Notices

Lehtonen...

Old
10-03-2006, 05:48 PM
TSV

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TSV
Lehtonen...

Kari's health always been a problem so far in is young career.
Do you think he will stay healthy this season ??
What kind of number he might put up ??

There's no doubt in my mind that with an healthy Kari, they'll have a playoffs run in Atlanta...

Im kind of nervous cause I picked him in my pool !!

TSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 06:36 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSV View Post
Welcome to the land of people who are paranoid about Lehtonen's health. You are welcome to stay as long as you wish...

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Complaining Customer

I think Lehtonen will finish the season with .940s%, 1.04 GAA and 7 wins.

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Fravashis

We really do need to make a poolies thread.

Fravashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 08:57 AM
edd1e

It's funny how many young Finns have that problem, Lehtonen, Ruutu, Koivu, Nokelainen, Toivonen, Pitkänen just the top of my head. All of the YOUNG players where hurt last season.

I dont know if it's because of their training or bad luck, but it's very anoying for a Finnish hockey fan.

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 02:01 PM
hockeyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater23fan View Post
We really do need to make a poolies thread.
Is that not what the Fantasy Board is for?

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 02:39 PM
StanleyCH25

Yes, the fantasy board is there for that but I'm sure you get random wanderers (such as me) who just pop in to see what Atlanta fans think of their own players and lines and potential since you might not see many Atlanta fans going into the Fantasy board.

StanleyCH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 04:58 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer View Post
I think Lehtonen will finish the season with .940s%, 1.04 GAA and 7 wins.
at the clip he's going he will have more shutouts than the flyers have wins.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 06:14 AM
yarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd1e View Post
It's funny how many young Finns have that problem, Lehtonen, Ruutu, Koivu, Nokelainen, Toivonen, Pitkänen just the top of my head. All of the YOUNG players where hurt last season.

I dont know if it's because of their training or bad luck, but it's very anoying for a Finnish hockey fan.
I don't know if this is relevant but a few days ago they had a piece on Teemu Lassila on swedish TV, talked about him player much better this season blabla and I believe they talked to someone in Djurgårdens organisation about him and he said they Lassila was pretty poorly trained when he came over from Finland and one of the reasons he improved his play was because he got a full preseason this year compared to last...

Might not be of value but I thought it could be interesting in regards of your post.

yarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Joretus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarre View Post
I don't know if this is relevant but a few days ago they had a piece on Teemu Lassila on swedish TV, talked about him player much better this season blabla and I believe they talked to someone in Djurgårdens organisation about him and he said they Lassila was pretty poorly trained when he came over from Finland and one of the reasons he improved his play was because he got a full preseason this year compared to last...

Might not be of value but I thought it could be interesting in regards of your post.
Well considering to goalies Finland is prolly number one in the world now. So it's not about training quality in that aspect. But I think there is wrong kind of physical training for finnish players as youth. Goalies are training invidually, so that's different thing too. Ie. they may have much goalie coaching, but not much/good physical coaching. Maybe you ment physical training too, not goalie skillvise. Since in that aspect Finland is beating ie. Sweden 100-0.

But there is one another thing to consideration. In Finland players are training a lot than when they are going over to NHL. They are having totally new rythm. They are playing a lot and not training too much. So it might mean that their bodies are easier to get some kind of damage. I think finnish teams are training MUCH more physics than ie. in Chezch. So maybe they are in that way a bit overtraining themselfs and without all the training it's backfiring them. Or training is just wrong kind of training in physical ways.

Joretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 09:37 AM
hockeyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSV View Post
Two consecutive shutouts... and you're nervous?
Kari Lehtonen is going to be a force this year.
Watch out, everyone!

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 09:54 AM
dunwoody_joe

I guess it needn't be said but when healthy, Kari is awesome. He reminds me very much of Dryden in his mannerisms and style (somewhat).

Kari has the skill, technique and temperment to be a superstar. The issue now is consistency and health/endurance. If Kari shows these characteristics, then watch out.

A workhorse goalie can carry a team pretty darn far. Man, I love what I see in him!

dunwoody_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe View Post
Man, I love what I see in him!
So do all of us

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Tristelune

Lot of Lehtonen picture on NHL.com stat page!

Lehtonen lead in 3 out of 4 goalie category. Well he is actually tie on the 4th one (win).

Oh, Andy Sutton is there too as +/- leader! So fun to see that! Now hopefully it will last!!!

Tristelune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 11:39 AM
ExplosiveLEAFman

Kari's shutout even made the front page of yahoo sports.

ExplosiveLEAFman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 01:27 PM
yarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joretus View Post
Well considering to goalies Finland is prolly number one in the world now. So it's not about training quality in that aspect. But I think there is wrong kind of physical training for finnish players as youth. Goalies are training invidually, so that's different thing too. Ie. they may have much goalie coaching, but not much/good physical coaching. Maybe you ment physical training too, not goalie skillvise. Since in that aspect Finland is beating ie. Sweden 100-0.

