HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

thrashers at preds, game 2, 9-30

Old
09-30-2006, 08:13 PM
zingbergeur

vCash: 500
4-1 Exelby

zingbergeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gnashville
Playoff losers

Poor it on em boys!!!! Run it up!!! Leave no doubt!!!!!!
As soon as I post this they score Man I loathe the Thrashers

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
doh, 4th liners didnt get their act together and sounds like a weak goal is given up.

4-1 Preds.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:23 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Preds are on a "Jack-In-A-Box" penalty kill.

interesting.

Old
09-30-2006, 08:46 PM
trotzian brow

5-1 Sullivan -- Edit: Dumont Sorry-Beer is affecting the hearing

End of 2nd

Kovalchuk with Attempt to Injure now-I believe that is an automatic 1 game, right?

Last edited by trotzian brow: 09-30-2006 at 09:08 PM.
trotzian brow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:11 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_ribs View Post
Kovalchuk with Attempt to Injure now-I believe that is an automatic 1 game, right?
he will definetly pay for being so stupid.

Old
09-30-2006, 09:14 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

well it looks like we have another season of Fang Fingers to look forward to.

Old
09-30-2006, 09:19 PM
trotzian brow

Please, for the love of all that is pure, let them play!

Old
09-30-2006, 09:24 PM
MisterX

Radulov doesn't seem to be getting much ice time. Is he injured or is this a sign he's probably going to be sent down?

MisterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:27 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterX View Post
Radulov doesn't seem to be getting much ice time. Is he injured or is this a sign he's probably going to be sent down?
a million penalties and no flow to the game, he just isnt getting in there.

Old
09-30-2006, 09:27 PM
trotzian brow

Preds have taken 16 penalties so far. That could be one reason for the lack of ice time. What a mess.

Old
09-30-2006, 09:40 PM
MisterX

Quote:
Preds have taken 16 penalties so far. That could be one reason for the lack of ice time. What a mess.
Is it my imagination or does it seem like all the preseason games for all the teams have had a ridiculous amount of penalties? Hopefully, everyone smartens up once the regular season begins.

MisterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:42 PM
trotzian brow

The anti-climatic shootout is on

Old
09-30-2006, 10:12 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

what was the result?

Old
09-30-2006, 10:22 PM
trotzian brow

Didn't mean to leave you hanging. 3-2 Preds.

20 penalties apiece!? Playing the same team twice in two nights...

Old
09-30-2006, 10:25 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

I would like to take a moment to thank Kovalchuk for fueling a powerplay driven win tonight.

Old
09-30-2006, 10:39 PM
trotzian brow

McKenzie sounded good tonight.

Not a good night to gauge Radulov's play. 8:37 of ice time and only 1 sog

Old
09-30-2006, 10:51 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Opened up the score sheet and wow, lot of penalties! What the heck was going on out there?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 10:52 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
McKenzie sounded good tonight.

Not a good night to gauge Radulov's play. 8:37 of ice time and only 1 sog
just_ribs, welcome to HFboards. Haven't seen you post around here before.

Old
09-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Atlanta can get real nasty at the end of the games, I'm glad no one got hurt in a meaningless game simply because Hartley tells his guys to go out and drive us into the boards.

Dumont sounds like he is the type of scorer that we have needed for a long time, a reliable net guy with good hands and speed.

Too many penalties, but I think the refs were trying to keep control of the game, which could have gotten really out of hand with Kovalchuk's kick (what an idiotic move) and the instigator by one of Atlanta's players.

09-30-2006, 10:56 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

How'd Vokoun look tonight?

Old
09-30-2006, 11:06 PM
trotzian brow

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
just_ribs, welcome to HFboards. Haven't seen you post around here before.
lurked here and at the other board. posted a few times on the other board-first time here

Thanks for the welcome

Last edited by trotzian brow: 09-30-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old
09-30-2006, 11:13 PM
preds418

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
How'd Vokoun look tonight?
Vokoun looked very good tonight IMO. He was stellar in the shootout.

Tonight was the first game I saw live this season and I am really impressed with JP Dumont. He seems to have really good chemistry with Sully. He also has really good hockey sense and was in the play and making plays all night. Arnott looked a bit out of rythym with his line missing on a few chances on the PP. I wouldnt consider it a concern for his physical presence seemed to really open the game for the smaller forwards.

One thing I noticed tonight is that we looked better on D that I thought we would with these young guys. They were in position most of the night with the exception of a couple bad passes by Suter. I also think we are better grinding in the boards with the more physical forwards than last season.

I think we are ready for opening night. If we can hold it together and get some wins with this series of road games on the front end of the schedule, we should be a president trophy contender this season.

preds418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
OK, to answer the five questions I posted earlier this afternoon...
1) Legwand looked very good tonight to me. He played both on the penalty kill and the power play, he played 4 on 4, and he even scored a goal even-strength. If he knee reacts favorably tonight...I would say that he is a little rusty, but he is ready to go and be a contributor Thursday night in the second line center role.

2) Upshall looked great tonight. He came to camp this season knowing that he would need to earn a spot on the roster and I believe that he has been the best player on the rink since Day 1 of camp this season and that he has solidified his roster spot. Upshall has been a player that has left an impression each shift he takes this preseason and he has demonstrated both scoring/puck finesse and physical play. I would be VERY suprised and disappointed if Scottie got a ticket to Milwaukee after tonight's game.

