HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Steagle Colbeagle the Eagle

Old
10-04-2006, 10:00 PM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
OT: Steagle Colbeagle the Eagle

I don't know if any of you caught the Colbert report last night, or have ever watched the show.

Colbert has this segment where he tries to get things named after him. He's already had a bridge in Hungay officially named the Stephen Colbert Bridge recently, and now his later quest was to have his name lent to a mascot with the OHL's Saginaw Spirit.

http://www.saginawspirit.com/ss/home...2571FD0041E8B7

They showed footage of the new mascot's unveiling on last night's show, and it was pretty hilarious. The mascot tried to take a tour around the net but tripped on it. Then at the official puck dropping fell flat on its face. Colbert had some wisecracks about it but I don't remember.

The Spirit aren't off to the best start, so he proceeded to give them a pep talk and then at the end of the show retired the Spirit jersey he was wearing to the rafters. Sitting there staring at the jersey going up all teary eyed...pretty funny stuff. I expect him to follow the team for the year and give updates. A good boost for the team even if the name is kinda stupid...but it's only a mascot name.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Montrealer

Yeah, I saw that... good stuff.

Not as impressive as winning that bridge naming contest in Budapest, Hungary (!)

Montrealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 05:47 PM
guapo23

Yeah I saw that also. It was hilarious !
This should be great publicity for the OHL !

He had (the head of Homeland Security) John Ashcrofts' single "Let the Mighty Eagle Soar" playing as the jersey was raised to the rafters.

I love Stephen Colbert : he is doing important work taking on the ******** who run US politics & US media.
His style of political irony hasn't been seen much since Jonathan Swift.

Have you guys seen his speech honouring Bush at the White House
Press Association Dinner ? What balls to say that straight to Bush's face !!!

Check it out :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOprXKpuVRc

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 06:00 PM
turnbuckle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo23 View Post
Yeah I saw that also. It was hilarious !
This should be great publicity for the OHL !

He had (the head of Homeland Security) John Ashcrofts' single "Let the Mighty Eagle Soar" playing as the jersey was raised to the rafters.

I love Stephen Colbert : he is doing important work taking on the ******** who run US politics & US media.
His style of political irony hasn't been seen much since Jonathan Swift.

Have you guys seen his speech honouring Bush at the White House
Press Association Dinner ? What balls to say that straight to Bush's face !!!

Check it out :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOprXKpuVRc
I'm on dialup (live in the boonies) and the two times I tried to download that bit I never managed to get it done. Gonna give it another try now tho...thanks...I've heard he was hilarious.

I like Colbert as well - you stand a helluva lot better chance getting an idea of what's happening in American politics by watching Stewart and Colbert for an hour each weeknight than viewing 24 straight hours of CNN (or 24 days of Fox News) IMO. Plus you get to laugh.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Rahan

Colbert and Stewart are the funniest. No one can make a news story become funny/ridiculous as well as Colbert.

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Quiet Robert

That story was hilarious. He wears the jersey and talks directly to Saginaw about how to beat the '67's.

It was great. I think I'll adopt Saginaw as my OHL team now.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote