HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins - GDT's - 2006-2007

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

vCash: 500
Schremp 0-2-2 (1 ES assist) even 0 shots
Pouliot 0's -1 and 0 shots on goal
Brodziak 1-0-1 even 3 sog
Gilbert 0-1-1 Even 4sog!!!

10-08-2006, 09:47 AM
ThememanXX
It's a hockey night!

Send a message via AIM to ThememanXX
The ONLY bright spots in last night's game were Gilbert, Brodziak, Schremp, and Pouliot.

Gilbert moved the puck and took some great shots, he also played good gritty defense and kept the puck away from his net.

Brodziak didn't get much ice time, but when he did, he used it well. Great speed and work ethic from this kid.

Schremp didn't make a bad pass all night and is working on his two-way game.

Pouliot may have lost one faceoff. Played an excellent game and took alot of bumps. I wish the rest of the team showed up and played like he did.

If JDD doesn't get the start on Friday night, something is horribly wrong. Penner looked awful out there and Dennis Bonvie needs to retire, he didn't even see the ice in the third period. What a waste of a roster spot.

Old
10-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
The ONLY bright spots in last night's game were Gilbert, Brodziak, Schremp, and Pouliot.

Gilbert moved the puck and took some great shots, he also played good gritty defense and kept the puck away from his net.

Brodziak didn't get much ice time, but when he did, he used it well. Great speed and work ethic from this kid.

Pouliot may have lost one faceoff. Played an excellent game and took alot of bumps. I wish the rest of the team showed up and played like he did.

If JDD doesn't get the start on Friday night, something is horribly wrong. Penner looked awful out there and Dennis Bonvie needs to retire, he didn't even see the ice in the third period. What a waste of a roster spot.
thanks for the Reports ThemanXX, we really appreciate them you rock

Old
10-08-2006, 11:04 AM
ThememanXX
It's a hockey night!

Yep, no problem. I was going to go to see them play at Syracuse this Friday night (because i'm going to Buffalo to see the Sabres/Rangers on Saturday), so I was going to stop there on the way, but I have to work on Saturday morning, so no dice.

I'll give some updates from practice later this week, maybe see if I could talk to some of the guys.

Old
10-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:

Thank you very much for that mate.

Sorry the rest of the team had such a rough night but it is darn good to hear baby Oil's played well. I thought you guys might end up liking Gilbert, it would not shock me to see him get called up mid to late season and not come back. Depends if we trade for a D during the season.

If Schremp gets his defensive game solid, puts up good points and keeps working on his strength he should get a look and maybe more.

Pouliot everyone loves him up here, including the coaches but he did have a so-so camp, at least towards the beginning but I see him with the Oilers sooner rather than later.

I hope JDD gets the start, he definitely needs play as much as possible.

Old
10-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
How has he been doing on face-offs??? BTW-Your contribution to our board is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Old
10-08-2006, 04:25 PM
barrel_master
Amber Heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
thanks for the Reports ThemanXX, we really appreciate them you rock
Quote:
Yep, no problem. I was going to go to see them play at Syracuse this Friday night (because i'm going to Buffalo to see the Sabres/Rangers on Saturday), so I was going to stop there on the way, but I have to work on Saturday morning, so no dice.

I'll give some updates from practice later this week, maybe see if I could talk to some of the guys.
I will also join your fanclub on the Oilers board... thanks for the all the news.

Old
10-08-2006, 04:49 PM
ThememanXX
It's a hockey night!

Schremp has been solid on faceoffs, not unbeatable, but good. During the first game, I think he lost two all game.

Old
10-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Schremp has been solid on faceoffs, not unbeatable, but good. During the first game, I think he lost two all game.
This is good news, during the pre-season and rookie game up here he was 15 to 25% most of the time.

Old
10-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
That's excellent news, he was roughly 20-25% in the NHL pre-season, so it's definately an area where he'll have to get stronger on to be a center in the NHL. How has he looked at even strength??? Does he look defesnively responsible enough to be a center as a professional??? Thanks again, your reporting here is GOLD!!! BTW-where would be a good place to get a Schremp WBS jersey over the internet???

Old
10-08-2006, 06:17 PM
ThememanXX
It's a hockey night!

Even strength time has been tough so far, because WBS has taken so many dumb penalties. Call the penguins team store (I think 570-208-PENS) and ask if they could customize one for you and ship, if they say no, ask if you can pay for one to be customized via credit card over the phone and then I could pick it up and mail it to you.

Old
10-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Even strength time has been tough so far, because WBS has taken so many dumb penalties. Call the penguins team store (I think 570-208-PENS) and ask if they could customize one for you and ship, if they say no, ask if you can pay for one to be customized via credit card over the phone and then I could pick it up and mail it to you.
Thanks!!!

Old
10-12-2006, 01:27 PM
ThememanXX
It's a hockey night!

Rob Schremp's homecoming game tomorrow night in Syracuse.

Old
10-13-2006, 02:28 AM
Other Little Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_pens View Post
as for WBS news, their beat writer as a blog that is good for info

WBS Pens Blog
Hey, where'd this go? It was interesting reading.

Old
10-13-2006, 11:07 AM
cfrancis

Send a message via AIM to cfrancis
Quote:
Rob Schremp's homecoming game tomorrow night in Syracuse.
I know you!

Old
10-13-2006, 01:01 PM
ThememanXX
It's a hockey night!