3) Lehtonen didn't really impress me too much tonight. He didn't appear to be looking to shoot very often and made a couple of gaffes in transition that thankfully never lead to a goal. I really saw tonight that hip check our Finnish board members were telling us about as Mikko tried to land a few and lead with his hip most of the time he went in for contact, but he never really landed one. I would be willing to give Mikko a chance as our 6th defenseman to start the season and see how he works out. He is a veteran player and although we all know he doesn't have NHL experience, I think that his elite league experience will help him settle quicker as he continues to get used to the smaller rinks and the speed of the game in North America.

4) I made up my mind on Alexander Radulov before the game was over. Everytime he made the trek across the rink from the bench to the penalty box to serve a teammates penalty I thought to myself...what a waste. Radulov got minimal power play time and was playing on the third line even-strength. I believe he is ready to play in the NHL and could be a contributor if he sticks in the Music City to start the season, but why would we not allow him to play a more significant role as the premier forward in Milwaukee? I don't want him sitting in the press box here in Nashville and I don't want to see him playing less than 9:00 minutes either. I think we would all be best served having Radulov sent to Miwaukee to start the season and playing 20:00 minutes a night with significant power play time and first-line even strength time. The future is bright for Alex...I'm willing to let our best prospect refine his craft under the tuteledge of Claude Noel in the AHL to start the season because I believe that his first callup will be his last.

5) Atlanta fans will say that they recalled several AHL players to fill out their roster tonight and they lost Kovalchuk in the first period, etc...I'll give them that. BUT...our offense is very impressive. It doesn't always happen, but when we get going...we make offense look simple. Sullivan, Erat, Legwand, and others were all dangling around defenders with the puck to make plays. Arnott and Vasicek used their long reach to poke pucks away from Thrashers and onto the sticks of their teammates while also using their bodies to shield defenders away and create massive amounts of room for their crafty wingers. Hartnell, Upshall, Dumont, and others provided a physical presence on the boards, in the corners, and in front of and behind the net to separate defenders from the puck, to dig out the puck and move it into a scoring position, and to make room for their teammates on the cycle. All of this without probably our best offensive player (Kariya) in the lineup and our best offensive prospect (Radulov) making an impression. I know it will get tougher when the puck drops Thursday night for real, but...we are definitely going to be a force each and every night we step onto the ice. Should be a very exciting season to watch!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 09:19 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
OK, to answer the five questions I posted earlier this afternoon...
1) Legwand looked very good tonight to me. He played both on the penalty kill and the power play, he played 4 on 4, and he even scored a goal even-strength. If he knee reacts favorably tonight...I would say that he is a little rusty, but he is ready to go and be a contributor Thursday night in the second line center role.

2) Upshall looked great tonight. He came to camp this season knowing that he would need to earn a spot on the roster and I believe that he has been the best player on the rink since Day 1 of camp this season and that he has solidified his roster spot. Upshall has been a player that has left an impression each shift he takes this preseason and he has demonstrated both scoring/puck finesse and physical play. I would be VERY suprised and disappointed if Scottie got a ticket to Milwaukee after tonight's game.

3) Lehtonen didn't really impress me too much tonight. He didn't appear to be looking to shoot very often and made a couple of gaffes in transition that thankfully never lead to a goal. I really saw tonight that hip check our Finnish board members were telling us about as Mikko tried to land a few and lead with his hip most of the time he went in for contact, but he never really landed one. I would be willing to give Mikko a chance as our 6th defenseman to start the season and see how he works out. He is a veteran player and although we all know he doesn't have NHL experience, I think that his elite league experience will help him settle quicker as he continues to get used to the smaller rinks and the speed of the game in North America.

4) I made up my mind on Alexander Radulov before the game was over. Everytime he made the trek across the rink from the bench to the penalty box to serve a teammates penalty I thought to myself...what a waste. Radulov got minimal power play time and was playing on the third line even-strength. I believe he is ready to play in the NHL and could be a contributor if he sticks in the Music City to start the season, but why would we not allow him to play a more significant role as the premier forward in Milwaukee? I don't want him sitting in the press box here in Nashville and I don't want to see him playing less than 9:00 minutes either. I think we would all be best served having Radulov sent to Miwaukee to start the season and playing 20:00 minutes a night with significant power play time and first-line even strength time. The future is bright for Alex...I'm willing to let our best prospect refine his craft under the tuteledge of Claude Noel in the AHL to start the season because I believe that his first callup will be his last.

5) Atlanta fans will say that they recalled several AHL players to fill out their roster tonight and they lost Kovalchuk in the first period, etc...I'll give them that. BUT...our offense is very impressive. It doesn't always happen, but when we get going...we make offense look simple. Sullivan, Erat, Legwand, and others were all dangling around defenders with the puck to make plays. Arnott and Vasicek used their long reach to poke pucks away from Thrashers and onto the sticks of their teammates while also using their bodies to shield defenders away and create massive amounts of room for their crafty wingers. Hartnell, Upshall, Dumont, and others provided a physical presence on the boards, in the corners, and in front of and behind the net to separate defenders from the puck, to dig out the puck and move it into a scoring position, and to make room for their teammates on the cycle. All of this without probably our best offensive player (Kariya) in the lineup and our best offensive prospect (Radulov) making an impression. I know it will get tougher when the puck drops Thursday night for real, but...we are definitely going to be a force each and every night we step onto the ice. Should be a very exciting season to watch!
Well said. Thanks for your impression of the game; I had to miss it because of conflicting plans, so I gave my tickets to my brothers. They also said that Legwand looked pretty good.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote