HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Ivannans OR Parros

Old
10-02-2006, 06:45 AM
dustinbrownfan

vCash: 500
Ivannans OR Parros

Which one of them do you think will be sent to Manchester?

dustinbrownfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 07:17 AM
King Blazer

Assuming that they keep Cowan and Thornton in L.A., I think Parros is more likely to be sent to Manchester than Ivanans. With Cowan and Thornton on the roster, Parros becomes redundant. Ivanans is more in the “enforcer/intimidator” mold than Parros.

Obviously not good news for Parros, however, this would actually be a good move for the organization in that Parros is a known commodity in Manchester and would likely help the Monarchs in more areas than Ivanans.

Also, Ivanans was brought in be the current management team whereas Parros is a product of the DT team. (This may be of little to no consequence, but probably worth a mention)...

Last edited by King Blazer: 10-02-2006 at 08:15 AM.
King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Mr_Jones*

Ivanans. Parros isn't good enough at getting the occasional goal to be a grinder, but he isn't a great fighter either.

Mr_Jones* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 09:46 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
Ivanans. Parros isn't good enough at getting the occasional goal to be a grinder, but he isn't a great fighter either.
In defense of the almost indefensible George Parros:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=45094

George Parros made AMAZING strides, and I am sure KB can acknowledge and address GP's improvement from year 1 (2003) to year 2 (2004) in Manchester. He went from 3 to 14 goals (and a 15th in the playoffs.) His ice time obviously increased as he got more comfortable with the league, and he contributed in ways a hockey player does, and a "goon" doesn't. Last year Parros had a couple of goals and when he was on the ice in non-goon situations exhibited some real hockey "sense" (as opposed to soomeone like Ryan Flinn, who you prayed had the sense to try to follow the direction his teammates were going, up and down the ice.)

If (and this would not happen given this crop... I said CROP... of secondary Kings forwards) Parros were to see his ice time increase as it did in Manchester from year 1 to year 2, you would MOST PROBABLY see similar increases in numbers. And, if he is sent down to Manchester, he would be counted on to be a 14 goal scorer, not a 3 goal scorer.

That all being said, they should both go down to Manchester, with Parros playing a legitimate forward's role, and Ivanans being the sideshow freak that will occasionally pummel secondary heavyweights, and more often than not get to play rock 'em sock 'em robots with other neanderthals like Mitch Fritz

(and, over the course of 82 games, both will get a sniff with the 06-07 Kings...)

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 10:06 AM
King Blazer

There's no denying that Parros made amazing strides in terms of his game in the two years that he was in Manchester. Had Steckel not come in and made the strides he did during the lockout season, George would have had my vote for most improved hands down.

I like what Parros brings and that he's still showing signs of developing. I think Parros brings more to the table in terms of an all around game than Ivanans. However, I question how much of an opportunity Parros would have to contribute in L.A. with a healthy Thornton and Cowan available to MC. If Parros is only going to see an occasional 6-min night, they might just as well help out the Monarchs and have him in Manchester until such time that he could see steady ice time in L.A.

Of course Parros getting to Manchester requires him making it through waivers, so who knows...

Last edited by King Blazer: 10-02-2006 at 10:17 AM.
King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Glockaxis

I've seen what Parros can do/not do, so I'm more than willing to let Ivanans get his shot. Let him skate here for 3 months then reevaluate.

Glockaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 09:52 PM
RightKinger

Ivanans

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Kingz4ever

Ivanans. Parros can't fight. He grabs on, wrestles and losses his balance.

Kingz4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Ivanans should stay in LA from what I saw.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Saprykin Fan

hey

parros is on waivers

Saprykin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin Fan View Post
parros is on waivers
Is he? Well if that's the case, we've gotten our answer.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 11:48 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Is he? Well if that's the case, we've gotten our answer.
What was the question? Oh? you mean between the two of them? You can pretty much be assured that you'll see both of these guys in Manchester uniforms (and most probably both of them in Kings uniforms) at some point during the course of the season.

One advantage to clearing waivers now is that it will give them the ability to recall the player without risk of losing him that first time around during the year. If, however they try to send them down again, they have to go through the process again.

People aren't lined up for players like George Parros... I wouldn't think it any more than an immediate technicality... and we are not privvy to the waiver wire, so we are merely taking one poster's word for it at this point (not that I doubt it personally, but there is no officially printed list that we can refer to.)

Old
10-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Evgeni_Khatulev

Now we see - Ivanans is in team - great!

Evgeni_Khatulev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 04:22 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeni_Khatulev View Post
Now we see - Ivanans is in team - great!
Yeah, he's amazing. His two or three minutes of ice time has propelled this team to greatness and he ensures the team's star players enough room for them to light the lamp over and over again. In addition, since every other team is carrying at least two enforcers, he is fighting his way through the league and has left a trail of blood behind him. He is amazing. I think the team would probably be 2-5 without him.