It's down, check http://wbspenguins.mostvaluablenetwork.com

and I KNOW YOU TOO!!!

Old
10-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Schremp with a 1st assist on the PP, although Schremp, Pouliot, and Gilbert haven't had stellar games by any stretch so far after 2 periods. Brodziak has an assist, and he has been playing very wel by the sounds of thingsl, as has JDD, and Sestito has been hitting everything that moves. For awhile there was a line of Brodziak-Pouliot-Sestito. Out-side of 1 PP, Pouliot and Schremp haven't played together. However Gilbert seems to be on the ice alot while Schremp is out there. 3-1 WBS after 2. Pouliot has been out-muscled about 3-4 times in the game as was Schremp once or twice, and Schremp took a tripping penalty while WBS was on a PP. IMO as far as Oilers prospects go, so far the 3-stars would be...

1)JDD
2)Brodziak
3)Sestito

4)Schremp
5)Pouliot
6)Gilbert

Old
10-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Schremp with a 1st assist on the PP, although Schremp, Pouliot, and Gilbert haven't had stellar games by any stretch so far after 2 periods. Brodziak has an assist, and he has been playing very wel by the sounds of thingsl, as has JDD, and Sestito has been hitting everything that moves. For awhile there was a line of Brodziak-Pouliot-Sestito. Out-side of 1 PP, Pouliot and Schremp haven't played together. However Gilbert seems to be on the ice alot while Schremp is out there. 3-1 WBS after 2. Pouliot has been out-muscled about 3-4 times in the game as was Schremp once or twice, and Schremp took a tripping penalty while WBS was on a PP. IMO as far as Oilers prospects go, so far the 3-stars would be...

1)JDD
2)Brodziak
3)Sestito

4)Schremp
5)Pouliot
6)Gilbert
Does it sound like Pouliot is getting powerplay time and decent minutes 5on5? I'd actually like to see the Oilers call him up and drop Jacques down to the minors, it would open up more icetime for Schremp and Brodziak.

10-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Other Little Mikey

I see Pouliot got a roughing penalty. Heh.

Old
10-13-2006, 08:35 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
Does it sound like Pouliot is getting powerplay time and decent minutes 5on5? I'd actually like to see the Oilers call him up and drop Jacques down to the minors, it would open up more icetime for Schremp and Brodziak.
Yup. Besides...

Pouliot is ready for the show. He proved that last year. The AHL certainly won't hurt him, but I think if he can play anywhere near 9 minutes a night in the NHL for most of this season he could be ready for move over 10 next year and hopefully fit into our top 9 once Marty's contract runs out, though that would obviously mean that Stoll would also have to step up in a huge way.

Old
10-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
Not much PP time at all. Lot's of ES time (3rd line I believe). He hasn't sounded all that great to be honest, weak on the puck, and not that much "flash". IMO Brodziak has done the most with his ice time. Pouliot needs some offensive seasoning in the AHL, but on the 3rd line??? That seems a bit harsh despite WBS's offensive depth up front. IMO the Oilers shoudl rotate some guys to the minors, because sitting any of Jacques, Pouliot, and even Mikhnov for long ammounts of time is a waste IMO. That said Pouliot needs to produce at this level. There's no reason why he shouldn't be. Sounds like he's starting again with Brodziak. Pouliot also didn't sound too strong in his own zone believe it or not. On one shift he couldn't get the puck out of the zone in 3 or 4 attempts.

Gilbert 2 minutes for interference.

Old
10-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
I see Pouliot got a roughing penalty. Heh.
I know that he served a 2 minutes minor for too many men. I have only been listening to the game since 1/2 way through the 1st. I'll likely have to leave before the end of the game.

Old
10-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Pouliot muscled off of the puck again, and then he coughed up the puck. The announcer again says that he needs to add upper body strength and his decision making hasn't been very good either. IMO Brodziak would deserve a call up before Pouliot based on their play thus far.

An over-all crappy game for MAP thus far. Hopefully he can get his game together so that he can carry something positive to the next game. After watching Pouliot in the Memorial Cup in his final CHL season, I thought that he REALLY needed to add strength, from most reports that I've heard since, he was much stronger. Based on tonight (un-less he's injured) it is still a concern for the kid.

Old
10-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Just like old times for Conklin, 4 GA so far.

Old
10-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Not much PP time at all. Lot's of ES time (3rd line I believe). He hasn't sounded all that great to be honest, weak on the puck, and not that much "flash". IMO Brodziak has done the most with his ice time. Pouliot needs some offensive seasoning in the AHL, but on the 3rd line??? That seems a bit harsh despite WBS's offensive depth up front. IMO the Oilers shoudl rotate some guys to the minors, because sitting any of Jacques, Pouliot, and even Mikhnov for long ammounts of time is a waste IMO. That said Pouliot needs to produce at this level. There's no reason why he shouldn't be. Sounds like he's starting again with Brodziak. Pouliot also didn't sound too strong in his own zone believe it or not. On one shift he couldn't get the puck out of the zone in 3 or 4 attempts.
To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind seeing Pouliot get called up if he's truly playing on the third line. He certainly has some things to work but he looked ready playing fourth line minutes for Edmonton last year. It sounds strange to say we should call Pouliot up because he's struggling but I think it makes some sense. Likewise, it would free up more minutes for both Brodziak and Schremp in Wilkes-Barre.

Perhaps we should call up Pouliot and send Jacques down to the minors. Maybe Hamilton would take him...

Closed Thread