HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Bertuzzi leaving? not so fast...

Old
10-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Happy Girl

vCash: 500
And we could wind up trading Bert midway through the season for someone else. There are a lot of "potential" situations that could happen. Bottom line is currently he is a Panther and he better play up to that expectation.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 01:40 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
And we could wind up trading Bert midway through the season for someone else. There are a lot of "potential" situations that could happen. Bottom line is currently he is a Panther and he better play up to that expectation.
Well yeah, but the Bertuzzi situation isn't awesome. If he plays well and we manage to sign him, it will be a big contract. If he sucks, he goes through FA and we lose him for nothing, rubbing it in that we could have had Frolov or Havlat. The other alternative is what you just said, but his value would be fairly limited.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Well yeah, but the Bertuzzi situation isn't awesome. If he plays well and we manage to sign him, it will be a big contract. If he sucks, he goes through FA and we lose him for nothing, rubbing it in that we could have had Frolov or Havlat. The other alternative is what you just said, but his value would be fairly limited.

I never said signing Bertuzzi was awesome. Personally, I'd rather we didn't have him period. I'd be happy if we traded him to Toronto today for picks and a bag of pucks. But it is what it is.

Old
10-05-2006, 01:51 PM
PecaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Richards View Post
Dude loves to play golf and Arizona is a great place to be.
Yeah, but he seems to think the Florida golfing is great, from the interviews I've seen.

Watching the Bertuzzi saga play out this year is one my most anticipated things this season. Will he be driven? Will he slack off? Super-phenomenal year, or major bust?

PecaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Laus723
Future Now

10-05-2006, 02:03 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
I never said signing Bertuzzi was awesome. Personally, I'd rather we didn't have him period. I'd be happy if we traded him to Toronto today for picks and a bag of pucks. But it is what it is.
I dunno, Bertuzzi is abit young to play for the maple leafs. Whilst most people are pumped to see TB and hope he rekindles his form, im not really expecting much.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Anyone see who is going to be backing up Luongo?

Sabourin?

Poor Luongo.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 02:41 PM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Anyone see who is going to be backing up Luongo?

Sabourin?

Poor Luongo.
Poor Auld. Really feel bad for him. He's going to be a good goalie, but he goes to a team that consistantly gives up more shots than it takes. Who is his backup? oh ya, a 40 year old goalie with a history of Back problems the last couple of years.

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Luongogl*

crazy canuck thats the dumbest thing i've ever read. I hope the canucks win this year. simply beacuse luongo is going to hate playing for you guys. Then is going to complain about how much your team sucks. Oh yeah don't depend on him in the last minute of play in a game. He might just lose the game for you guys...

Luongogl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
Poor Auld. Really feel bad for him. He's going to be a good goalie, but he goes to a team that consistantly gives up more shots than it takes. Who is his backup? oh ya, a 40 year old goalie with a history of Back problems the last couple of years.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/statis...6&seasontype=2

Vancouver Shot Differential = -1.3
Florida Shot Differential = -1.6
From 2005-2006 Statistics

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 02:59 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/statis...6&seasontype=2

Pot. Kettle. Black.
...don't forget to mention we actually improved our team infront of the goaltender, whereas the canucks downgraded drastically in every other area.

crazycanucks...you sound awfully bitter...go back to your board, troll.

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/statistics?stat=teamstatoff&season=2006&seasontype =2

Pot. Kettle. Black.
Yea, I was about to post the same exact thing. The funny thing is that Florida was 3rd in shots/game while Vancouver was 22. Foot meet mouth.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Luongogl*

Canuck fans are just pissed off since the last 2 preseason games luongo played with them the first shots on net went in. So they think there cheated since there team now sucks. Im telling you we are the sleeper team this year. We are going to win the stanley cup this year. Canucks just suck and now there going to have to rebuild there crappy team. Im pissed off now this is the last time im ever going to post something. Stupid canuck fans. Getting rid of louie was necesary he sucked.

Luongogl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Georgia Panther

And How Will Phoenix Afford Bertuzzi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Richards View Post
Dude loves to play golf and Arizona is a great place to be. Keenan thought for sure he could sign Bert to a long-term deal, but Mike ain't around no more. We'll see what happens.
It will be interesting to see how Bertuzzi could fit in Phoenix considering his $5 mil+ current salary and Phoenix's present payroll and cap situation, $42,318,300,$2,881,700 under the Cap. Yes, they would have plenty of uncommitted money to use next season but a good portion of that will be going to Doan, Nagy and Comrie, who presently make just under $10 million, who all will be out of contract and due for raises and who Phoenix would presumarily want back. Florida figures to be in a better cap position than Phoenix for next season in trying to sign a player like Bertuzzi.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Considering that this is a contract year, I'd bet money that Bertuzzi has a monster season.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Phoenix has only 21M committed to next season. That leaves 23M in space (and isnt there going to be an increase?). They have the flexibility to offer a contract to Bertuzzi if they want him.

