vCash: 500
Timmmaaah

10-05-2006, 02:54 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique69 View Post
Timmmaaah

Is that official Greek, or your opinion of who should?

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Confirmed by Lewis today
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=296112

Greek_physique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 02:59 PM
SPICOLI*

Tim-Tim Timmaaahhhhh. How can he not start? Sure, Toivonen is the "future", but coaches are in the business to win. That's why they always play the goalie who is performing better come game time. Right now, that goalie is Timmmmaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

SPICOLI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 03:01 PM
cneely

Cool.
Thanks guys.
Like I said, the way Thomas played in the preseason, it would have been hard to hold him out.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Shinny

Well, sorry to interrupt all this anger and hostility...Just listened to the interview from EEI's Vault.

Lewis is a breath of fresh air in how much he tells fans and how he says it. I hope that he continues that way when/if he gets bashed by the media about something.

Few things I liked (apologies if any are repetitive):

Looks at it like he's re-cultivating the team. Passionate fans, want a Cup again. Need to win them back by winning and being a team that's difficult to play against. Need to establish a team identity.

Told Kessel a day or two ago he definitely made the team and will be playing in the opener. Patrice can help him since he went through the same thing playing in NHL at such a young age. Kessel has fit in and worked hard and done everything we've asked of him. Teammates helping him. He's a teenager but when he puts the jersey on, he's a Boston Bruin.

Holley -- some people say you're too nice. Lewis said he wants to treat people the way he was treated as a player. Communication very important. Perception doesn't bother him. It's mostly external -- internally it's all about winning hockey games.

Realizes Sturm, Bergy and Boyes had great chemistry. Savard needs a player like Muzz, but also one who can get open and separate himself like Sturm. There is a theory behind it, but will see if it works.

Team toughness -- best tool is your mind; look for mentally tough players which are needed for the playoffs in particular. If you can train yourself to be mentally tough, you'll have more success.

Having a team dinner tonight at a steak house in Florida. Opportunity for a different type of interaction. Everyone still getting to know each other. Has done some pre-scouting on Florida -- videos of special teams play.

Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Shinny

From Fluto's Globe blog:

Quote:
Lewis cited Thomas's strong training camp and stellar preseason numbers.
Lewis has decided on a starter for game 2.

Defensive pairings for tomorrow, based on today's practice: Chara-Alberts, Mara-Stuart, York-Dempsey. Mara and Stuart will be on the blue line for the No. 2 PP unit.

The York - Dempsey D pairing is a little frightening.

Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny View Post
VERY SO!!!!

Greek_physique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Jason010304

It's just temporary... Hurry back soon Jurcina and M Stuart

Jason010304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

I guess with the back-to-back games, Toivonen will be the starter against TB on Saturday then...

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 05:04 PM
chippa13*

I never thought anyone here would accuse me of trying to make this a "toe the line" board. I just figured since this kid has such strong feelings about how Lewis coaches that he may want to voice those ideas to the coach. Obviously, he doesn't have the courage to ask the coach point blank.

chippa13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 05:28 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
From Fluto's Globe blog:

Defensive pairings for tomorrow, based on today's practice: Chara-Alberts, Mara-Stuart, York-Dempsey. Mara and Stuart will be on the blue line for the No. 2 PP unit.

they are gonna log limited minutes.. I think it'll be fine. I'm gonna love watching Chara and Alberts crush people.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 05:44 PM
DOGSTARMAN

Jeff from Maine is a good poster, even if you don't like his opinions. SEECUP, no comment. Except that he does not seem like Jeff from Maine to me. Hey, I'm glad to have somebody on the board that makes me look like a moderate.

I am starting to wonder whether the line of Sturm-Savard-Murray may be a big scoring line. It seems like there's a chance they could be a top flight scoring line.

If Kessel can pull his weight with Bergeron and Boyes - and I kind of hate putting the pressure on the kid not to screw up that line - we could have more scoring depth than I was expecting.

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 05:45 PM
DOGSTARMAN

Quote:
From Fluto's Globe blog:

Agree, but I think York and Dempsey will play about 12 minutes a game.

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 05:50 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post

If Kessel can pull his weight with Bergeron and Boyes - and I kind of hate putting the pressure on the kid not to screw up that line - we could have more scoring depth than I was expecting.

What better way is tehre for a kid to learn how to play in the NHL as a rookie than being on a line with those two. Neither will force him to just feed them, or just get open, neither will over-protect the kid, and both will be excellent models to follow in terms of creativity and defensive responsibility.

