HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Cba

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2003, 05:42 AM
WFHACommish

vCash: 500
Cba

The way the players can look at it is: They can collect one a day for a golden egg to be laid or kill the golden goose today.

The market structure will work itself out. If CBA does not change, in the next few years, you will see contraction of teams like CAR and PITs and unfortunately further down the road, the canadian teams. In doing so, fewer jobs positions for players and guys that are paid $1M like Laraque will no longer have a job but selling groceries at IGA. They will all contemplate what a stupid thing it was to kill the golden goose that day.

Old
11-20-2003, 06:13 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I agree man! They are SOOOOO stupid. Although, I think they are just spouting off some of this crap for nagotiation reasons. They don't want to present anything but a tough hardline by the PA. But any fourth line player with a brain will realize the potential to lose their job if things don't chance and they will be against what the NHLPA is doing.

Old
11-20-2003, 06:23 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
But therin lies the problem...

Say 9 teams contract (which is probably more than there actually will be), that is 1/3 of the players.

If I am in the top 1/2, I really don't care because I will still have a job.

Just like with the owners, there is a split in the players association... unfortunately, it isn't enough in the favour of those who will lose their jobs...

Closed Thread