I'm not sure that I see both Bertuzzi and Doan on the same team. The rumor could simply be a negotiating tactic or a contingency plan if Doan leaves. It's also possible they'll let Comrie walk. Nagy's agent has a very high opinion of him and they couldnt agree a contract this year. So it's unlikely all three of them will stay. With their defensive depth Derek Morris (3.9M) is also a candidate to be traded. An especially good crop of cheap rookies (by our standards anyway not yours!) will be arriving next year too (Mueller, Lisin, Hanzal, Wheeler, Porter, Yandle). This makes it easier to fit in the big contracts.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 04:07 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Considering that this is a contract year, I'd bet money that Bertuzzi has a monster season.
Agreed, BTW, if Phoenix wants to go after Bertuzzi, so be it, there's so many good free agents going to be available. We can just go right back after Ladislav Nagy or some other great players who will be on the market. Horton in a year will be much stronger and closer to being a 1st line player so it's not like Bertuzzi will leave a GAPING hole up front as long as other people are up front.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Yea, I was about to post the same exact thing. The funny thing is that Florida was 3rd in shots/game while Vancouver was 22. Foot meet mouth.
Exactly, it's going to be more of the same for Louie in Vancouver, the defense getting the blame for him falling alseep in goal when not facing 30+ shots, his horrendous rebound control, and his dumb demands.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 04:38 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
all the negativity..

I for one am happy that bertuzzi is here; and if he has a good year i hope martin pushes to sign him; by all of the interviews bertuzzi is in, he really seems to like florida much much more than Vancouver. but afterall interviews are interviews..

To tell the truth i think if martin offers bertuzzi a good enough contract; he will stay

but why are all of you against that.

so your saying if bertuzzi has an absolute dominant year, you still dont want him here?

im just glad luongo is gone; VERY GLAD!!!

but back on topic; i dont see Bertuzzi going to Phoenix. just for jovo and Gretzky's coaching. who knows

Last edited by I May Be Wrong: 10-05-2006 at 04:50 PM.
I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey View Post
all the negativity..

I for one am happy that bertuzzi is here; and if he has a good year i hope martin pushes to sign him; by all of the interviews bertuzzi is in, he really seems to like florida much much more than Vancouver. but afterall interviews are interviews..

To tell the truth i think if martin offers bertuzzi a good enough contract; he will stay

but why are all of you against that.

so your saying if bertuzzi has an absolute dominant year, you still dont want him here?

im just glad luongo is gone; VERY GLAD!!!

but back on topic; i dont see Bertuzzi going to Phoenix. just for jovo and Gretzky's coaching. who knows

by the way; just so you know there are very very good golf courses in south florida as well..

IMO, he's had only two monster regular seasons and hasn't done much in the playoffs. I'll be honest and admit that as a resident of the eastern US, I haven't seen him play as regularly as I would like to have. But from what I have watched, I haven't seen the dominant power forward. I've seen a skilled forward who is lazy and doesn't play a smart game. This combined with the Moore incident and the rumors that he is "moody" don't give me much to be excited about. I sincerely hope he does have a monster year with us but I am not holding my breath for it.

Flame away...

Old
10-05-2006, 05:02 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
IMO, he's had only two monster regular seasons and hasn't done much in the playoffs. I'll be honest and admit that as a resident of the eastern US, I haven't seen him play as regularly as I would like to have. But from what I have watched, I haven't seen the dominant power forward. I've seen a skilled forward who is lazy and doesn't play a smart game. This combined with the Moore incident and the rumors that he is "moody" don't give me much to be excited about. I sincerely hope he does have a monster year with us but I am not holding my breath for it.

Flame away...

I think we all have to hold our breaths and hope for the best

but im a believer who thinks bertuzzi can really get it going again. i really do.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 05:13 PM
vcx*

Wow, canucks made off as bandits for this one. Isn't Allen a UFA too after this season?

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Wow, canucks made off as bandits for this one. Isn't Allen a UFA too after this season?
Nope, just a RFA.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
That's right. Everyone wants to leave the hockey wasteland that is Florida. It is unfit for any and all hockey players. Once completing their hard time with the Panthers and they are eligible for parole they will of course without question return to bountiful hockey glory land of Vancouver.

Yes please we don't have enough posts about this topic. Let's continue to beat this dead horse. And while we're at it, we don't even deserve a team. Let's just give it to Winnipeg and play shuffleboard. Whack whack whack ... beat the dead horse! yay

Last edited by Happy Girl: 10-05-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old
10-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Vman

This won't happen. Bertuzzi want's to stay in the east and does not want to play for a team in the west.

Vman is offline   Reply With Quote