It's great that the team wont be depending on that line alone to produce as well (unlike last year). You're right about the Sturm, Savard, Murray line being potentially lethal.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 05:58 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEKACUP View Post
How do you know he is an unassuming guy who does not hold a grudge ? Have you been in the locker room ? Know about his relationships with ex players ? I would say failing in the best place in the league to coach has to at least be "Considered" when evaluating someone. Now I am also not saying he does not deserve a shot somewhere. I just wish it was not here. My Opinion.

IMO he has done very poorly already. BREAKING UP one of the premier young exciting lines in the game. A line that was the best building block we had...And instead he puts Kessel woth Boyes and Bergie. Why....For a rookie, you break up a line with chemistry, speed, and finishers I will never know..........I think its a bad move. We'll see.

I'm glad we got him over Quinn also.......I think he will be easier to get rid of.
You obviously did not watch the teams that had success last year...they all had more than one scoring line...and I am not sure what you are talking about with your "speed and finishers" reference???

Kessel is every bit as fast as Sturm and may prove to be a better pure goal scorer or finisher, as you put it...both Savard and Murray have shown to be a bit defensively-challenged in the past, and needed a repsonsible guy on their line...last, I think that the B's believe by putting BBK together, they will have what will become one of the top lines in the NHL for years.

Also, this is NOT about breaking up a line to accomodate a rookie...it's about putting the most competitive and well-balanced team on the ice the B's can. If you could get over this "thing" you have for Lewis for 30 seconds, you might be able to see that?

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 06:42 PM
bwunderlich

this past summer, chia discussed at length a recipe if you will, for the new nhl. one that had been patterned by the sens, sabres, and canes. namely, a balanced, attacking 4-line approach that kept players fresh (i.e., the canes rotated 7 D-men). lewis saw first hand bowman's 4-line approach during the 1st condensed season because of the olympics.

so two things i find curious so far. lewis stating his approach is 2 O-line, a checking-line, and a grinder line, which seems contrary to what chia wanted and then today the notion that chara and bergeron will log big minutes.

now i've only watched 1 preseason game and i'm genuinely optimistic about the upcoming season. but i'm a firm believer in using a steady 4-line, 3 d-pairing approach. does lewis' comments today mean he doesn't think we have enough depth?

again, i'm probably the least informed bruin fan here on the board at this point of the season (but center ice is already purchased). given the high player turnover, i also expect a month or so of .500 hockey at best up until december, so no one will hear me clammouring for change . . . just for the sake of change.

overall, i guess i expected lewis to be positing more of the same language as we heard from chia a few months ago.

bwunderlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2006, 01:30 PM
DaBroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Couple of thougts, no this isn't a "toe the line" board. Lots of folks have criticized the Bruins of a variety of levels and that will continue. Are the majority pleased with the offseason moves and excited for the future? Yes, as are you apparently.

As for Lewis, you may be right, he may be a horrible coach. But here's the thing...so far, as the coach of the BRUINS, we have very little by which to evaluate him. Some of us like that he articulates a plan and explains his thinking. Now it may turn out that his plan sucks, but that remains to be seen.

Finally, you don't like the Bruins choice. You have your reasons. Why not wait and see what he does now? After all, I remember feeling pretty smug when the Patriots went 5-11 under Bill Belichick his first year..."See, I knew Belichick was the wrong choice." Boy, was I ever wrong about that, and thankfully so.

Am I saying Lewis will be the next Belichick? Nope, but maybe we should wait, oh, I don't know, at least a regular season game or 10 before trashing the guy?
Good points. Raymond Bourque was brutal in his pre-season game. Glen Wesley was the best player on the ice in his first pre-season game, got 3 A and 1 G and first star. What does it prove?

I've trashed the franchise with the best of them over the years. However, you have to give the new regime a chance to make the changes and see if they work. The team won't be rebuilt in one year.

So far, Chiarelli seems to be a much better fit for the Bs than Shero. Shero made a good decision to turn down the job, as he himself probably saw it wasn't a good fit. He'll be more comfortable in Pittsburgh where he can start completely from scratch. Chirelli gave people a chance before making moves. So far, so good for a second choice. Getting a new coach was necessary to change the culture around the team and in the room. So was making Chara, an older player captain. Bergy will get his chance, but I'm glad they didn't put that pressure on him.

I agree that the way the Sullivan situation was handled wasn't the best, but that's the way it is. I love Cheevers and Cash, but it was time for a change. Cheevers was a pro scout and our pro scouts fared poorly in recent years.