But there is one another thing to consideration. In Finland players are training a lot than when they are going over to NHL. They are having totally new rythm. They are playing a lot and not training too much. So it might mean that their bodies are easier to get some kind of damage. I think finnish teams are training MUCH more physics than ie. in Chezch. So maybe they are in that way a bit overtraining themselfs and without all the training it's backfiring them. Or training is just wrong kind of training in physical ways.
Yeah ofcourse I meant how well he was trained physically, not skillwise, what does that have with the argument about players getting hurt?

Old
10-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Joretus

Quote:
Yeah ofcourse I meant how well he was trained physically, not skillwise, what does that have with the argument about players getting hurt?
Nothing, but you just said "he wasn't trained well". Don't know if in Sweden, but at least in Finland there is goalie coaches already for guys who are like 7years or so. They are having own training schedules and those are mainly just about flexibility, not same kind of condition as other players.

Old
10-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytor4 View Post
at the clip he's going he will have more shutouts than the flyers have wins.
Which is a good thing, cause if you go see my profile, you'll find out I'm a Thrashers fan (in fact, like you, a Thrashers-Habs fan). I like the Flyers, but don't really care. Rebound Bob was just too funny an avatar.

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 03:11 PM
yarre

Quote:
Nothing, but you just said "he wasn't trained well". Don't know if in Sweden, but at least in Finland there is goalie coaches already for guys who are like 7years or so. They are having own training schedules and those are mainly just about flexibility, not same kind of condition as other players.
Might just have been Lassila then? I just remember that he was poorly trained when he came to Sweden, physically, whatever it depends on I don't know. Just thought I would put it in since some guy asked about finns and injuries. Lame to make a "Finn goalies are better than swedes".

Old
10-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Joretus

Quote:
Might just have been Lassila then? I just remember that he was poorly trained when he came to Sweden, physically, whatever it depends on I don't know. Just thought I would put it in since some guy asked about finns and injuries. Lame to make a "Finn goalies are better than swedes".
It's not just Lassila, there have been problems with finnish goalies and I think it's something to do with that fact they are so focusing on goaliethings that they might not train goalies as atheletes, but only as goalies. So it's good that you did show that point correct.

And I don't think it's lame, since it's fact. Just watch how many finnish goalies are ie. in Swedish leagues. And there is 0 in finnish. And how many goalies are from Sweden in NHL. Or how many top prospect goalies Finland have produced in last couple of years compared to Swedish goalies.

It's just simple fact. Same as Sweden have much more top notch offensive players&offensive talents. Same time as Finland have more 3rd/4th liners. And Sweden have had better defs. I don't think there is something lame to state simple facts.

Old
10-10-2006, 04:30 PM
yarre

Quote:
It's not just Lassila, there have been problems with finnish goalies and I think it's something to do with that fact they are so focusing on goaliethings that they might not train goalies as atheletes, but only as goalies. So it's good that you did show that point correct.

And I don't think it's lame, since it's fact. Just watch how many finnish goalies are ie. in Swedish leagues. And there is 0 in finnish. And how many goalies are from Sweden in NHL. Or how many top prospect goalies Finland have produced in last couple of years compared to Swedish goalies.

It's just simple fact. Same as Sweden have much more top notch offensive players&offensive talents. Same time as Finland have more 3rd/4th liners. And Sweden have had better defs. I don't think there is something lame to state simple facts.
It is lame since I didn't critize finnish goalies or anything, you just saw that I was swede and had to jump on me because of that. You probably misread and thought I was critizing and then had to attack, that is why I think it was a lame post.

Old
10-10-2006, 08:57 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK!

yaaaaaaay Kari!!!

I have him on three fantasy teams....and we're kicking butt!!

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 09:31 PM
kracker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK!

yaaaaaaay Kari!!!

I have him on three fantasy teams....and we're kicking butt!!
Some of the speculation regarding Kari - will he be healthy, is he playoff material? Who knows, now? I believe but I'm a fan [albeit a somewhatknowledgeable fan, IMHO]...

Some mention him with Patrick Roy [], but if he really is the real deal we can go a long way with a Stanley-caliber goalie...most of the smart people concur, the question is if he's past the groin problems [wash my mouth out with soap, I said it]

kracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 08:46 PM
BostonHockey33

Send a message via AIM to BostonHockey33
i dont think having lehtonen is really fair to the opposing teams...he is very impressive to say the least ...

BostonHockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Fravashis

Wow ... thats all I can say. Lehtonen has been absolutley unreal for us. I know personally I was starting to lose faith in him, but the last couple games have really shown that their might be more potential there than anyone could have even guessed at! I mean honestly, has he even let up an even strength goal yet?

Fravashis is offline   Reply With Quote