HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

SO... who makes the TEAM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2006, 05:45 AM
  #26
Don Cherry*
 
Don Cherry*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 6,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
I was told by Kirk that Bourque as of this time was not rehired for this season. It is up to Lewis to add him to the staff.
They probably didn't hire him back because there would suddenly be a lot of food disappearing from the Garden. The last thing the Bs need is a food shortage on game night.

Other people like a Dunkin Donut from time to time, too.

Don Cherry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 07:08 AM
  #27
Thornton97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Carrollton, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post
They probably didn't hire him back because there would suddenly be a lot of food disappearing from the Garden. The last thing the Bs need is a food shortage on game night.

Other people like a Dunkin Donut from time to time, too.
Zing! You sure got him good. I think I chuckled at this comment when you first made it months ago....getting a little long in the tooth, don't you think?

Thornton97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 10:57 AM
  #28
stick9
Registered User
 
stick9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
So basically, this is another "Anti-Lewis" thread in disguise of "who makes the lineup?". Give it a rest, will you?

Hannu still has a bit more tweaking of his game to do- awful hard from the bench, wouldn't you say? The kid had a knee sprain and was out for the rest of the season- a long time without playing a game. I admit, he didn't look great today- good, but not spectacular. Still, this is the last preseason game, our roster was not complete, two players on defense weren't in the game and you're already panicking.
I think they should start Thomas on opening night. I'd say three of the five goals I stayed for were pretty soft. The one that beat him short side was not pretty as he was showing the shooter I ton of room there.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 01:18 PM
  #29
Gary
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Behind enemy lines
Posts: 5,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silva View Post
Please, stop complaining or leave!! The hyped defense didn't come as billed??? Did you COMPLETELY miss the fact that CHARA was not out there today? That pushes EVERY SINGLE PLAYER up a spot. Stuart now has to assume the #1 role, Mara has to assume the #2 role, etc etc.

York and Dempsey will not be in the lineup on the same night. In fact, it's likely when Mark Stuart comes back NEITHER will be in the lineup.

The season hasn't even started!!!!!!!! Stop posting so much unnecessary negativity!
Not just that...Chara/Mara/Stuart/Jurcina/Alberts etc... have all played about 12ish? minutes per game? I assure you when the puck drops when it counts, Chara will be on the ice for HALF the game. Mara/Stuart will also see HUGE minutes. Preseason means VERY little, other then simply 'seeing what you got'.

Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 01:39 PM
  #30
drubaca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: South Hamilton, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to drubaca Send a message via AIM to drubaca Send a message via MSN to drubaca
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEKACUP View Post
Mara I believe had THREE countem THREE penalties. When you are a DMAN and you are still putting you're stick between onrushing players legs and tripping them....in the second year of the new rules...Well thats just unacceptable.
In fairness to Mara, one of those penalties was a horrible kneeing call that should have never been called.

drubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 01:48 PM
  #31
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 12,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drubaca View Post
In fairness to Mara, one of those penalties was a horrible kneeing call that should have never been called.
Also in fairness to mara I thought the NHL was "really going to crack down on diving" this year. THe refs were absolute horse pucky yesterday.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 02:09 PM
  #32
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
I think they should start Thomas on opening night. I'd say three of the five goals I stayed for were pretty soft. The one that beat him short side was not pretty as he was showing the shooter I ton of room there.
I agree. Thomas outplayed Toivonen in the preseason and deserves first crack.

Lewis did tell me that he intends to rotate the two early and see which one can get hot first. But, if Thomas plays great off the bat, you could see him get an early string of starts.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 02:09 PM
  #33
Blowfish
Registered User
 
Blowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,565
vCash: 500
I have a suggestion....Bring back Bobby Allen and send Brookbank where he belongs.

Blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 02:14 PM
  #34
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
I have a suggestion....Bring back Bobby Allen and send Brookbank where he belongs.

Dave...see my PM to you re: Allen

Good minor league guy, but you ought not to waste time politicking for him. He's not going to fit much into Boston's plans unless the B's blue line is racked with injuries.

Sorry.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 02:31 PM
  #35
Blowfish
Registered User
 
Blowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Dave...see my PM to you re: Allen

Good minor league guy, but you ought not to waste time politicking for him. He's not going to fit much into Boston's plans unless the B's blue line is racked with injuries.

