HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Would Yanic Perreault clear waivers?

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2003, 08:37 AM
Lambert Closse

vCash: 500

Althoug he has more goals tha any other Habs forward and a reknown face-off specialst, he is in Claude Julein dog house. Does he have any trade value?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pierre Dagenais soon in Habs line-up.

Old
11-20-2003, 08:42 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Some people are making hard around here for me not to go off on rants!!!!

Would MArtin Straka clear waivers, now Would Yannik Perrault----Geez

To be nice--YP is a very good face off man and has a contract that can be played with--the finacially bankrupt Pens would even nabbed him

Old
11-20-2003, 08:43 AM
JimEIV

As a devil fan I wouldn't mind seeing him here.

Old
11-20-2003, 08:51 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
He would definetly be picked up

Old
11-20-2003, 08:52 AM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark

To be nice--YP is a very good face off man and has a contract that can be played with--the finacially bankrupt Pens would even nabbed him
isn't his salary 2.8 M? or do I have that wrong??

I'm not saying he wouldn't be claimed by SOMEONE but alot of teams would pass at that price. Calgary would (just as one example)

Old
11-20-2003, 08:54 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:

the difference w/ straka is though he will get 4.5M this year and next

Old
11-20-2003, 09:03 AM
Beukeboom Fan

I might be wrong, but I think he'd clear at this point.

IMO, 80% of the benefit of being a great face-off guy is wasted if you're so poor in your own zone that you're not out there taking key defensive zone face-off's.

While he can put points on the board, he's VERY, VERY streaky.

He reminds me a little of Donald Audette. Good enough to put points on the board if given a lot of icetime, but not good enough to deserve the icetime on a good team.

Old
11-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Lambert Closse

Quote:

Don't get angry so fast. I was just asking. So most people up to now think he would be picked up. Perreault has played as best as he can since the start of the season and yet is an healthy scratch.

He will not get better, how come there's no offer for him. Is Bob Gainey waiting for the trade deadline? I believe had Gainey receiver any good offer he would already be gone.

Old
11-20-2003, 09:36 AM
Tinordi24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
I might be wrong, but I think he'd clear at this point.

IMO, 80% of the benefit of being a great face-off guy is wasted if you're so poor in your own zone that you're not out there taking key defensive zone face-off's.

While he can put points on the board, he's VERY, VERY streaky.

He reminds me a little of Donald Audette. Good enough to put points on the board if given a lot of icetime, but not good enough to deserve the icetime on a good team.
Well put. I agree. This guy would be on no team of mine if I were a serious contender.

Marginal teams may pick him up but at close to $3 mil near the impending CBA stuff doesnt help his chances. I think teams would trade for him BEFORE they would pick him off waivers!! Why? So montreal accepts some smaller amount of junk salary in exchange.

Old
11-20-2003, 09:38 AM
Voynich

I believe Atlanta would take him off waivers if he made it that far. DW pursued him in the past and if he could get him off of waivers I think it is highly probable that he would.

I'd think DW would trade for him too if he were offered him. Don't know what kind of return could be had since this is all hypothetical, but I would think quite a few teams would have interest in him.

Old
11-20-2003, 11:54 AM
GaborikRules10!!!

We could use his faceoff abilitly in Minnesota.

Old
11-20-2003, 12:00 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Please, some team somewhere just take him off our hands. I BEG you.

Old
11-20-2003, 12:24 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Please, some team somewhere just take him off our hands. I BEG you.
I agree this is becoming ridiculous. He obviously doesn't fit in Montreal anymore yet he's still there taking a spot from a youngster (Hossa mainly). Gainey should just put him on waivers already if nobody has shown interest for a trade.

Old
11-20-2003, 12:26 PM
punchy1

I think he would be claimed but I agree with Looooob when he says that he would be passed by allot of teams. In fact, it wouldn't suprise me if he cleared waivers and Gainer was forced to make a "future considerations" deal that ate a little of his salary.

