Old
10-03-2006, 12:12 PM
hockeyprincess

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
To Mtl: Benoit Pouliot

To Min: Michael Ryder
I totally agree. That is a very good proposal. But I would go for that only on the conditions that Mikko Koivu goes with Benoit to Montreal and Montreal gives up their first-round pick in this year's draft to send them there. I strongly believe that Michael Ryder would flourish under Jacques Lemaire's system. I also think that going to Montreal would be beneficial for Benoit on a personal level; his hometown of St. Isidore, Ontario, is only an hour away. Good idea. I like that one.

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 04:00 PM
TeamSeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
I totally agree. That is a very good proposal. But I would go for that only on the conditions that Mikko Koivu goes with Benoit to Montreal and Montreal gives up their first-round pick in this year's draft to send them there. I strongly believe that Michael Ryder would flourish under Jacques Lemaire's system. I also think that going to Montreal would be beneficial for Benoit on a personal level; his hometown of St. Isidore, Ontario, is only an hour away. Good idea. I like that one.
Do you just want to take all the good young players on the Wild and ship them out? Koivu isn't going anywhere, Pouliot isn't going anywhere. We will take the roster we have into the year and make a run at the cup and maybe add a player at the trade deadline.

TeamSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 04:22 PM
hockeyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSeals View Post
Do you just want to take all the good young players on the Wild and ship them out? Koivu isn't going anywhere, Pouliot isn't going anywhere. We will take the roster we have into the year and make a run at the cup and maybe add a player at the trade deadline.
Why not ship them out? You have Marian Gaborik. You have Pierre-Marc Bouchard. You mean to tell me that you will miss both Mikko Koivu and Benoit? I don't think so. Mikko would play so well with his older brother Saku in Montreal. Benoit would fit right in with young guys such as Guillaume Latendresse & Kyle Chipchura (World Juniors...), Alexander Perezhogin, Tomas Plekanec and -- when he goes there permanently -- Andrei Kostitsyn. Send Pouliot to Montreal NOW!

Old
10-03-2006, 06:14 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

What incentive does Nashville have to make that trade? Honestly, it's horrific. I feel the need to bathe, now.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 07:19 PM
TeamSeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
What incentive does Nashville have to make that trade? Honestly, it's horrific. I feel the need to bathe, now.
neither side wants it, it came from the mind of a dillusional person. We would have to send Nashville a defensemen in return to begin with, probably Skoula and im sure Nashville would laugh at us for wanting to include him.

Old
10-03-2006, 07:24 PM
TeamSeals

Quote:
Why not ship them out? You have Marian Gaborik. You have Pierre-Marc Bouchard. You mean to tell me that you will miss both Mikko Koivu and Benoit? I don't think so. Mikko would play so well with his older brother Saku in Montreal. Benoit would fit right in with young guys such as Guillaume Latendresse & Kyle Chipchura (World Juniors...), Alexander Perezhogin, Tomas Plekanec and -- when he goes there permanently -- Andrei Kostitsyn. Send Pouliot to Montreal NOW!
Mikko would also do well for the next 10 years here, eventually being a top 2 center and putting up good points. Just because you want these players for your own idiotic reasons doesn't mean the Wild are going to make bad business decisions. Mikko is on the team now and will only grow as a player with another year in the NHL. He isn't quite ready to rely on as a consistant scorer, but he should only continue to grow. Give the Wild Latendresse and someone else for Pouliot and maybe you can have a deal but we aren't handing over Pouliot for no reason

Old
10-03-2006, 08:17 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
We sure have a deal!!!

I think that throwing Perezhogin in the deal for Mtl and a pick for Min would make it more fair.

Let's say:

To Mtl: Mikko Koivu, Benoit Pouliot and 07 3rd

To Min: Michael Ryder, Alex Perezhogin and 07 1st

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Yus

Someone should tell hockeyprincess that Pouliot played EVERY exhibition game last year, and DR started negotiations with his agent to get him signed before he tapered off towards the end of camp.

The team made it very clear this year with Joel Ward that any player that works hard will get their attention. Pouliot doesn't deserve to be on the team until he can prove that for a full camp.

Yus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 10:22 AM
hockeyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
We sure have a deal!!!

I think that throwing Perezhogin in the deal for Mtl and a pick for Min would make it more fair.

Let's say:

To Mtl: Mikko Koivu, Benoit Pouliot and 07 3rd

To Min: Michael Ryder, Alex Perezhogin and 07 1st
I agree totally. Someone should mention this to Doug Risebrough. That's a great deal. Giving up two marquee players such as Ryder and Perezhogin deserves a first-round pick from Montreal too. That is a great idea. Let's go for it. Like Ryder, I believe that Perezhogin would also thrive in Jacques Lemaire's system.

Old
10-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Wild Bill

This thread is outta-control...as are you hockeypricess.

What happened to patience? These guys have barely hit puberty. Value for value is great and all, but that doesn't mean crap. Gaborik for Frolov? Hey let's do it!

This Pouliot business has to stop as well. Bad attitude, shmad schmattitude. Lazy, whatever. The kid has skill. Top end skill. Will he reach his potential? Who the hell knows at this point. Are we all hoping, especially here on the MN Wild board? Of course. Is he ready for the pounding and daily riggers of the NHL? Probably not. Is he ready emotionally? Probably not. Should we trade him because some people's interest is downright obssesive and feel the need to "find a place" for him? Absolutely not. He is verrrry young and needs some time. Obviously there are a couple guys with a little experience, namely Jacques Lemaire and Doug Risebrough who think differently than you, so why don't we let them make the decisions.

I want you to take a deep breath, set down the hair-doll, come back from the edge and have a little faith. I know this sounds harsh and I'm sorry for that because I like your enthusiasm and frankly, we don't see all that much of that (t)rolling through here, but maybe it's time to give this a rest.

Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 12:41 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
I agree totally. Someone should mention this to Doug Risebrough. That's a great deal. Giving up two marquee players such as Ryder and Perezhogin deserves a first-round pick from Montreal too. That is a great idea. Let's go for it. Like Ryder, I believe that Perezhogin would also thrive in Jacques Lemaire's system.
For Mtl, Koivu was the guy they wanted at the draft until the Wild took him.

He's already a good 3rd line player and even if some will say that they don't see him being better that, I think he could become the big number two center the habs are searching for since many years. Playing in a team with his brother would probably help him a lot in his developpement.

Pouliot has talent but he has to work harder. The same could be say of Perezhogin. Pouliot was also a guy that the habs management wanted real hard. He's younger than Perez and I think he fits more in the habs system than Perez. However, he would have to work a lot harder 'cause he would never play with Carbo as a coach.

With such a trade, I could see the lines like that for Mtl:

Higgins-S.Koivu-Latendresse: Lats can get the ice time he deserves
Samsonov-Plekanec-Kovalev: Potential scary line
Kostsitsyn-M.Koivu-Johnson: Kost and younger Koivu could have a great chemistry with Johnson bringing experience to the line
Bégin-Bonk-Murray: Pretty nice as a 4th line

We would save some money in that deal and giving the fact that Bonk and Aebischer won't come back next year, we save enough money to resign UFA Andrei Markov and Craig Rivet. Also, with Grabovsky coming, I could see Sammy traded during the 2007 offseason. If you add to that the fact that UFA Sheldon Souray will be gone by the summer and that Niinima will have to take a paycut, the habs could be seriously in the run for Brad Stuart and finally get a top pairing d-man with Markov.

To end the story, I would simply say that the habs would compromise their chances to make the playoffs this year with such a deal but would also have the opportunity to finally be a contender for years to come.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote