..Chimera, Horcoff, and Salmo.

Personally, if a trade were to happen between these two teams, I think KLowe would be looking at Stuart. I am not sure how badly you guys need a C that GM Wilson would do Stuart for Comrie straigt up. We might have to offer possibly another player.

I am hoping for Stuart for Comrie.
or Comrie and Chimera for Stuart and a pick.

I don't want to see Horcoff leave just yet. He's a gamer and played well down the stretch last year
Sorry for not laying it on thicker, I was trying to be sarcastic on the wingers thing. Anyway, I'm listening on the stuart props. But I'm not sure SJ's mgnt would. Stuart maybe erhoff have the only true stud potential--It comes down to the injury prone question. I'm not sure Chimera fills a need for us so, a pick might be more likely.

Old
11-19-2003, 03:05 PM
WFHACommish

Quote:
Sorry for not laying it on thicker, I was trying to be sarcastic on the wingers thing. Anyway, I'm listening on the stuart props. But I'm not sure SJ's mgnt would. Stuart maybe erhoff have the only true stud potential--It comes down to the injury prone question. I'm not sure Chimera fills a need for us so, a pick might be more likely.

Done and seal...KLowe we have a winner.
Heck I wouldn't mind throwing in as high as a 2nd to get rid of mini-Lindros for a guy like Stuart

Old
11-19-2003, 03:05 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I can promise you that the Oilers don't need to use Comrie to get a good tender. If we wanted a good/cheap/young goalie a guy like Hurme could be had for next to nothing. Goalie depth is at the point where good goalies are a dime a dozen. Defense is definately what we should be looking at. If we could trade Smith, Laraque, Horcoff, and Comrie I bet we could get an elite Dman in return. The beauty of that is that we'd be able to afford it and if we moce Smith, Laraque and Horcoff's salaries would be FOUR MILLION BUCKS. I bet you that that package would get us a top notch Defender without adding a cent to the salary. I mean we have the depth to do it. Horcoff will soon lose a place in the lineup as there is to many people playing MUCH better (Stoll, plus we'll add Reasoner and Oates soon).

Old
11-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Hold the Pickles

Quote:
Done and seal...KLowe we have a winner.
Heck I wouldn't mind throwing in as high as a 2nd to get rid of mini-Lindros for a guy like Stuart
I hear ya, but you must know that I'm listening because I'm assuming Stuart is injury prone. If there were any reason for SJ mgnt to think otherwise you can add stuart to the untouchable list--Theres little doubt that he hasn't fully recovered yet, or at the very least hasn't gotten his legs back yet.

Old
11-19-2003, 04:36 PM
The Rage

4 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I can promise you that the Oilers don't need to use Comrie to get a good tender. If we wanted a good/cheap/young goalie a guy like Hurme could be had for next to nothing. Goalie depth is at the point where good goalies are a dime a dozen. Defense is definately what we should be looking at. If we could trade Smith, Laraque, Horcoff, and Comrie I bet we could get an elite Dman in return. The beauty of that is that we'd be able to afford it and if we moce Smith, Laraque and Horcoff's salaries would be FOUR MILLION BUCKS. I bet you that that package would get us a top notch Defender without adding a cent to the salary. I mean we have the depth to do it. Horcoff will soon lose a place in the lineup as there is to many people playing MUCH better (Stoll, plus we'll add Reasoner and Oates soon).
Four for one deals are extremely rare, as no team would have room to add 4 players while only subtracting one. Perhaps other players would be added on the other team's side, but doing a massive deal like that isn't a good idea. Adding alot of guys would hurt team chemistry a substantial amount (a detriment to both teams).

Old
11-19-2003, 05:09 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
man i hope this isnt true.... what happens next year then? when we are in the EXACT same position we were earlier this year? we dont have any centers that are ready to step up into a #1 centerman role, and the only one who is ready at all is stoll (and even that is kinda arguable)... i REALLY hope lowe gets a centremen back for comrie, even if he has to package one of our "extra" wingers to get it (im thinking chimera or maybe even rita, though i would like rita to get a shot as he has tons of potential).... we need a center for next year still, i hope lowe remembers this

Old
11-19-2003, 05:23 PM
WFHACommish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
man i hope this isnt true.... what happens next year then? when we are in the EXACT same position we were earlier this year? we dont have any centers that are ready to step up into a #1 centerman role, and the only one who is ready at all is stoll (and even that is kinda arguable)... i REALLY hope lowe gets a centremen back for comrie, even if he has to package one of our "extra" wingers to get it (im thinking chimera or maybe even rita, though i would like rita to get a shot as he has tons of potential).... we need a center for next year still, i hope lowe remembers this
Well next year is next year. I think Niiniimaki will have matured a bit.. It will be two years since his draft. Not expecting a bonafide player from the getgo. Will grow little by little. I know it might be too high an expectation, but you might as well try to develop him.

Old
11-19-2003, 05:32 PM
jadeddog

i know that he is supposed to be a great prospect and all, but i would be quite surprised if he could step right in as a number 1 or 2 center... i would be VERY surprised actually (very happy though too, lol).... so we would still need a 1 or 2 center for next year

Old
11-19-2003, 05:45 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
i know that he is supposed to be a great prospect and all, but i would be quite surprised if he could step right in as a number 1 or 2 center... i would be VERY surprised actually (very happy though too, lol).... so we would still need a 1 or 2 center for next year
Don't forget hold out is a relative certainty he has more time to mature then probably just one year and we have tons of prospect centers. I'll vote for Comrie for Hannan we need to decrease our GAA and improve our PK just as much as we need PP help and I think Hannan is a better match with Brewer than Stuart.

Old
11-19-2003, 05:55 PM
GorillazXL

I doubt ninimakki can fill the Number one spot next year, especially with him missing half of this seson due to a sholder injury, Pouliot will have to grow big time before he gets a chance, he's too light and will be pushed off the puck pretty easily by the bigger d corp in the NHL. I really like the sound of Legwand or Stefan in a trade for Comrie.

Comrie + 3rd round 04 pick for Stefan + Excelby

or

Comrie + 2nd round 04 + Feguson (we have two 2nds from the leetch swap this past summer) for Legwand and Hamhuis

How does that sound?

GXL

Old
11-19-2003, 06:04 PM
jadeddog

i wouldnt mind comrie for legwand, i think he could be a pretty decent 1-2 centerman.... not a "true #1" but a player that could play both ends of the ice and let his talented wingers (smyth, hemsky) handle the majority of the scoring

Old
11-19-2003, 06:30 PM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillazXL

Comrie + 2nd round 04 + Feguson (we have two 2nds from the leetch swap this past summer) for Legwand and Hamhuis

How does that sound?

GXL
Hahahahaha, sounds pretty realistic to me.

Maybe they can throw in Suter for Rocky Thompson.

Old
11-19-2003, 06:33 PM
Oiler_Fan

Don't forget Smyth as a centerman. I think this experiment is far from over. Oates just makes it less of a desperation move this year and allows the coaching to ease Smyth more into the role by spotting him between LW and C as the year goes on.

Play Smyth on the wing till he's scoring at his normal pace and then move him back to center. Rinse and repeat if he struggles. York being able to play all forward positions makes this easier, especially once Reasoner gets back.

Even if Smyth doesn't eventually turn into a center, I think playing the position has to have some benefit to his overall game.

Old
11-19-2003, 06:58 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Hahahahaha, sounds pretty realistic to me.

Maybe they can throw in Suter for Rocky Thompson.
just doing a little fishing...how about Comrie + 3rd Round for Legwand...i know I threw Hamhuis's name for kicks......then trade Thompson for Suter.

GXL

Closed Thread