HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question : Carter for Rivet?

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2003, 11:04 AM
HHB

vCash: 500
Question : Carter for Rivet?

Just asking so don't flame please.

Would the Rangers be interested in Rivet for Carter. I think Rivet could be exactly what the doctor ordered to the Rangers, a defensive physical d-man (although he doesn't have a good season...).

He is under contract for the next two years at a reasonable cost (3M/year) and is still fairly young (29).

Carter could obviously help the Canadiens. He doesn't seem to be a good fit with the Rangers anyway.

Old
11-19-2003, 11:26 AM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHB

Would the Rangers be interested in Rivet for Carter. I think Rivet could be exactly what the doctor ordered to the Rangers, a defensive physical d-man (although he doesn't have a good season...).

He is under contract for the next two years at a reasonable cost (3M/year) and is still fairly young (29).

Carter could obviously help the Canadiens. He doesn't seem to be a good fit with the Rangers anyway.

Add Jason Ward to the deal and Id do it. I think Ward and Rivet for Carter would be good for both teams.

Old
11-19-2003, 01:41 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Nah but we'll take that bum Komisarek off your hands

I mean come on you dont' REALLY need him do you?

The problem with the deal is we've got enough defenseman, so you take say BOBO or vlad and throw in a 3rd round pick and it's a deal. Hell you can even have both bobo and vlad if you really want.

Old
11-19-2003, 03:35 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
Nah but we'll take that bum Komisarek off your hands

I mean come on you dont' REALLY need him do you?

The problem with the deal is we've got enough defenseman, so you take say BOBO or vlad and throw in a 3rd round pick and it's a deal. Hell you can even have both bobo and vlad if you really want.
yea, especially since vlad/mironov have been our steadiest defensive pair all year! who needs that, they stink, lets get sean brown in here pronto!

*shakes head*

Old
11-19-2003, 04:00 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHB

I don't think they would be, not for Carter at least. I can't imagine Rivet is all that good considering Montreal has crappy defense (not the youth) and he's not exactly someone who jumps at you that you think is good.

I'm sure Carter could fetch something better then Rivet elsewhere.

Old
11-19-2003, 05:55 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Totally Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I don't think they would be, not for Carter at least. I can't imagine Rivet is all that good considering Montreal has crappy defense (not the youth) and he's not exactly someone who jumps at you that you think is good.

I'm sure Carter could fetch something better then Rivet elsewhere.

he has a hefty price tag, and isn't doing to much with 4 points in 16 games..he hasn't played well since he has been in NY....The deal for carter was cross and dvorak..i think this deal is about right imo

Old
11-19-2003, 06:08 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
he has a hefty price tag, and isn't doing to much with 4 points in 16 games..he hasn't played well since he has been in NY....The deal for carter was cross and dvorak..i think this deal is about right imo
Hefty price tag? He only makes 2.8 mill. And because he's not doing well <b>here</b> doesn't mean he's not worth anything.

I suppose using that logic you also think Chow is now worth Mike Modano?

Old
11-19-2003, 11:50 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

then on the basis of points richard zednik (with only 8 points) is worth chris simon right also with 8 points ? sic
so simon for zednik...

that isn't happening any time soon,

neither is rivet for carter.

Closed Thread