HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visnovsky

Old
10-01-2006, 09:06 PM
ILuvLA

vCash: 500
Visnovsky

I have been reading various threads and have noticed several proposals to trade Lubo - What the heck is up with that? He's one of the FEW bright spots on this years' team! Can someone please explain?

Last edited by ILuvLA: 10-01-2006 at 09:15 PM.
ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 09:10 PM
jfont

Awards:
ppl want to go to an all rebuild mode...

they think the kings will really tank this year...

10-01-2006, 09:14 PM
ILuvLA

I realize that - but you have to admit, Lubo's one of the few bright spots on an otherwise questionable team - Why trade now? If he has to go (and I hope it doesn't happen because he's one of my fav's), why not wait until the trade deadline when LA could get the most bang for the buck?

Old
10-01-2006, 09:17 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

they're also a statistic floating around that 95.5% of the human race are idiots...

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 09:19 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA View Post
I realize that - but you have to admit, Lubo's one of the few bright spots on an otherwise questionable team - Why trade now? If he has to go (and I hope it doesn't happen because he's one of my fav's), why not wait until the trade deadline when LA could get the most bang for the buck?
you're talking as if you're also throwing in the towel...

i don't think they'll tank this year. granted, the sharks and ducks (and to a certain extent the stars) are the elite in the division but I really think the kings will be exciting, respectable and be a playoff team. with that said, lubo won't be going anywhere.

jfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 09:20 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
they're also a statistic floating around that 95.5% of the human race are idiots...
Are you referring to me or those who want to unload Lubo? :

Old
10-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears;6630622[B
]they're [/B]also a statistic floating around that 95.5% of the human race are idiots...

Could not help myself.....I still think you're cool

Did not mean to bold your name.....I'm an idiot..... They're

Dooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 09:21 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
sir,

we don't make fun of facewash in this forum...please be nice...

Old
10-01-2006, 09:25 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont View Post
you're talking as if you're also throwing in the towel...

i don't think they'll tank this year. granted, the sharks and ducks (and to a certain extent the stars) are the elite in the division but I really think the kings will be exciting, respectable and be a playoff team. with that said, lubo won't be going anywhere.
You misunderstood - I dont' think that the Kings will tank this year - LA is in the spoiler role. With that said, I personally don't want Lubo going anywhere!! I want him staying in LA in a King's uniform for several more years!!

Old
10-01-2006, 09:27 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
You misunderstood - I don't want Lubo going anywhere!! I want his *** staying in LA in a King's uniform for several more years!!
well i misunderstood...so, i'm sorry...

Old
10-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'd love for him to say, but I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him at the deadline if it improved the team. He'd bring back a very nice return.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 09:30 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'd love for him to say, but I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him at the deadline if it improved the team. He'd bring back a very nice return.
i wouldn't be opposed to moving avery and sopel to fetch a decent defenseman for the playoff push...

Old
10-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
i wouldn't be opposed to moving avery and sopel to fetch a decent defenseman for the playoff push...
Depends on where we are. If we're out of it, and have the ability to move players to help the team out for the future, why hold back? That's the gripe I had with Taylor. He'd never pull the trigger on a deal like that.

Old
10-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Quote:
Please refer to the first quote.

Old
10-01-2006, 09:34 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
I quite agree with you. Unlike DT, I somehow don't think that DL will hesitate to pull the trigger on a trade that helps out in the long run.

Old
10-01-2006, 09:35 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Depends on where we are. If we're out of it, and have the ability to move players to help the team out for the future, why hold back? That's the gripe I had with Taylor. He'd never pull the trigger on a deal like that.
He did pull off the Smoke deal...but for the most part, the Kings were always within striking distance of the playoffs...but now you're going to respond that he never took a significant step towards solidifying the Kings' playoff hopes either...

Well, I guess I agree with you on that point...I'm definitely going to be more excited this coming deadline day than the last few...especially if the Kings are still in it...

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
I quite agree with you. Unlike DT, I somehow don't think that DL will hesitate to pull the trigger on a trade that helps out in the long run.
I really don't think it's very likely that he'd trade either of them. I just don't see it happening.