Sorry.
Thanks Kirk...I received your message just after my posting. Thanks for the input.

Like I said in my note, I only saw him in action once, however, I liked what I saw in Moncton...Hope the kid gets a chance someday.

Blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 02:36 PM
  #36
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
Thanks Kirk...I received your message just after my posting. Thanks for the input.

Like I said in my note, I only saw him in action once, however, I liked what I saw in Moncton...Hope the kid gets a chance someday.
I agree that he's a good guy and wish him the best, but the "kid" is 29. The writing's on the wall for him (unless he's a D-man version of Tim Thomas )

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 02:37 PM
  #37
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
I agree. Thomas outplayed Toivonen in the preseason and deserves first crack.

Lewis did tell me that he intends to rotate the two early and see which one can get hot first. But, if Thomas plays great off the bat, you could see him get an early string of starts.
I'm a Hannu guy myself but I agree that obviously the numbers this pre-season clearly show Thomas outplayed him, even though I'm not sure it's a fair assessment. Therefore I understand why he'd wanna see how they both perform with everyone in the lineup in REGULAR season action.

Once Hannu gets hot, and I have full confidence that he will do so, there won't be anyway to get him out from between the pipes.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 02:44 PM
  #38
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergy and Boyes View Post
I'm a Hannu guy myself but I agree that obviously the numbers this pre-season clearly show Thomas outplayed him, even though I'm not sure it's a fair assessment. Therefore I understand why he'd wanna see how they both perform with everyone in the lineup in REGULAR season action.

Once Hannu gets hot, and I have full confidence that he will do so, there won't be anyway to get him out from between the pipes.
Why wouldn't it be a fair assessment? Both goalies have their flaws, but Thomas has simply made more saves. Everyone who knows me understands how high I am on Toivonen in the present and future, but I have to call it like I see it. If I'm going to get on others for being loyal to Andrew Raycroft (making excuses for him) when he wasn't getting the job done, I can't give a free pass to Hannu right now.

Matt said it best, IMO- he's going down too early, playing too deep in his net, and getting beaten because of it. Some of the goals haven't been his fault, some have. But, Thomas has managed to stop the puck even in his helter skelter way.

Not taking anything away from Toivonen, but he's got some work to do.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 02:49 PM
  #39
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Why wouldn't it be a fair assessment? Both goalies have their flaws, but Thomas has simply made more saves. Everyone who knows me understands how high I am on Toivonen in the present and future, but I have to call it like I see it. If I'm going to get on others for being loyal to Andrew Raycroft (making excuses for him) when he wasn't getting the job done, I can't give a free pass to Hannu right now.

Matt said it best, IMO- he's going down too early, playing too deep in his net, and getting beaten because of it. Some of the goals haven't been his fault, some have. But, Thomas has managed to stop the puck even in his helter skelter way.

Not taking anything away from Toivonen, but he's got some work to do.

I wasn't trying to be argumentitive and I don't disagree that Toivy has got some work to do. The reason I said I'm not sure it was necessarily a fair assessment is because every game the lineups weren't the same. I think Thomas had a stronger defense in front of him most games... for example the two Rangers games, Chara played the first game and Jurcina started but left because of injury.. also the Rangers didn't have Nylander, Jagr or Shanny in. In the second game Hannu had no Chara or Jurcina, and those 3 guys were in for the Rangers.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 02:52 PM
  #40
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergy and Boyes View Post
I wasn't trying to be argumentitive and I don't disagree that Toivy has got some work to do. The reason I said I'm not sure it was necessarily a fair assessment is because every game the lineups weren't the same. I think Thomas had a stronger defense in front of him most games... for example the two Rangers games, Chara played the first game and Jurcina started but left because of injury.. also the Rangers didn't have Nylander, Jagr or Shanny in. In the second game Hannu had no Chara or Jurcina, and those 3 guys were in for the Rangers.
Fair points. And, I know you weren't being argumentative, but so as not to get called out, I wanted to make my point that even with the lineups, IMO- Thomas has done more, so he deserves the nod. For now.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 06:31 PM
  #41
chippa13*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,980
vCash: 500
Wait, are folks implying that Hannu may not be ready for #1 duty? Hrrmmmmmm. Interesting, I think I heard that somewhere before.

chippa13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 06:53 PM
  #42
CombatOnContact
 
CombatOnContact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Malaysia
Posts: 16,000
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by chippa13 View Post
Wait, are folks implying that Hannu may not be ready for #1 duty? Hrrmmmmmm. Interesting, I think I heard that somewhere before.
I'm not implying that Toivonen isn't capable of being a number one even this season, but I do think that Boston should start the goalie who had a better camp and preseason. I think, based on stats and the board, that Thomas who the starter position for now.