Old
11-20-2003, 01:41 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Enless a player has a contract like Cujo's---if he is any good he will not get through waivers

Injuries are starting to stack up and when then teams that have players they want to move---deal them for something--rather then nothing. Straka is an interesting case--he is a 20 to 30 goal man when healthy and is a legit scoring threat. With Armageddon coming--come feb/march, is a team desides that there will be no hockey next year--they may gift rap a pick and a good prospect for Straka

As for YP---because of his talent he would get claimed in aheart beat

Well--here is a question

Would Jagr clear waivers? Lindros? Forsberg? If it is all about teams scared of contracts--these guys would clear waivers

W

Old
11-20-2003, 01:53 PM
punchy1

Different status mate. YP is nowhere near the talent level of a Jagr or a Forsberg. It is an interesting theory wether or not Jagr would based on his large salary but, other than that, it is apples and oranges.

Forsberg, if he would agree to a long term contract with your team would be totally worth grabbing as he is one of a kind and possible the best in the world. One of the few that might be worth his salary. Jagr used to be that guy, not at 11 mill but maybe. I just think that Forsberg shouldn't be on the list. Remove him and I would say that they prolly would clear them.

Old
11-20-2003, 02:06 PM
Garnet

Cba

The CBA doesn't matter because Yanic is in the last year of his contract. UFA in July. Definitly picked up and I think tradable but for a minimal value (3rd or 4th rd pick)

Old
11-20-2003, 02:07 PM
punchy1

3rd or 4rth is allot to rent a face off man.

Old
11-20-2003, 08:01 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Perreault would not clear waivers. Plain and Simple. I don't care how streaky he is, or about his 2.8 mill contract, he is a guy good teams look to pick up. He is one of the top 3 or 4 if not THE best faceoff guy in the league, he'll still be good for a good 15-20 goals as a 3rd liner.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:44 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
He is one of the top 3 or 4 if not THE best faceoff guy in the league, he'll still be good for a good 15-20 goals as a 3rd liner.

That's the problem GKJ, unless your 3rd line is an offensive minded one and you don't have a checking line per se, Perreault doesn't fit in on a 3rd line because of his defensive shortcomings.

Old
11-21-2003, 11:57 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Last year of contract so money isnt a big problem. At this point, a maximum of 2 millions are peft on Perreault contract. He would be pick.

Best faceoff man in the league. Any team looking for a second line center who can scores somes would want him. Give him wingers who are more passers than scorers and you got what you want: 20 goals for the remaining of the season.

Or even on a 3rd line on teams who are looking for offense on 3rd line and no def. While he's not as bad as he was on def, he cant be on a defensive mind line. That's why he's not in Montreal plans anymore, Koivu and Ribeiro are better passers than him and that's what we need at center right now.

He would be picked before someone get the time to post he's on waivers here... (of course, a bit of an exageration)

Old
11-21-2003, 01:02 PM
Beukeboom Fan

I still don't agree that he'd get picked up.

What team is looking for a average offensively, weak defensively scoring line center? He's not good enough defensively to put him on a line that should shut someone down.

A play-off team shouldn't touch him with a 10 foot (3 meter) pole, and he wouldn't be worth enough on a bad team to make it worth the $ IMO.

Old
11-21-2003, 01:21 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
I still don't agree that he'd get picked up.

What team is looking for a average offensively, weak defensively scoring line center? He's not good enough defensively to put him on a line that should shut someone down.

A play-off team shouldn't touch him with a 10 foot (3 meter) pole, and he wouldn't be worth enough on a bad team to make it worth the $ IMO.
you'll be surprise when trade deadline come...

Old
11-21-2003, 01:44 PM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
That is a tough question but I would be willing to bet a team like Atlanta would be all over Perreault if he was waved.. IMO.

Old
11-21-2003, 06:43 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I think he'd get taken. He is a good player, will score close to 30, and dominate on the draw. He also doesn't make a gross amount of money. You can say he is overpaid, but remember 1/4 of that has been paid already, and any team taking him would be off the hook after the season.

Closed Thread