Chippa, my friend, at least give them half a chance before you trash them.

DaBroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Bojakees*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
You obviously did not watch the teams that had success last year...they all had more than one scoring line...and I am not sure what you are talking about with your "speed and finishers" reference???

Kessel is every bit as fast as Sturm and may prove to be a better pure goal scorer or finisher, as you put it...both Savard and Murray have shown to be a bit defensively-challenged in the past, and needed a repsonsible guy on their line...last, I think that the B's believe by putting BBK together, they will have what will become one of the top lines in the NHL for years.

Also, this is NOT about breaking up a line to accomodate a rookie...it's about putting the most competitive and well-balanced team on the ice the B's can. If you could get over this "thing" you have for Lewis for 30 seconds, you might be able to see that?

You finished...Did ya see the game tonight. Like I said...The coach does not know what he is doing. He has no Idea about his personel.....Axellson on the PP....Its laughable...Absolutey ridiculous....Chara on the point on the PP...Its laughable....a joke......Bergeron is not in sync...WHY...Cause coach genious broke up his line and now he needs new chemistry with a rookie...Its laughable......Boyes 13 minutes...Its ridiculous...Hope things get better....Talent is what produces on PP....Chara and Axellson do not belong on the PP....Murray, Stuart, Sturm, Boyes, Bergeron That should be the PP...Interchanging with Savard and Kessel....Yan Stastny should not even be here....Its a JOKE.....Coach needs to watch some tape of the Bergeron line from last year...Or he is gonna screw this season up quick.

Bojakees* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 12:45 AM
stick9

Quote:
You finished...Did ya see the game tonight. Like I said...The coach does not know what he is doing. He has no Idea about his personel.....Axellson on the PP....Its laughable...Absolutey ridiculous....Chara on the point on the PP...Its laughable....a joke......Bergeron is not in sync...WHY...Cause coach genious broke up his line and now he needs new chemistry with a rookie...Its laughable......Boyes 13 minutes...Its ridiculous...Hope things get better....Talent is what produces on PP....Chara and Axellson do not belong on the PP....Murray, Stuart, Sturm, Boyes, Bergeron That should be the PP...Interchanging with Savard and Kessel....Yan Stastny should not even be here....Its a JOKE.....Coach needs to watch some tape of the Bergeron line from last year...Or he is gonna screw this season up quick.
Dude, the coach didn't give up eight goals.

What worked last year might not work this year. There is thing called spreading out your talent. You can't win with one line. Putting Sturm with Savard and Murray actaully makes sense. He's a very good defensive forward and he has the speed to spring those guys for big plays. Kessel is too green to throw him out there with two guys who aren't known for their defensive prowess.

Chara played on the PP in Ottawa, and at 7.5 mil he damn well better be out there. He's got a heavy shot shot from the point and is pretty smart with the puck. That's what you want at the point on the PP.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Bojakees*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Dude, the coach didn't give up eight goals.

What worked last year might not work this year. There is thing called spreading out your talent. You can't win with one line. Putting Sturm with Savard and Murray actaully makes sense. He's a very good defensive forward and he has the speed to spring those guys for big plays. Kessel is too green to throw him out there with two guys who aren't known for their defensive prowess.

Chara played on the PP in Ottawa, and at 7.5 mil he damn well better be out there. He's got a heavy shot shot from the point and is pretty smart with the puck. That's what you want at the point on the PP.
I got new for you son......Savard and Murray are two very proven players who dont need Sturm to spring them for big plays...They can do that without him and have...Bergeron is the one who needs Sturm to spring him for big plays DUDE...And what Chara makes should not determine the way we use the players on the ice...Jeeez, get it DUDE.

Bojakees* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 06:40 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
All that from one game? That's pretty impressive. Maybe you should show up at practice this week when the B's come back to Boston in between games and enlighten Mr Lewis on the multitude of mistakes he has made.

The only JOKE here, is that you think that all of these problems are so easily defined after ONE game. So I guess if the B's go out and light up TB tonight 6-0, than Lewis belongs in the hockey HOF??? Maybe SEEKACLUE would be more appropriate?

Old
10-07-2006, 06:44 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

i just find it ironic that he botched the spelling of genius. what a genious.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 07:05 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by the max View Post
i just find it ironic that he botched the spelling of genius. what a genious.
I chalked that up to the time and possibly alcohol-impaired typing?

Old
10-07-2006, 07:13 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Seek, relax, its one game.

You are pushing the panic button far too early.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote