Notices

Roloson, #1 goaltender ????

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2003, 09:59 PM
habsfan27

vCash: 500
Roloson, #1 goaltender ????

tell me if i'm wrong, but Roloson was in net for his fourth game in a row against Pittsburgh. Does JL lost confidence in Fernandez ???

thanks

Old
11-20-2003, 12:29 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan27
tell me if i'm wrong, but Roloson was in net for his fourth game in a row against Pittsburgh. Does JL lost confidence in Fernandez ???

thanks
No. Roli is on a roll (no pun intended), so Jacques is going with the hot-goalie-of-the-moment. Should Roloson lose his momentum, the fifty-fifty rotation will come back until one of the goalies gets hot again. Fernandez was playing very solid in the beginning of the season, while Roloson was struggling a bit. Now it's the other way around. It's truly a blessing for this team to have two equally good goaltenders, chances are that at least one of them is on top of his game at any given time during a season.

Old
11-20-2003, 04:57 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
This is what Lemaire did during the playoffs last season - ride the hot hand - if Rloi keeps playing like this though, it will be pretty hard to take him out.

Old
11-20-2003, 06:40 AM
CechMY5HOLEman-ek!

I'm curious if the hockey world in general will catch on to the Wild's goaltending. Perhaps it is just me, but I didn't see Manny or Roli getting much credit last year for the Wild's success in the regular season or playoffs.

Obviously neither played enough to get strong Vezina consideration but their numbers were among the best, and their play certainly backed up the numbers.

Not that I'm really concerned about the lack of people hyping them up (Wild fans know what they have), but it's interesting that both goalies seem to remain quite low key despite their success.

Old
11-20-2003, 07:20 AM
Dan-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by CechMY5HOLEman-ek!
I'm curious if the hockey world in general will catch on to the Wild's goaltending. Perhaps it is just me, but I didn't see Manny or Roli getting much credit last year for the Wild's success in the regular season or playoffs.

Obviously neither played enough to get strong Vezina consideration but their numbers were among the best, and their play certainly backed up the numbers.

Not that I'm really concerned about the lack of people hyping them up (Wild fans know what they have), but it's interesting that both goalies seem to remain quite low key despite their success.
I'm guessing that other fans are low-key about Roli because he's a career journeyman and they're just in denial right now. It's somewhat understandable. They won't be able to ignore Roloson forever if he keeps putting up performances like this.

Old
11-20-2003, 09:43 AM
Surly Furious

Quote:

Darren Pang has Roli rated #3 in the NHL right now over at ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ren&id=1664750

Unfortunately, tonight's opponent is co-ranked #2.

Old
11-20-2003, 10:10 AM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman

Unfortunately, tonight's opponent is co-ranked #2.
Wow, Osgood ranked #1. I know it's only a weekly rating, but I never thought I'd see him in #1 for goalies in the league.

Old
11-20-2003, 11:46 AM
CechMY5HOLEman-ek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman

Yeah, but I don't count Panger.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:45 AM
Surly Furious

Quote:
Yeah, but I don't count Panger.
Heh heh, but you have to take what you can get. At least he's not Larry Wigge :p

Closed Thread