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 11:13 AM
  #43
Killa Colton*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
I dont understand why just about every1 on this site bashes Brookbank? Obviously they didnt bring him in 4 his finess,but, maybe people should watch him 4 a few games b4 they start ripping him? Give the guy a chance! I,for one, can still appreciate a guy who stands up 4 his teamates.Is there any1 else out there who feels that way?

Killa Colton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 11:15 AM
  #44
chippa13*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Colton View Post
I dont understand why just about every1 on this site bashes Brookbank? Obviously they didnt bring him in 4 his finess,but, maybe people should watch him 4 a few games b4 they start ripping him? Give the guy a chance! I,for one, can still appreciate a guy who stands up 4 his teamates.Is there any1 else out there who feels that way?

Go ask some Canuck fans what they thought of him. He's brutal.

chippa13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 11:45 AM
  #45
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 26,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Colton View Post
I dont understand why just about every1 on this site bashes Brookbank? Obviously they didnt bring him in 4 his finess,but, maybe people should watch him 4 a few games b4 they start ripping him? Give the guy a chance! I,for one, can still appreciate a guy who stands up 4 his teamates.Is there any1 else out there who feels that way?
If there is 1 way to get immediate re5pect it is 2 use numb3rs 4 words.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 12:03 PM
  #46
mattbnh
Registered User
 
mattbnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Hampster
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Colton View Post
I dont understand why just about every1 on this site bashes Brookbank? Obviously they didnt bring him in 4 his finess,but, maybe people should watch him 4 a few games b4 they start ripping him? Give the guy a chance! I,for one, can still appreciate a guy who stands up 4 his teamates.Is there any1 else out there who feels that way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37
If there is 1 way to get immediate re5pect it is 2 use numb3rs 4 words.
and blows a great chance like that! "4 1" - misses an empty net! As inconsistent as Phil Kessel!

mattbnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 12:27 PM
  #47
Beezy
Registered User
 
Beezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Belmont MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,135
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Beezy
posted this over on the camp sticky thread, but thought I'd pass this on...

I am just back from camp/practice.

Everyone was dressed for the practice, so the cuts are probably coming this afternoon. Brookbank, Kalus and others on the bubble were all skating.

All in uniform, including Jurcina, Chara and Sturm.

I could hear bits and pieces out of Lewis while he was doing his on-ice chalk talk and there was plenty of "stick", "penalty" and other words thrown out prior to some drills to reinforce body position vs. some sort of obstruction.

Business like but jovial bunch.

Beezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 12:33 PM
  #48
WickedBruinsGirl
I like the remix
 
WickedBruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: loge 19 ♥
Country: United States
Posts: 14,018
vCash: 500
I wrote up my prediction line-up before I went to sleep last night... early this morning. Gotta love being bored with hockey on the mind.

Thomas gets the start in Florida, Toivonen the next night in Tampa. (Thomas has a better SV%)

Kessel - Bergeron - Boyes
Sturm - Savard - Murray
Axelsson - Primeau - Donovan
Hoggan - Stastny - Mowers

Extras: Kalus, Tenkrat... (I'm on the bubble about both... and Kessel too actually. But I think Kalus will be the odd-man out unfortunately, for now.)

Chara - Mara (or Chara - Stuart)
Stuart - Alberts (or Mara - Alberts)
Jurcina - Dempsey

Extras: Brookbank, York... (I hope one is sent down.)

IR: M. Stuart

Don't be too hard on me. I just went with my gut and the depth chart of THN, which isn't that great to go by. I really have no idea half of the time.

I think Kessel might see a little time in Providence at some point, but I think he'll also stick around for the entire road trip. I also think Kessel won't stay on the top line forever. He's got to earn that spot.

__________________
Missing for days but nobody missed her.
WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.