Old
10-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It's not that Kings fans want Visnovsky to go. We love Visnovsky. He's probably my second or third favorite player on the Kings. We just accept that there's the possibility he might be traded.

Because of Visnosky's ridiculously sweet contract for 2006-07 and 2007-08 ($1.9M in 2006-07, $2.052M in 2007-08, and a $1.824M cap charge for each year), his trade value may be at an all-time high. His contract is one of the best values in the NHL. Visnovsky may be one of the rare cases where his value is actually higher now than it is at the trade deadline because of his super low cap charge and salary (the majority of teams can add him now and would want the extra production that comes with having Visnovsky the whole year instead of 20 games).

Kings fans have generally accepted that we won't be making the playoffs, in all likelihood. Once/if the Kings start falling out of the playoff race, there are a large number of players who could become available, and that includes Visnovsky. The earlier you trade a player like Visnovsky, the higher you'll be picking come draft time.

Kings management has to decide whether Visnovsky will be here for the long haul and not just for the two years of his awesome contract. Visnovsky no longer has the comfort level that came with the Slovak and Czech contingent on the Kings, and that may play a factor in signing his next contract. If management feels confident Visnovsky will be signing with the Kings long-term, by all means keep him. But if not. . . . . .

Last edited by Sam: 10-01-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 09:42 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It's not that Kings fans want Visnovsky to go. We love Visnovsky. He's probably my second or third favorite player on the Kings. We just accept that there's the possibility he might be traded.

Because of Visnosky's ridiculously sweet contract for 2006-07 and 2007-08 ($1.9M in 2006-07, $2.052M in 2007-08, and a $1.824M cap charge for each year), his trade value may be at an all-time high. His contract is one of the best values in the NHL. Visnovsky may be one of the rare cases where his value is actually higher now than it is at the trade deadline because of his super low cap charge and salary (the majority of teams can add him now and would want the extra production that comes with having Visnovsky the whole year instead of 20 games).

Kings fans have generally accepted that we won't be making the playoffs, in all likelihood. The earlier you trade a player like Visnovsky, the higher you'll be picking come draft time.

Kings management has to decide whether Visnovsky will be here for the long haul and not just for the two years of his awesome contract. Visnovsky no longer has the comfort level that came with the Slovak and Czech contingent on the Kings, and that may play a factor in signing his next contract. If management feels confident Visnovsky will be signing with the Kings long-term, by all means keep him. But if not. . . . . .
Well thought out post. I agree with most of what you said. Lubo may indeed be lost without fellow Slovak and/or Czech teammates, or he may shine on his own. I personally prefer the latter scenario. Hopefully, LA can keep him long term. If he has another year like last year, his price will rise drastically when it's time to re-up. At this point in time, I agree that his contact is one of the best as far as trade value. I just don't want to see him leave. He's been my favorite King for the last 2 seasons!!

Old
10-01-2006, 09:43 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
see, thats the problem with making these statements...

its assuming that the kings will not be good this year...kind of like resigned to that fact. we must not submit to this kind of attitude. kings have as good a chance as anyone else. lets not have these short expectations for this team. lets be positive.

Old
10-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Reaper45

Lubo now could bring in a better deal than what Schneider brought.

1st, 2nd, and 2 players/prospects. Easily.

Old
10-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Osprey

Weren't most of those Visnovsky trade proposals for Jack Johnson (someone worth it)? Are you sure that you're not overreacting?

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 09:49 PM
jfont

Awards:
i know its fun to start rumors but this one i dont' agree with...

lets stop this viz rumor right now...he aint goin nowhere.

Old
10-01-2006, 09:50 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Weren't most of those Visnovsky trade proposals for Jack Johnson (someone worth it)? Are you sure that you're not overreacting?
I think she's referring to the subsequent Lubo for Gionta proposals.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 09:50 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
i know its fun to start rumors but this one i dont' agree with...

lets stop this viz rumor right now...he aint goin nowhere.